Classic with updated Flight paths :)

Classic Discussion
So the flight paths are just silly, flying from ratchet to org takes you to crossroads then back to ratchet then org.

Do people still want that ?
Or is this a QOL fix that would be acceptable ?
As Mark Kern (sp?) said, you've gotta resist the temptation to fix things they would have fixed way back when.

As for flight paths, it's really interesting but they're basically designed the way they are because they had to do some massive trickery to make sure that multiple zones with too many textures never bogged down those old computers. Just getting flying taxis in the game was a technological achievement that competitors never believed was possible and became furious when they saw it for the first time at 2003 E3.
Still want it

If we allow QoL changes that relate to gameplay it will become a slippery slope.

The only changes that should be made should be behind the scenes and not impact the vanilla experience
I can see both sides of the argument as the weird flight paths were there for reasons that are likely no longer valid today.

But, the temptation to fix "that one little thing" leads to the temptation to fix that other little thing from back in the day and the next thing you know...it's not classic anymore.

Leave the dumb stuff in.

Its part of the experience.
I don't care about the path, I just want to be able to travel from north end of continent to the south end, without having to select each individual FP when I get to the next one.

As long as continuous flight is in, I'm good.
No.
Nope, this is classic, not classic +
cant you just be happy you dont have to stop and start flying at every flightmaster , geesh kids these days
I still want old flight paths, yes. My perspective is that they made the world feel bigger, and that was a good thing. Also, changes for the sake of convenience must be avoided at all cost. Lest we diminish the soul of classic.
Hopefully they’ll fix them and won’t tell anybody. If someone notices, they can call it an oopsie and say it’s too expensive to fix.
there not as bad as they first were I believe it was what 1.9 or 1.10 where the some fp were added and the fp were streamlined a bit
Keep it, it gives you time to think and plan your next adventure, or alt tab and look something up, or chat with people.
11/14/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Skrachee
Hopefully they’ll fix them and won’t tell anybody. If someone notices, they can call it an oopsie and say it’s too expensive to fix.

If they accidentally put an alliance flight path in the rebel camp, I'd probably act upset.... =D
Remember before they got linked ?
You didn't go from point A to point H directly.
you had to fly to each point along the way, land and then grab the flight again.

At least we had "direct flights" by 1.12.
And that's why some were wonky.
11/14/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Jklockedout

If they accidentally put an alliance flight path in the rebel camp, I'd probably act upset.... =D

Yeah I sure missed that one.

tip: rather than run from BB all the way up north, fly to darkshire and run.
Costs a bit of money but saves a lot of time.
11/14/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Brockthorn
Remember before they got linked ?
You didn't go from point A to point H directly.
you had to fly to each point along the way, land and then grab the flight again.

At least we had "direct flights" by 1.12.
And that's why some were wonky.
too late i already informed everybody of this with my biting satire