Six month regrets

General Discussion
Is there a support group for people who bought six month subs for WoW?

I repair industrial equipment. It's exhausting to work for customers, communicate with customers, find solutions for customers, and then come home and realize I've given money to a company that makes what they want and leaves content bugged for months at a time. Comcast fixes bugs faster than Blizzard acknowledges them -and- they'll issue a credit.

Skimming the forums, there's plenty of other reasons people don't seem to respect Blizzard, but mine is that there's no real pride in their work. They pinch it out, but they don't polish it. I was dumb enough to buy six months of an unpolished product, and now I shout into the wind.
11/13/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Undogro
I was dumb enough to buy six months of an unpolished product, and now I shout into the wind.

Live and learn, don't buy their product in the future.
I mean, even if you bought the dreadwake you don't need to play.

Maybe just don't get stuff like that in the future.
11/13/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Ninjastep
Live and learn, don't buy their product in the future.
It had been enough years since Diablo 3's error 37 that I started to forget.
11/13/2018 10:46 PMPosted by Fransizka
I mean, even if you bought the dreadwake you don't need to play.
I haven't used that mount at all. I genuinely thought I'd have more fun playing the game when I subbed, and tried to save a few bucks.
to be fair, i think everyone is guilty. i mean, i bought bfa and regret it.

blizzard are predators. don't lose sleep over it.
My sympathies.

I repair industrial equipment. It's exhausting to work for customers, communicate with customers, find solutions for customers, and then come home and realize I've given money to a company that makes what they want and leaves content bugged for months at a time. Comcast fixes bugs faster than Blizzard acknowledges them -and- they'll issue a credit.

Skimming the forums, there's plenty of other reasons people don't seem to respect Blizzard, but mine is that there's no real pride in their work. They pinch it out, but they don't polish it. I was dumb enough to buy six months of an unpolished product, and now I shout into the wind.

I learned my lesson this time with Blizzard; They've lost my trust!

I too like you travel to repair machinery all over the world and our customers must have their machines operational to make any money so they have to be repaired quickly.

I know this is just a gaming company but we are still paying customers for a service and when the service is as bad as it is now they have lost total trust from me and many others in the community.
They always come out with this kinda stuff when they get close to quarterly reports or they think they are cutting it close to expected earnings.

Blizzard are easier to read than a Harry Potter novel.

Look at W3 ,you can Pre order now and the Digital goods are not even ready yet lmao. Bump those Q4 earnings.

I think game companies are about 50 years behind what you'd expect from a normal company.
A lot of people seem to be bad at managing money. All these alleged "buyers remorse" threads starting up about people regretting a 6 month sub.

Apparently next to no one regretted a 6 month sub until they allegedly got "tricked" into purchasing it for a mount they allegedly don't even use.

The first thing I learned from my CO in boot camp 30 years ago:

"Every day is a learning day".

Accept it. Learn from it. Pass it along.
Hey you got a cool boat mount though.

Yes of course there is, it's called Azchats at Healsvsbabyface, he was warning people about that for ages.
11/13/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Welshcorgi
to be fair, i think everyone is guilty. i mean, i bought bfa and regret it.

blizzard are predators. don't lose sleep over it.

Predators because you don't like a game? Lol whut!

Sheesh so you spent 90 bucks and regret it so now you need a safe space? Wow that's just...wow
Blizzcon was my last hope for WoW. I was seriously hoping to see the "OMG I have to stay subbed to be apart of that" moment, but it never came. Ironically, my sub ends the same day patch 8.1 drops.

I want to fall back in love with WoW, but there's only so much I can put up with. It sucks, but if we as a playerbase want blizzard and other game companies to listen and stop $#@&ing us over for that last table scrap of cash, only way they'll take us seriously is to close our wallets and starve their shareholders.
Its a company like all company. It focus on and targets customers who can make the most profit. they usually do not last in long run. i know sound weird. It just proven those company do things that are questionable at best. they tend to earn a bad reputation and eventually they start to lose customers. Look at bio-ware and how bad they doing now. Its not just them Lots of gaming companies are doing bad. Only i think Nintendo realizes it mistake, tried to turn around and then let that ceo go. Now back to losing again. Thus they never learn.

The exception to rule. Do like oil company do. get government to support you and still make ton of profit. As everyone needs that product. Yet treat customers like crap. They got something they no everyone wants.
11/14/2018 01:02 AMPosted by Darock
Its a company like all company. It focus on and targets customers who can make the most profit. they usually do not last in long run. i know sound weird. It just proven those company do things that are questionable at best. they tend to earn a bad reputation and eventually they start to lose customers. Look at bio-ware and how bad they doing now. Its not just them Lots of gaming companies are doing bad. Only i think Nintendo realizes it mistake, tried to turn around and then let that ceo go. Now back to losing again. Thus they never learn.

The exception to rule. Do like oil company do. get government to support you and still make ton of profit. As everyone needs that product. Yet treat customers like crap. They got something they no everyone wants.

I don't think everyone wants oil...some people recharge their cars with gas, not petrol?
11/14/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Akston
Apparently next to no one regretted a 6 month sub until they allegedly got "tricked" into purchasing it for a mount they allegedly don't even use.

I want to take a moment to reassure you that I didn't know I was getting a mount at the time. Typically, I'll play WoW for six months or more at a go, and I wanted to save a few dollars. I don't feel particularly bad for wasting money in general...I've paid for months of FFXIV where I never logged on.

I'm resentful that Blizzard has my money because they don't care about the customer. Painfully forced good cheer from a GM telling me Bliz cares about customers is not a replacement for bug fixes showing me that.

Yeah, it's called your local bar

Yes, but what if you were the ONLY industrial equipment repair place, that was "worth it?"

Now you get the idea. This is not "Comcast", this is a "zero competition scenario."
This is like if every other cable, satellite, dish, whatever the heck company was just incredibly horrible and you had to put up with Comcast's crud because they were the best at doing crud.