BfA vs. PS4

General Discussion
Should I buy World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth or a PS4 with Spider-Man included this Black Friday?
Considering you will prolly get a better deal on the ps4 which is much more expensive than one game xpac
11/14/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Danerexles
Considering you will prolly get a better deal on the ps4 which is much more expensive than one game xpac

I might not even play the PS4, whereas I will definitely be playing WoW.
PS4 with Spiderman.
Both.
Something that costs $60 vs something that costs $200+ isn't really a good comparison.

If you are actually able to get a PS4 for $60 though go for that.
11/14/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Prizn
11/14/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Danerexles

lol if you're not even going to play it why is it even an option? I wouldn't waste my money on something I wasn't sure I would even play personally.
11/14/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Prizn
Should I buy World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth or a PS4 with Spider-Man included this Black Friday?

Are you buying a PS4 just based on the price? Or that you will actually play Spiderman and then pay the $50+ for each new game?

If you just looking at price alone, then think if games on the PS4 are the ones that are willing to buy and keep playing.

Whatever people say about WOW, there are hundreds and hundreds, or thousands and thousands, of things you can do in it. From quests, dungeons, pet battles, etc to keep a player busy for a long time.

Just how many times would you replay a PS4 game once you have finished it? Will it have the staying power to want to go back to it over and over again?

You need to decide that first before you buy a PS4 and then end up not really using it. But if it does, then buy it.

WOW is pretty cheap as well.

Forgot to mention, when you buy BFA you also get ALL The expansions that came before it as well. Do you get those in most, if any, PS4 games? Unless you buy a special edition version, you will end up paying for each expansion pack, etc that they make for it. They might not cost much. But they do add up if you have to buy more than a couple. (And people "complain" about the "micro-transactions" in WOW. DLC content is the same thing.
11/14/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Revannia
11/14/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Prizn

lol if you're not even going to play it why is it even an option? I wouldn't waste my money on something I wasn't sure I would even play personally.

'Cause everyone loves the PS4, just like everyone loves WoW even though it sux.
You'll get more hours of enjoyment out of the PS4 over BfA.

And if you get tired of one game on the PS4, you can grab another and keep on going.

I've spent more time on my PS4 than BfA in the last 2 months...and I don't see that changing for at least a year.
11/14/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Burlybear
11/14/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Prizn

Are you buying a PS4 just based on the price? Or that you will actually play Spiderman and then pay the $50+ for each new game?

If you just looking at price alone, then think if games on the PS4 are the ones that are willing to buy and keep playing.

Whatever people say about WOW, there are hundreds and hundreds, or thousands and thousands, of things you can do in it. From quests, dungeons, pet battles, etc to keep a player busy for a long time.

Just how many times would you replay a PS4 game once you have finished it? Will it have the staying power to want to go back to it over and over again?

You need to decide that first before you buy a PS4 and then end up not really using it. But if it does, then buy it.

Forgot to mention, when you buy BFA you also get ALL The expansions that came before it as well. Do you get those in most, if any, PS4 games? Unless you buy a special edition version, you will end up paying for each expansion pack, etc that they make for it. They might not cost much. But they do add up if you have to buy more than a couple. (And people "complain" about the "micro-transactions" in WOW. DLC content is the same thing.

The expansion thing depends on the game. WoW started bundling them because others were, so that's not a good argument.
it depends with what you will just pay for the ps4 and spider man thats a year of bfa.you can spend a lot more time in bfa then spiderman.

once you are done with spider man and have nothing to do you will tell your self i should have gotten bfa.
11/14/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Andistin
11/14/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Burlybear

The expansion thing depends on the game. WoW started bundling them because others were, so that's not a good argument.

Blizzard has been doing bundles for a long time now. The first time I purchased WOW it came with the standard game and Lich King has just came out. I received a couple expansions and WOW in one. And that was back in 2008.

Just how many other companies where doing that 10 years ago?
PS4 for sure.
11/14/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Burlybear
11/14/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Andistin

Blizzard has been doing bundles for a long time now. The first time I purchased WOW it came with the standard game and Lich King has just came out. I received a couple expansions and WOW in one. And that was back in 2008.

Just how many other companies where doing that 10 years ago?

I remember back in 2008 when I bought Wrath. You still had to buy Vanilla, BC, and then Wrath. The bundling deal with WoW has been within the last three expansions or so. Prior to that, you had to buy all of them if you wanted to experience the content. They were following the EQ model of requiring players to purchase all expansions up until recently.
The correct answer, of course, is Nintendo Switch.
PS4 with RDR2

/thread
Honestly you're better off buying Spiderman. There is just not enough to hold you to BFA, and that's not mentioning the rampant rng. If you love to gamble and lose, then by all means BFA is for you.

My personal opinion, wait till 8.2 if not skip this expansion entirely. I would not recommend this iteration of WoW to anyone.
Isn't Sony teasing a PS5 already? I would wait a little before spending money on PS4.
I like my Xbox Onex better then my PS4 Pro.