I hope the devs watch asmongold’s video

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 Next
10/14/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Keleni
10/14/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Kazbar
Honestly, I agree with the OP.

The devs clearly need to go back to listening more to what White men like Asmongold say because pandering to the "MUH DIVERSITY" crowd has clearly failed them.

What does being a white man have to do with anything?

I'd like to blame it on it being sunday, but these days who knows whats trolling or not anymore. Either way of all the issues facing WoW I don't think any of them come from pandering.
Just watched it, let me post the link in case no one can figure out how to search youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11M9CCNGNNw

I don't think it's necessarily eloquent, kinda ranty, but it touches on many of the frustrations of the community an here are some key points that resonated with me:

1. Blizz needs to find a better way of getting feedback from the community. Q&As are not a conversation really, it's one-sided. Forum posts get derailed so easily by off topic nonsense.

2. Fulfillment is lacking in BfA. You can't work towards anything, you can only work towards the chance at getting what you want. Too much RNG.

3. Many of the major issues with Azerite have not yet been addressed, the major one being how you have to unlock the same traits you already have.
10/14/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Kazbar
Honestly, I agree with the OP.

The devs clearly need to go back to listening more to what White men like Asmongold say because pandering to the "MUH DIVERSITY" crowd has clearly failed them.

What?
I agree with a lot of his points! I want WOW to go back to when you wanted heroic level gear you did heroic. The days when you legitimately could have BIS gear and all mythic/heroic gear and be the most geared you could be. I don’t want to keep playing on just one toon trying to get TF and WF geared. That was part of the fun in WOTLK was gearing up and then working on another facet of the game. I would feel enjoyment knowing my character was maxed on gear and would hop on doing other things instead of wasting time on TF and WF slot machine. Just feels bad
I guess my only hope is that the Dev team really take a long hard look at TF and WF and this whole RNG system just feels terrible. It’s short term excitement being traded for long term enjoyment. Yes it is exciting to get a WF or TF loot but you Irs more enjoyable having clear BIS items and grinding/farming for them and knowing that it will not TF or WF because if you get the item on mythic it’s the BIS.
Any feedback is good feedback. How it's presented though, matters. How it's taken, matters. A view of why, what, and how is also good.
10/14/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Hrumn
10/14/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Gryff
Is anyone listening?

The solution to the game's problem is not to restrict access to content.

And just because something is made harder or requires more of a players time doesn't mean it is restricted content. I am simply asking for alts to not be considered content and to feel more invested in the character I have chosen to focus on.
I'm actually suprised Blizzard hasnt deleted this yet. They dont like people speaking out against them.

Like a communist or Facist leader, they just delete the source.
So in other words.. This streamer is so God like his voice/video will rise above all of you players who have voiced the the exact same points/problems in a forum that the Devs supposedly do not read anyway, and heed his words?

They aren't aware of any problems whatsoever, but said streamer will make them be seen and understood because he's more right than any of you??
I watched the first minute only. He was starting to ramble about Warforging and Titanforging, like it was a veritable plight on the game. Sorry but anyone who is that passionate about such a small silly thing and putting it down like it was one of the main reasons the game is failing... I cannot take seriously. I get that people can be passionate about the game, but come on. I enjoy getting a warforged or titanforged item, I just think "yay, an upgrade!" and move on. But for him it's on a whole different level. What a joke.
10/14/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Dfat
It’s spot on, I hope the devs actually start looking at the problems he addressed. Just put your hate to that guy aside and watch it.

Edit: The video’s name is the current state of battle for azeroth by asmongold and here is the link https://youtu.be/11M9CCNGNNw

People act like they don't know the game is turning into trash. They put as much rng in the game to artificially extend playtime. Its finally starting to backfire. You can thank Activision for this trash.
10/14/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Rageclaw
I'm actually suprised Blizzard hasnt deleted this yet. They dont like people speaking out against them.

Like a communist or Facist leader, they just delete the source.

That's not true. So far none of the threads have broken any of the rules or spiraled into name calling or hate.

But saying they are like facists or communists might get this thread deleted, so I guess you can say it's your fault if it does get deleted or reported.

Edited: Fixed a sentence.
I don't know about warforging and titanforging. Sure it's kind of lame that you can get the same gear from a mythic 5 as a raid, but on the other hand, mythic raiding is lame too. The world first guilds all play 18 hours a day and blizzard tunes around that, so the average player or even slightly above average will never bother with the mode. Mythic raiders need to get over this already, it's not 2005 anymore.

The best system would have been to have ilvl upgrades drop, similar to the trinket from Argus. I don't know why they don't just use that system for everything, it's fair and removes the slot machine aspect from the game which allows the player to make a choice on how much they'd like to play to upgrade their guy. Oh wait, nevermind. I know exactly why they stick with the current system.
10/14/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Samasha
I watched the first minute only. He was starting to ramble about Warforging and Titanforging, like it was a veritable plight on the game. Sorry but anyone who is that passionate about such a small silly thing and putting it down like it was one of the main reasons the game is failing... I cannot take seriously. I get that people can be passionate about the game, but come on. I enjoy getting a warforged or titanforged item, I just think "yay, an upgrade!" and move on. But for him it's on a whole different level. What a joke.

You totally missed his point. Watch the entire video and then come here and talk nonsense.
10/14/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Gromolog
It’s short term excitement being traded for long term enjoyment

Most people check out over the long term. Hell for the first 3 weeks of Uldir we had to ask people to sit for raid. Guess what? Yep we are lucky to even have enough people to properly fill a balanced raid because people want to wait for 8.1 and hope things are better or they got bored of BfA's release content already.

There is so much wrong and when we tried to tell Blizzard in the Alpha and in the Beta they just kept doing what they wanted to do. There is no open communication. It is their way or the highway so to speak. They almost never admit anything fails until they are ready to replace it.

The Azerite gear and the neck are just so bad I can't understand why they even got released. No amount of adjustment or skill replacement can fix the core problems many players have with the system. Oh and for the record I stopped farming Azerite weeks ago.

I am done with the hamster wheel.
I love you Mcconnell.
10/14/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Keleni
That's not true. So far none of the threads have broken any of the rules or spiraled into name calling or hate.

But saying they are like facists or communists might get this thread deleted, so I guess you can say it's your fault if it does get deleted or reported.
I think you've missed a few threads. Several of them turned hateful. I was roasted all over the place for saying basically the same you did. Glad they have settled down into a more discussion tone and less a war zone.
It’s not even close to spot on. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about
10/14/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Broach
10/14/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Samasha

You totally missed his point. Watch the entire video and then come here and talk nonsense.

What point, he didn’t hit on anything or provide any good solutions to anything
10/14/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Elynos
10/14/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Broach

What point, he didn’t hit on anything or provide any good solutions to anything

He will provide solutions tonight