Someone please explain this to me

General Discussion
11/14/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Tyriellais
11/14/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Pinhead

That's what I thought, I suppose it could be some sort of account merging thing. As I mentioned before, the only way I could think of that he could've obtained some of these mounts at the very same day was via account merging. Didn't know this could be a thing.

It's still fishy though as this guy with the same account he played all the way since vanilla or BC up to this very expansion merged an account to his with these very specific mounts. How the hell do you go through all of that and manage to farm all of that crap in two accounts? Even if we had 50 hours/day I wouldn't think it's possible.

If I have a mount in Classic (let’s say the Zulian Tiger, for example), and I use it all the time, it’s still an item. It sits in my bag.

When I log in ten years later, mounts don’t work the same way. You don’t need an entire bag devoted to mounts any more if you were a mount farmer. Instead, you just need to use them from the mounts tab.

But, for them to show up in the mount tab, you have to use the old reins to learn the spell. You don’t get the Achievement until you do.

Hence he probably logged in, puttered around some, but never got around to checking through his bags (or bank) to learn the mounts that he had the items for. Thus, no Achievements.

Said player was actively playing with no long breaks as you are explaining, in fact, he was still earning achievements less than a month before obtaining these feats of strength.

Plus, I didn't have to use any of the mounts I owned to get the achievements when the achievement feature was introduced to game game (just before the launch of Wotlk), they simply popped up. Using a mount or not does not factor into that.
My point is... if we have things like this still in the game (feats of strength realm first section)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/razuvious/%D1%85%D0%B8%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%B0/achievements/feats-of-strength

it's not entirely far fetched to think that something odd is actually going on in here.

Long time active account, with no major long breaks, out of nowhere adds a bunch of very specific hard to farm mounts in the same day.

There are several ways to go around and explain this, I just think it's not feasible to believe the guy could actively do all of that stuff in two different accounts at the same time.

I'm not going to give this characters name in order to not break the ToS, although I could've just linked his profile, but I don't have his character name anymore anyways.
11/14/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Pinhead
My point is... if we have things like this still in the game (feats of strength realm first section)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/razuvious/%D1%85%D0%B8%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%B0/achievements/feats-of-strength

it's not entirely far fetched to think that something odd is actually going on in here.

Long time active account, with no major long breaks, out of nowhere adds a bunch of very specific hard to farm mounts in the same day.

There are several ways to go around and explain this, I just think it's not feasible to believe the guy could actively do all of that stuff in two different accounts at the same time.

I'm not going to give this characters name in order to not break the ToS, although I could've just linked his profile, but I don't have his character name anymore anyways.

IE: you don’t like or trust someone, and want everyone else to attack them.

If you think he did something wrong, report him. Otherwise, quit stalking and leave.
Or you could ask them. Of course, you might have to explain why you were checking out their achievements and items in the first place but if they didn't bother you, you could always just ask.

Me, I don't particularly bother about such things since it does not impact on the game for me.
11/14/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Tyriellais
11/14/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Pinhead

IE: you don’t like or trust someone, and want everyone else to attack them.

If you think he did something wrong, report him. Otherwise, quit stalking and leave.

Scrutinizing dubious information =! stalking, whether you like it or not.

I'm not accusing the screenshot I listed of cheating, as it was mentioned before, he could have obtained the achievement via account merging or character merging (if that works the way people are saying anyway), while the wow armory link I posted it's obvious that account was hacked. How do you obtain almost every realm first lvl 90 class and max level profession on the same day? lol...
11/14/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Reull
Or you could ask them. Of course, you might have to explain why you were checking out their achievements and items in the first place but if they didn't bother you, you could always just ask.

Me, I don't particularly bother about such things since it does not impact on the game for me.

He was an alliance character, I was on a horde character, otherwise I'd probably ask it.

I'm not bothered by the fact he owns something, it's all about the ways to own it.
Sometimes Blizzard has agreed to combine accounts; I'm guessing it's when a family member has stopped playing and asked for this so their stuff wouldn't go to waste.

Could that explain what we're seeing here?
11/14/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Pinhead
Food for thought... just found this

Take a look at the dates of his realm firsts... lol...

This should just not be possible at all. Realm first level 90 with ALL Classes and Realm first level 600 professions with ALL Professions.

This is just impossible, don't know whats going on to be honest.
11/14/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Thera
11/14/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Pinhead
Food for thought... just found this

Take a look at the dates of his realm firsts... lol...

This should just not be possible at all. Realm first level 90 with ALL Classes and Realm first level 600 professions with ALL Professions.

This is just impossible, don't know whats going on to be honest.

This is what we call "the 'ole cheataroo"