I hope the devs watch asmongold’s video

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 13 Next
10/14/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Dubknight
Ironic, considering how many places of worship are packed with them.
You can probably guess what I think of that as well.
10/14/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Valyissia
10/14/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Solarwynds
...You don't have to care about anyone's opinion other than your own but this thread started by telling us we should care about someone's opinion. Not the other way around.

You just talked about being a grownup, yet everything you respond to is only something I have said to refute ME in particular not give an input on this thread.

Yes yes, such a grownup indeed!!
Are you reading my of my other posts or just ignoring the ones that won't fit your opinion of me?
10/14/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Solarwynds
10/14/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Tarquinius
Even if they were given the video, the short summary, and then the CliffNotes version where the entire video is summarized point by point in the simplest way possible, they'd shift the goalposts and say that what you provided wasn't enough for them.
Is there anything in that video that has not been said here in the forums?

Even if it were not original points that Asmongold was making, would they be less valid? I think you shouldn't overlook the validity of the argument just because they are the same arguments that Blizzard refuses to listen to.
10/14/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Magaloku
10/14/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Azivalla
At the end of the day, it is simply one player's opinion. Being a Twitch or Youtube personality does not make you any more right or wrong than other players. If yoyu agree with him, alright. That doesn't really mean much.

At the end of the day, it's the opinion of all the players that unsubbed, which is at least 3 million since the start.

And every opinion is as valid as the other. Asmongold's isn't king of crud. People point to him as some sort of bloody deity. So what if he thinks one way or the other? Doesn't mean he is objectively right or wrong.

Please, though, do not spout numbers without sources. You ruin your own point by making things up.
I enjoyed that video. I’m not a big fan of him, but it was easy to see he loves wow. I think my favorite thing he mentioned was how the excitement of working towards getting something you really want has been replaced with getting lucky, and that doesn’t feel better.

I also liked his suggestion of finding a way to improve communication between the player base and the developers. We are not always right about what we want but we are not always wrong either.
Dislike the fool but video is spot on.
Truth is like rain. The sad thing is people are saying he did it for views. The game is terrible in it's current state. But keep running on the hamster wheel what the hell do I know?
10/14/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Lockoclock
10/14/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Snowfox
Is it too hard to actually say what the points are?

Do we have to go suffer through asmongold to find out?

I went ahead and watched it for you and a few points he makes are:
The RNG overabundance hurts because some players are not as lucky as others and yet even though they are clearing harder content and putting in more effort they are not rewarded for that work

A lack of vendors for gear/stuff as a form of BLP is sorely needed and is not in the game in any form

Reforging has been gone for 2 expansions and it's absence has not helped the game especially when having it now would help people tune the gear they have a little better to help counteract some crazy RNG.

Blizzard needs to talk with us rather than at us. They need a dedicated and extremely well policed forum for just feedback and discussion that is moderated to not tolerate attacks, or trolling so that way important data is in one place without level 1 alts making rofl posts and personal attacks derailing threads. They need to interact with us on that forum because twitter and these streams are not cutting it.

Classes (shaman) should not have to put up with the state they are in currently and it's insulting to the players.

Azerite gear. Just everything is bad.

Not the order but that's the general gist I got watching it.
Thank you for taking the time to do that.
I want to like Asmon and have tried many times.. but.. he just has no redeeming qualities.. none... zip zilch zero.... and he is just so gross looking and his space is disgusting...I Just can't do it...
Seen the video.

He hit homerun on numerous points it's not even funny.
10/14/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Tarquinius
Asmongold makes videos? I thought he just made reaction videos with him just nodding his head in agreement to other people's videos?

I hope he does a reaction video to his state of bfa video.
lol @ sending us to a 34 minute video

just sum up the points along with why the video is worth watching or assume lots of us aren't gonna bother

34 minutes buddy, you're killin me
10/14/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Serako
I enjoyed that video. I’m not a big fan of him, but it was easy to see he loves wow. I think my favorite thing he mentioned was how the excitement of working towards getting something you really want has been replaced with getting lucky, and that doesn’t feel better.

I also liked his suggestion of finding a way to improve communication between the player base and the developers. We are not always right about what we want but we are not always wrong either.

Absolutely, he does make great points. My favorite suggestion was easily the implementation of a new heavily policed feedback forum and how a few players shouldn't be dumb and make fun of things like physical characteristics of developers/CMs/whatever, but those same developers/CMs/whatever also shouldn't retreat away from feedback and communication with the playerbase over a few bad eggs like the people that harrassed Lore's personal twitter because all any of that ever does is hurt the game players and devs are both trying to make better.

10/14/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Falstra
Dislike the fool but video is spot on.

And that's well within your rights and completely fine, the important thing is you watched it and didn't rely on anyone to make your own informed opinion.
Man some of y’all really hate streamers. Regardless of who made the video you should check it out. It’s well made.
As for advertisement, asmongold really doesn’t need anymore adverstimemt. He’s already the most popular WoW streamer and one of the biggest twitch streamers. He doesn’t need Advertismemt on general discussion lol he’s doing just fine.
It’s just a really good video.
10/14/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Kugsneak
lol @ sending us to a 34 minute video

just sum up the points along with why the video is worth watching or assume lots of us aren't gonna bother

34 minutes buddy, you're killin me

God forbid you do something and pay attention to it consistently for an entire half hour, instead of relying on others who may or may not purposefully misinform you to further their own gains/justify their own grudges, amirite?

If you "can't be bothered" to take the time to form your own opinion and contribute to a conversation, you shouldn't have the right to an opinion anyways. It'll just be second hand knowledge echo'd by you without you knowing if it was accurate or not.

Your mindset simply baffles me. I had to sit through and actively learn from 3-4 hour lectures in grad school and actually did over much much more complex information than Asmon is representing here.

But when people are too lazy to listen to someone talk about a relatively shallow subject they are well versed in...

*sigh* Nevermind....
BfA is Diablo 3 in the Warcraft world, with only marginally more depth that is entirely built around scaling ilvl. Gear itself is meaningless. Nothing is romanticized the way it was back in vanilla/TBC/WotLK. Classes all play the same, for the most part, but with different animations.

I recently bought BfA and grinded a shadow priest to 120 with my 110 boost, and almost immediately switched back to warrior because spriest felt incredibly unrewarding. Warrior feels pretty much identical but does more damage, so it's better to actually play. Since settling on warrior, I've realized that literally everything I do in game revolves around getting higher ilvl pieces so that I can do different dungeons that give me higher ilvl pieces. The actual pieces are completely immaterial. The stats are all identical, and the difference in secondary stats leads to nothing but a marginal difference in DPS.

The game feels NOTHING like it did back in classic/TBC/WotLK, the only similarities are the classes and some animations. I know that a lot of people love what WoW is now and hated the time investment you needed sometimes in those days, but it's not for me. I'm looking forward to classic.
10/14/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Murik
Man some of y’all really hate streamers. Regardless of who made the video you should check it out. It’s well made.

No thanks, the points have been laid out in nearly a dozen different threads now. I have zero reason to watch it anymore.

Him explaining out the same problems we have seen since MoP isnt worth a 34 minute video where you just sit and nod to things you already know.
10/14/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Sincubus
10/14/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Murik

No thanks, the points have been laid out in nearly a dozen different threads now. I have zero reason to watch it anymore.

Him explaining out the same problems we have seen since MoP isnt worth a 34 minute video where you just sit and nod to things you already know.

/facepalm
Video is spot on.
Everyone hating asmongold are LFR casuals lololol.