MM nerfs on PTR

Hunter
10/18/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Mofuggas
Where is this well designed spec?
I didn't mean to suggest I think the current PTR spec is "well designed". What I think is that they are looking at it as a substantial redesign, which is a huge step in the right direction and very encouraging. Hopefully they listen to feedback. I will be testing it and posting feedback as soon as I have time.

0 synergy within the spec
That's not completely true. Precise Shots for example is actually synergy within the spec, its just REALLY poorly designed and breaks the spec. There are other things, but I agree it is insufficient.

worst 100 row talents in the game
LnL will be much worse off now that some damage is being moved away from Aimed Shot. Its proc chance should be increased (and it should be made baseline and proc off of Arcane/Multi for that "synergy" you mentioned). Now that Trueshot is looking interesting, Calling the Shots might be decent. Piercing Shot unfortunately is straight up broken. In other words, I agree the 100 row needs attention.

sniper and aimed shot directly contradict each other
This I disagree with. They perform different functions, and no longer necessarily have competition as an opener (since Explosive Shot is now a viable alternative). I will be testing it soon to be sure.

Still going to rely on an azerite trait
There is a fear that the Rapid Fire trait (whose name I forget) will become the new trait to stack. That has not been shown mathematically or in logs. Atm, its just a fear. Azerite traits SHOULD encourage gameplay differences. They just need to have more than one viable option. I am in no way convinced yet that that is not the case.

still 0 utility
Lone Wolf utility is still an issue. Trap/Scatter DR is still an issue. 0 utility however is not true.

precised shot is still a thing
Agreed. Its the biggest issue I have with the spec. I wish I could send the designers my spreadsheet so they can understand how it breaks the spec.

Where is this well designed spec?
Hopefully its coming. At the least, it is FAR better than yesterday.
10/17/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Masoschism
Presumably they will adjust damage accordingly so it measures up with other specs.

They've never done that before; why would they start now?
Hunters- We want a rework! We want a rework! Our meta blows! Bliz please give us attention

blizzard- gives you attention and starts to test out rework

Hunters- why are you changing our spec...[i][/i]
[quote="207684389493"]Hunters- We want a rework! We want a rework! Our meta blows! Bliz please give us attention

Hunters- why are you changing our spec...[i][/i][/q

Good point
10/18/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Boltaction
Hunters- We want a rework! We want a rework! Our meta blows! Bliz please give us attention

well mainly cause everything they are changing looks like straight nerfs but its gonna be intresting, it looks like rapidfire will be our go to damage over aimedshot and only cast aimedshot when we have trueshot up or lnl. also remember mm scales insanely well with gear. while its nerfs to the steady aim build which is what we currently run, its buffs to the overall spec if you use your entire kit. but i think for pvp we need scatter off trap dr and also think bursting shot should root for 6 seconds.
The fact that they are changing this much says they have people on it. And unless something else breaks attention will continue to be given to it. Hunter is a popular spec. Esp amongst new players. so I expect the changes overall will be positive to keep this
10/18/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Boltaction
The fact that they are changing this much says they have people on it.

The same people who brought you Ashran and BFA
Changes have begun and changes have not finished. I realize I have to keep an open mind that it's just the ropes being tested right now and the final changes will vary quite differently in numbers from what we see today.
10/18/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Yarrow
Presumably they will adjust damage accordingly so it measures up with other specs.

They've never done that before; why would they start now?

I waved hi to you in AV last night. Your flare < my camoflauge :D
10/18/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Boltaction

That is a simplified way of looking at this. We have a viable build in PvE. Now that is gone. It is being replaced by a new build you must use and it doesn't have the numbers to be competitive. We are still going to be forced to stack specific traits. Asking for a rework is one thing. Getting one that just shifts the meta to a new azerite trait isn't what we asked for. At all.
These aren't nerfs so much as moving some damage away from Aimed Shot which is a great thing.

How is this moving priority away from aimed shot? All this does is gives you an opportunity to use RF more often which could translate to no change in dps or even a loss. Here is why. Instead of getting your steady aim's up you might get a proc to reduce RF and choose to do that instead.

