Someone please explain this to me

General Discussion
https://imgur.com/WGzlREn

How do you obtain all those mounts (and a few more not listed in the picture) at the same day, especially when some of them are no longer obtainable and others only via BMAH.

I was checking this guy's profile and apparently he has a whole heap of mount specific achievements from this same very day, I glanced over other achievements too and many of them were also obtained at the same day (not the same date as the mount achievements though), but in this case it doesnt really mean much, unlike the feat of strength mounts obtained at the same day.

I was thinking maybe account merge, but does it work that way anyway?
What do you mean. Achievement dates are from 10/14/08 to 6/13/10
I don't know if all of those are old enough for this to be the case, but it's possible they were all acquired before achievements were a thing, so the first time they logged in after achievements were add they got credit then?

11/14/2018 08:44 PMPosted by Gojjira

Oh, huh. I actually looked closer at the screenshot and you're right. What are you talking about op?

Check the right column, the left column is my own achievements, the right column is the profile I was inspecting.
11/14/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Corrán
I don't know if all of those are old enough for this to be the case, but it's possible they were all acquired before achievements were a thing, so the first time they logged in after achievements were add they got credit then?

Not in this case, as he has achievements dated just before this specific date, in the same year - like, a month earlier. It's quite curious.
I'd like to mention that some times, there are glitches where as soon as you log in the game is liek LOLCONGRATS YOU ACHIEVED ALL THE THINGS TIME TO SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM YOUUUUUUUUUUU.
Also faction changing can cause this as well.
11/14/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Pinhead

Check the right column, the left column is my own achievements, the right column is the profile I was inspecting.

To many drinks tonight. I didn't see that. I would assume they got those mounts awhile ago and usubbed until the dates on the achievements since some of those were unavailable in 2015.
11/14/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Corrán

Oh, huh. I actually looked closer at the screenshot and you're right. What are you talking about op?

Those are all Classic and BC mounts from before Achieves.

Amani War Bear, Zulian Tiger, Raven Lord, Rivendare’s Deathcharger, and the Fiery Warhorse.

Raven Lord and Fiery from BC. Rest from Classic. All before achievements in WotLK.

So this guy probably played through Classic and BC, did some serious farming, then didn’t relog until 2015.

Also, these were back from when Mounts didn’t have a tab. He wouldn’t get the Achievements until he learned them.
11/14/2018 08:49 PMPosted by Ushi
I'd like to mention that some times, there are glitches where as soon as you log in the game is liek LOLCONGRATS YOU ACHIEVED ALL THE THINGS TIME TO SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM YOUUUUUUUUUUU.
Also faction changing can cause this as well.

Yes, but none of these things should apply in this context.
Mounts are shared at the Battle.net account level. If that player created a fresh WoW license on their Battle.net account, those pets would be added to that account on its creation date.

The fact that they have achievements dated earlier makes me think this license was transferred between two Battle.net accounts (which is rare but not unheard of), and the achievements were earned on the date of the transfer, Sept. 30, 2015.
11/14/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Gojjira
11/14/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Pinhead

To many drinks tonight. I didn't see that. I would assume they got those mounts awhile ago and usubbed until the dates on the achievements since some of those were unavailable in 2015.

But the player was active before said achievements, matter of days or even months, so that isn't the case.
I had this happen when I linked my old vanilla account that hadn't been logged into since vanilla. Ended up with the old PvP rank achievements, in 2018 lol. It is kinda weird to see. Same thing for any other of the older obtained items, that had no achievements way back when. If they never logged in before that date, they would all tally up when the person finally did log in.
11/14/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Pinhead
<span class="truncated">...</span>

But the player was active before said achievements, matter of days or even months, so that isn't the case.

Mount Achievements don’t show up until you use the item these days. So the account could have been active, but he never learned the mounts to add them to the tab (mounts were used from the backpack back in Vanilla).
important to note that he has to actually log into the character with the mount obtained in bag in order to trigger the achievement if he was, in fact, a classic/BC player who came back circa 2014-15. This means he could have played a different character and earned some achievements prior to logging onto his toon with said mount, giving the appearance of many mounts gained in a day while still showing that he was active at least a few months prior.

I, for one, have not logged into my BC priest since BC. Maybe now I will, who knows what achieves will trigger?
if you faction change your achievements go from the old dates to current date

they might not have learned those mounts yet.

even still i don't see the issue
11/14/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Teufelgott
Mounts are shared at the Battle.net account level. If that player created a fresh WoW license on their Battle.net account, those pets would be added to that account on its creation date.

The fact that they have achievements dated earlier makes me think this license was transferred between two Battle.net accounts (which is rare but not unheard of), and the achievements were earned on the date of the transfer, Sept. 30, 2015.

That's what I thought, I suppose it could be some sort of account merging thing. As I mentioned before, the only way I could think of that he could've obtained some of these mounts at the very same day was via account merging. Didn't know this could be a thing.

It's still fishy though as this guy with the same account he played all the way since vanilla or BC up to this very expansion merged an account to his with these very specific mounts. How the hell do you go through all of that and manage to farm all of that crap in two accounts? Even if we had 50 hours/day I wouldn't think it's possible.
11/14/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Inviscerate
if you faction change your achievements go from the old dates to current date

they might not have learned those mounts yet.

even still i don't see the issue

I've done faction changes before and it didn't change any dates on my feats of strength mounts or any other feat of strength date whatsoever - done on this same character I'm posting.
11/14/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Pinhead
11/14/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Teufelgott

That's what I thought, I suppose it could be some sort of account merging thing. As I mentioned before, the only way I could think of that he could've obtained some of these mounts at the very same day was via account merging. Didn't know this could be a thing.

It's still fishy though as this guy with the same account he played all the way since vanilla or BC up to this very expansion merged an account to his with these very specific mounts. How the hell do you go through all of that and manage to farm all of that crap in two accounts? Even if we had 50 hours/day I wouldn't think it's possible.

If I have a mount in Classic (let’s say the Zulian Tiger, for example), and I use it all the time, it’s still an item. It sits in my bag.

When I log in ten years later, mounts don’t work the same way. You don’t need an entire bag devoted to mounts any more if you were a mount farmer. Instead, you just need to use them from the mounts tab.

But, for them to show up in the mount tab, you have to use the old reins to learn the spell. You don’t get the Achievement until you do.

Hence he probably logged in, puttered around some, but never got around to checking through his bags (or bank) to learn the mounts that he had the items for. Thus, no Achievements.

they are talking the 3 on 09/30/15 over on the right hand side
Food for thought... just found this

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/razuvious/%D1%85%D0%B8%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%B0/achievements/feats-of-strength

Take a look at the dates of his realm firsts... lol...