Guilds are dropping like flies:

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
10/10/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Maizou
The raid has been out barely a month. How the hell is there a content drought?

I did every quest on Horde and Alliance.
I finished BFA Reps on Horde and Alliance, thus meaning no reason for World Quests other than Pet Charms.
I finished gearing my toon to the point I can.
I finished Island Expeditions (got all the pets but 1, which hasn't dropped for anyone yet)

What do I do?

Shocker, I started leveling my Dark Iron. You know, the new race that was added in BFA? That I just unlocked like last month?

On top of that, I'm still running Normal Uldir with my guild, and we only downed G'huun last week, because again, the raid's only been out a little over a month.

Yes, it's possible to have cleared all of the BFA content. However, that's when you go onto things like Dark Iron/Mag'har, or start leveling your other alts.

Yes, the Heart of Azeroth sucks for alts right now, but it'll be better in 8.1, so don't worry about it until then.
not everyone is satisfied doing the same thing theyve already done.
people want to see progression.
Sure I could go do every quest in the game, but that is ridiculously boring for me. im glad you enjoy it. I dont.
I want to see ways to improve my characters outside of a raid. the valor point system was a good way to do that.
having professions that werent borderline useless was a good way to do that.
having pvp rewards that you could build towards with honor points, rather than giving you nothing unless you have good arena rating was a good way to do that.

I cant just make and level my 20th alt and then say everything is fine. it gets old my dude.
Guilds die everyday. They're replaced with new guilds the next day. Then those guilds die. Its the cycle of life for wow guilds.
10/10/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Bombsamdi
10/10/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Fuze
my personal problem is that there is no avenue to progress outside of raiding once you get some raid gear.

why should I log in and farm world quests once my rep is maxed?
why would I do battlegrounds and dungeons for gear thats worse than what I have?
why log in and do mythic+ once ive finished the level im satisfied with?

the game has become "waiting for tuesday".

If you only do things for gear upgrades, there is only so much they can do.

I’ve always enjoyed a little pvp, never did it for serious rating, or mounts and titles. Did it for a fun change of pace.

Have to say if you aren’t playing to have fun, you’re doing it wrong.

Maybe you don’t like MMOs?

All you do in game is "a little pvp", and that's enough?
Imagine being surrounded by bottles of water but you are dying of thirst because you only drink sparkling. That's what this "drought" is like.
10/10/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Scotia
The content drought is real.

That coupled with too much rehash of WoD and Legion. Horrible, prolonged class balance issues.

And there are other issues, like a ONCE AGAIN expansion there certain primary race players that only play one race type, are stuck playing certain classes so they just get bored with their options.

Huge swaths of land that are completely useless and have nothing to do with anything after primary quest clear cause the only thing people are looking at on the map are world quests.

Island Expeditions suck.
Heart of Azeroth leveling sucks.
Azerite traits suck.
Arena, CC, instanced pvp, mechanical number issues, all pretty much suck and seem worse every expansion.

I would say play classic, but i think we all know. Blizzard is going to smash that right into the ground if not cancel it altogether. And who the hell wants to level another toon at this stage.

The only thing good anymore is the graphics, music/sound, and the people. And the people are leaving in droves because of the above.
Pretty sad.

Given that blizzard has been ignoring feedback from the community for 6 months - and now pushing dumb crap like nerfing taunts - there is no reason to think it'll change

"you think you do, but implementing that takes an extra dev at 150k per year, so you don't"

I think they've strategically put the game to pasture.
What content drought?

Blizzard gives players more content then any other game I doubt you or most guilds are actually doing the content because they are lazy or don't wanna put in effort.... That doesn't mean there is no content
10/10/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Stabbinghobo
10/10/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Erthan
"The content drought is real!" The raid has barely been out for 6 weeks...

OP might just take the prize for stupidest thing I've seen posted on GD all week.

Raid wise, there is no drought. But, unless you like spamming island expeditions and saving the same !@#$%^- turtles every day, there is really nothing to do.

And what's different than any expansion that has ever been released? I remember spamming heroics and trying to pug naxx in wrath around this time. You have more to do then you ever have before.
10/10/2018 11:48 PMPosted by Azivalla
Imagine being surrounded by bottles of water but you are dying of thirst because you only drink sparkling. That's what this "drought" is like.

Have you played odyssey? That game costs about 1/5th as much as a Blizzard subscription does for a year, has a world that's probably 10x the size of BfA, has awesome graphics and audio, a better storyline and...gasp....fun gameplay.

Blizzard is either de-investing or has gone full retard with the sunk cost fallacy, not sure which.
10/10/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Stnicholas
Pretty sad you have no sources to back up your claim: "People are leaving in droves".

Unless you are referring to the giant crowd who always leaves a month after an expansion.

And to say we are in a content drought is objectively wrong.

A giant crowd doesn't "always" leave a month after an expansion release, as any check of subscriber numbers from previous expansions will show. This only started happening when the expansions became progressively worse.