To me, all this does is add RF into the mix at random with no benefit other then having a slightly different rotation. This patch is crap and were supposed to eat it up?
nothing has been changed yet and unless you have played the new spec on ptr you can’t legitimately say anything about what the changes will result in. No one can really, Hence the testing.

All I’m saying is we can be upset about the changes once we see the result. it’s just dumb to be upset now when at the very least these massive changes show the community has been heard. And they have put some people on it to try and resolve it. And objective criticism is great. But if you’re not on the ptr testing it then it’s really just armchair quarterbacking. Not trying to sound harsh. But i have been in and out of this game for years and seen them let broken specs just go until the next expac. at least someone is putting some time in there to try and fix it.
I'm testing it right now. With three rapid fire traits rapid fire is 60% of my damage. The rotation does feel a bit better though. I may have jumped the gun on this a bit. It is still going to require specific traits though. We are only going to have one viable build as well.

I know it's early in the testing. I get excited about !@#$ like this. Sorry if I've been a bit of an %^-.
10/18/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Gunshy
I'm testing it right now. With three rapid fire traits rapid fire is 60% of my damage. The rotation does feel a bit better though. I may have jumped the gun on this a bit. It is still going to require specific traits though. We are only going to have one viable build as well.

I know it's early in the testing. I get excited about !@#$ like this. Sorry if I've been a bit of an %^-.

How comparable is your dps to live?
I will take a more healthy rotation then a numbers boost later. Let's be real for a while there has always been one build. And everyone is going to need spec specific traits.
10/18/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Kajeron
I will take a more healthy rotation then a numbers boost later. Let's be real for a while there has always been one build. And everyone is going to need spec specific traits.

Shouldnt have to settle for 1 or the other. Should be getting both baseline.
I won’t even pretend to know the state of mm currently I just know with the current strife something wasn’t working right with it. Regardless of the numbers it was pulling. They are trying to fix that. That’s evident.

As far as specs. Each spec hast to have 3 things before it can have a second meta. Sometimes people forget this. A spec must have leveling talents, pvp weighted talents, pve weighted talents. Those 3 criteria need filled before they make a 2nd competitive dmg build. Sometimes making 4 builds within a spec is impossible. sometimes because they try to make 4 to 5 builds they end up with a Good broken build in one aspect and crap for everything else.
10/17/2018 09:51 PMPosted by Periculum
Awesome. First they trash elemental. I find joy in aimed shot dunking people in pvp, and now they nerf that while STILL not fixing elemental. I guess I get to level another character to 120...?

It's not your fault that blizzard takes too much time when doing balancing, but it is your fault for constantly rolling the worst specs in the game. Obvious reply is "but I should be able to play the spec I want." Well the short answer is, you can. But just don't expect to perform at the same level as the overturned classes. Whether that sucks or is unfortunate is irrelevant because it is the way it is.
10/17/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Mofuggas
So instead of spamming steady and aimed while reyling on an azerite trait.

I now spam arcane and rapid fire while relying on a different azerite trait.

Wtf.

Blizzard doing what they do.
Considering that I cannot get an azerite piece with Steady Aim on it anymore, I dunno if Marksman changes will help or screw me more. I keep getting trash Azerite gear and have 30+ ilevel increases I cannot use because they decrease my damage overall. So... core problem with the class (for me) not affected by this. And I have a lot of thoughts on it, but generally it comes down to RNG Talents (azerite gear) making or breaking us just like everyone else.

The fact I can get a 385 chest piece and can't wear it because the 340 one has the Trait that lets me do more damage... that feels bad. REALLY bad. Shuffling numbers just doesn't seem to accomplish my primary issue with the spec. Mostly that it's dependent on AS to do almost all it's damage and in order to make that damage viable because of burst, I need a specific trait to drop so I can use it.

I'm getting to the point where I think re-rolling would be easier than begging RNJesus for the things that let my class actually work. And these changes only alter which trait and ability spam I'll be doing, so the same core issue exists. Total dependency on gear that can be a higher level, but be horrible for your spec, is a bad place to be. Everyone is there, but those of us with lower numbers (like MM) hurt even more for it.