So 8.1 Is Really Soon!?

General Discussion
Blizzard has mentioned recently that with 8.1 they're making the changes to Mythic+ Azerite Gear. They mentioned 355, 370, and 385 gear which is CURRENT gear and not the increased ilevel from the next raid. Also, because these changes are desperately needed NOW and not in several months, does this mean 8.1 will hit release with changes and 8.2 will release the new raid? It would be great if we could see some significant changes to the game now and further raid progression later.

Does this mean 8.1 is going to be releasing relatively soon!?
Boralus and Dazar'alor have gotten Hallows End updates on the PTR. So maybe the patch is coming soon. But I bet it's just being saved for next year.

But we know for certain it's coming out before Christmas because of Major Datamined Winterveil stuff.
I’m guessing late November early december
10/20/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Empowerments
Blizzard has mentioned recently that with 8.1 they're making the changes to Mythic+ Azerite Gear. They mentioned 355, 370, and 385 gear which is CURRENT gear and not the increased ilevel from the next raid. Also, because these changes are desperately needed NOW and not in several months, does this mean 8.1 will hit release with changes and 8.2 will release the new raid? It would be great if we could see some significant changes to the game now and further raid progression later.

BfA's endgame is awful, worst endgame release in the franchise's history. With lootship of desperation and free weekends and other nonsense gimmicks, they are in full panic mode - and if the WeakAuras find is to be believed, subs are off 50% since launch.

Most developer compensation systems are structured around a tight base and a performance-driven bonus or options, at moment ain't looking too good.

I suspect we'll see something before Thanksgiving, because the core playerbase is in open revolt.
10/20/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Suhbro

That's strange for a raid tier to only last what? 3-4 months? Usually we see 6-8 or even 12 months between raid tiers. I hope this doesn't mean we're headed for another WoD where they suddenly try and rush everything out and suddenly end the expansion.
10/20/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Empowerments

That's strange for a raid tier to only last what? 3-4 months? Usually we see 6-8 or even 12 months between raid tiers. I hope this doesn't mean we're headed for another WoD where they suddenly try and rush everything out and suddenly end the expansion.
Maybe the raid won't come out with the patch but a few weeks or more after.
I suspect 8.1 is the general patch and 8.15 is the raid.

Could be wrong though.
10/20/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Empowerments

In legion: patch 7.0 august 30, patch 7.1 october 25
In legion they kept releasing patches then locking the raid in the patch for several weeks to months.
SOON™

XD
The gear will go up in ilvl when the new raid is released. There will probably be an 8-12 week quest chain before the Siege of Boralus after 8.1 launches.
the question is:

do we have to fill our bank with every epic azerite piece for later scrapping?

or

Will only the new items dropping from 8.1 and on give the currency?
10/20/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Tekbm
the question is:

or

Bank em all until you hear otherwise is the safe bet.
10/20/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Tekbm
the question is:

or

Per bellular, only new items will give currency
10/20/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Elynos
<span class="truncated">...</span>

But the Nighthold didn’t launch until January.
God I really hope this isn't true.

But the Nighthold didn’t launch until January.

Correct, but the patch containing Nighthold came well before the raid launched. It was just locked for a few months.
Several big things wrong with the game right now are things they've stated they can't implement or change until 8.1. That, combined with the fact that they seem to have a habit of letting out patches without enabling the patch's raid(s) immediately yet they're already doing raid testing for the new raid on the PTR suggests to me that 8.1 is coming soon.

We'll either have 8.1 in early November, or at the very least have a release date announced at Blizzcon.
While y'all are excited for mythic changes, I'm just sitting here happy that Blizz is finally adding multithreading support for DX12.
10/20/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Drkenypowers
10/20/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Empowerments

BfA's endgame is awful, worst endgame release in the franchise's history. With lootship of desperation and free weekends and other nonsense gimmicks, they are in full panic mode - and if the WeakAuras find is to be believed, subs are off 50% since launch.

Most developer compensation systems are structured around a tight base and a performance-driven bonus or options, at moment ain't looking too good.

I suspect we'll see something before Thanksgiving, because the core playerbase is in open revolt.

Well said