Having no content to do isn't any different " objectively'' to having no content you want to do.
10/10/2018 11:54 PMPosted by Tori
10/10/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Stnicholas
Pretty sad you have no sources to back up your claim: "People are leaving in droves".

Unless you are referring to the giant crowd who always leaves a month after an expansion.

And to say we are in a content drought is objectively wrong.

A giant crowd doesn't "always" leave a month after an expansion release, as any check of subscriber numbers from previous expansions will show. This only started happening when the expansions became progressively worse.

Having no content to do isn't any different " objectively'' to having no content you want to do.

Legion was great, legendaries, M+, artifact weapons all reinvigorated the game.

The obvious cost cutting - removing leggos, set bonuses, no class redesigns, etc - cut into the marrow of the game. Ignoring feedback 6 months ago from reasonable, lifelong wow fans like Sco, Bellular, and Preacher is reflective of why BfA is not fun.
10/10/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Fuze
my personal problem is that there is no avenue to progress outside of raiding once you get some raid gear.

why should I log in and farm world quests once my rep is maxed?
why would I do battlegrounds and dungeons for gear thats worse than what I have?
why log in and do mythic+ once ive finished the level im satisfied with?

the game has become "waiting for tuesday".

it really has, :(
I just got back after taking over a month off and my friends list was packed. Maybe it's because I'm on Emerald Dream, idk.
10/10/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Chewings
10/10/2018 11:48 PMPosted by Azivalla

Have you played odyssey? That game costs about 1/5th as much as a Blizzard subscription does for a year, has a world that's probably 10x the size of BfA, has awesome graphics and audio, a better storyline and...gasp....fun gameplay.

Blizzard is either de-investing or has gone full retard with the sunk cost fallacy, not sure which.

Can't be that much better if you'd rather sit in the WoW forums to dunk on the game.
I've been thinking about this...

I personally... do nothing but raid, mythic+ and make gold. I was happy doing it in WoD and Legion. But not so much now.

Pets, mounts and pvp? First and second is... just meh to me. With a hundred+ ping? Yeah.. you could be in melee and it still says out of range, I'll pass on that sort of handicap. 250 ping if matched up to the US server.

So why have I seen 2 guilds I know personally fall apart? With its main theme being players quitting.

The classes. It just didn't feel good. We left Legion on a high. Pre-patch came in and there was much disappointment with the way it felt come 8.0, and it really just feels 8.1. won't make it any better. There's no expectation anymore. Or in apocalypse/shtf movies, hope runs out. Just no faith that blizzard would bring the spark back for us (some of us at least).

Even professions feel useless for the most part. Alchemy/herbing? You'd need to sometimes farm more than 1 hour just to look for anchor weed to sustain yourself for 1 hour of raid/dungeon/other activity. Is this reasonable? Is this why it takes 'hardcore' players 5 player multiboxing herbing bot trains now?

Tired of negative threads. On the other hand, nothing to be positive about. Even the azerite emissary was half arsed. Just stick it in the M+ cache like we asked for as compulsory +1 misc. But no... just couldn't go all the way like we asked. Always have to drop the ball halfway.
10/10/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Mmo
Imagine for a second that you don't raid because you can't or don't want to.

Imagine the content drought those players face. Why even play once you're like 350 ilvl?

This is me. Just unsubscribed and deleted game off my computer. Due to work schedule I cannot raid on a set schedule so stuck on pick up groups and LFR. Island expeditions and WQ are so boring. Not worth my free time anymore.
10/10/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Konstantinós
I'm having fun.

Same.
10/10/2018 11:29 PMPosted by Amine
10/10/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Mmo
Imagine for a second that you don't raid because you can't or don't want to.

Imagine the content drought those players face. Why even play once you're like 350 ilvl?

I don't raid and I don't have a content drought. I play alts and have 15 more to finish leveling up and gearing up. I do professions and I could play hours each day just doing that. I do pet battles, again the same thing I could spend hours each day.

It must be nice not having any quality standards at all.
10/10/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Gormosh
How is there a content drought? Personally, I'm still working on clearing H Uldir.

Very few people actually bother with heroic or mythic raiding. Your average player is going to hit max level, dabble with world quests a bit, do emissaries for a bit, do LFR a few times, recognize the transparent skinners boxes the game is now chock full of, and realize that it's not worth their time and cancel their sub till the next major content patch.

Or you do what I did and recognize the Disney cycle at play and sub for the first few months of the expansion (admittedly the day I decided to cancel was the same day my sub renewed so here I still am) and then not bother until the pre-patch for the next expansion lands since that is what will strip out all of the time gating, and deactivate the stupid artifact power grind.
10/11/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Shantarin
not bother until the pre-patch for the next expansion lands since that is what will strip out all of the time gating, and deactivate the stupid artifact power grind.

Yup. I'll hop in last minute and do all the catch up. I like staying on edge it is fun for me and I can do it, but after the Artifact Power grind there's no elfing way. I like farming gear but this point system went too far with the treadmill. How they want us to farm gear sets + do their new point treadmill?

Nah.

BUT ... the catch up mechanisms are really quick so you can deep dive at anytime. I do appreciate that.