Fire mage

Arenas
Needs to be nerfed. Most likely is the biggest problem of this entire season (assassin is right under it tho not downplaying that at all)

If they don’t want to rework the spec it needs to have damage more aligned with legion where it had high sustained throughout the match but low burst pressure.

Having both of those along with three schools of magic and the ability to set itself up for cc with dragons breath is pretty insane. I’m not a developer but one of the three thing I listed needs to be looked at and changed whether it is the sustained, burst, or cc.

I also think kicking them on fire should make cauterize not proc, just like how kicking a ret in legion made auto bubble not proc.

Anyone else have any ideas? I know there are other posts on the forums about this but I really want people to talk about how they feel the spec is toxic to the game and what could make it feel better for all of us rather than just saying “nerf it.”
I would like kicking them on fire to not proc cauterize. I think that's a valid nerf. I don't think things that immune you or prevent death without thought are good are for PvP.
Combust needs to be on the gcd it’s almost like blizz just forgot about mages when they did the gcd change.
"Hits darksoul"

Dont worry guys Im gonna hurt you once this globals gone.....
They have 3 forms of CC all on different schools in addition to the best caster burst in the game in addition to the best caster mobility in the game in addition to the best purge in the game in addition to a curse dispell in addition to providing a 10% buff to other casters in addition to having cheat death in addition to having an immunity

yada yada yada
Idk i dont like how the one shot is personally. I agree the burst needs to be looked at. It just seems like blizzard doesnt care about addressing problems with pvp or when they do its nerfed to the point of unviability. So in summation, I want fire mages nerfed but i dont want them to be nerfed to the point that ww/sub/etc. I fear that when those drastic changes happen people quit and it ends up hurting the pvp scene in the long run.

I'm not sure what nerfs need to be made. Maybe meteor needs to be a (on target)cast instead of a instant aoe? This gives the off target a chance to trinket stop or slow down the go. Again im not sure what nerfs need to be made but it just feels like there is alot of instants that need to be looked at.
11/14/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Epícburn
"Hits darksoul"

Dont worry guys Im gonna hurt you once this globals gone.....

Warlocks are literally the grandpa of casters, we hit our buttons then gotta say “hold on gimme just a second” before letting off the dmg
11/14/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Thèllè
Needs to be nerfed. Most likely is the biggest problem of this entire season (assassin is right under it tho not downplaying that at all)

If they don’t want to rework the spec it needs to have damage more aligned with legion where it had high sustained throughout the match but low burst pressure.

Having both of those along with three schools of magic and the ability to set itself up for cc with dragons breath is pretty insane. I’m not a developer but one of the three thing I listed needs to be looked at and changed whether it is the sustained, burst, or cc.

I also think kicking them on fire should make cauterize not proc, just like how kicking a ret in legion made auto bubble not proc.

Anyone else have any ideas? I know there are other posts on the forums about this but I really want people to talk about how they feel the spec is toxic to the game and what could make it feel better for all of us rather than just saying “nerf it.”

All sounds good I have a few easy steps

1- Remove Shimmer from all mages
2- Remove Gypro
3- Now you can design a real spec that isn't so cancerous to PvP.
11/14/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Saltmasterx
Idk i dont like how the one shot is personally. I agree the burst needs to be looked at. It just seems like blizzard doesnt care about addressing problems with pvp or when they do its nerfed to the point of unviability. So in summation, I want fire mages nerfed but i dont want them to be nerfed to the point that ww/sub/etc. I fear that when those drastic changes happen people quit and it ends up hurting the pvp scene in the long run.

I'm not sure what nerfs need to be made. Maybe meteor needs to be a (on target)cast instead of a instant aoe? This gives the off target a chance to trinket stop or slow down the go. Again im not sure what nerfs need to be made but it just feels like there is alot of instants that need to be looked at.

What about boomies? They csn insta gib someone after a cyclone mid match too. Lots of classes need fixing man
Revert to wotlk
idk what to say other than what i said in my thread, but basically gpyro and sheep are spammed all game and either one landing is the signal to "go" and pop all cd's and kill someone with instants. It's beyond obnoxious and I'm sick of it.
11/14/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Yatogami
Warlocks are literally the grandpa of casters, we hit our buttons then gotta say “hold on gimme just a second” before letting off the dmg

Give them the oooollllld wind-up into razzle dazzle.