2000g sucks for emissary.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I can't tell you how much I appreciate the boost. This helps with my repair bills in all of those failed M+ runs.
Let me know when they finally fix the mission table gold. Then we'll be in business. I guess if they keep losing subs, changes will happen.
10/25/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Mcsalty
Still not worth my time.

4 quests averaging at 500g a pop? Worth my time.
10/25/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Paladina
Mcsalty by name...

Mcsalty by reputation.
10/26/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Presumption
Let me know when they finally fix the mission table gold. Then we'll be in business. I guess if they keep losing subs, changes will happen.
At what point do you finally feel satisfied? Never I am guessing.
Still not worth my time.

Okay, now you're just being greedy and salt... oh... well then...

Still greedy tho. Just go do something else if you don't want to play the game. lol
2000g in 15 minutes is worth my time.
10/26/2018 05:47 AMPosted by Neghrar
I'm still not going to do it if I don't need the rep. But I'll take the extra gold when it's a rep I need nd think it's cool they bumped it up.

10/26/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Trollingyou
You over-value yourself hugely.

Or perhaps you under-value yourself. At this point I spend about 30-45 minutes a day to maintain a 30-40k a day income. 2k to do an emissary with a rep I don't need, is simply not worth my time. When it comes purely to gold making, my time is worth 30-40k per 30-45 minutes invested. Since I can't finish an emissary in 4 and a half minutes then it's not worth my time if all I'm getting is gold. /shrug I don't like to spend much of my playtime focused on making gold.

Exactly.
I do like farming, but I certainly am not going to take the longer path.
Ghost iron ore goes for about 20g on my one server.
Monelite ore also seems to average about the same 20g there.
Monelite ore is far more scarce, far fewer nodes, than ghost iron ore. And I can hit nodes in Pandaria, even on lower level characters, without a single fight to get to them. At least half of the monelite nodes involve some long fight with 1-3 trash that for some reason doesnt want me pillaging its natural resources.

My time is better spent mining ghost iron ore, then if I need monelite ore I can just buy it with the gold I got from selling ghost iron.
Still not worth my time.
Who cares?
Good thing I don't judge what I care about by what you think then huh?
Uhm, you spend like 30 min or less to do all of them.
Eh, I still need the Tortollan Seekers rep, so when it's tied to them, it's worth it. If I'm exalted with all the factions and one pops up for a faction I'm already exalted on and it's not 8.1 with paragon levels yet, I might not do it, but I'm also a completionist, so if I have 3 emissary quests pending I'm going to just knock them all out.
2k plus the rewards from the wqs (which can net a profit depending on what they are, umbra shards still go high on my realm) is well worth it.

There are a lot of issues with this expansion that deserve criticism, this is not and has never been one of them.
I am in-game wealthy enough that I was skipping the 700g emissaries, but upping it to 2000g got me to do it on all 12 alts.

So apparently that's my price lol.

10/26/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Howlyn

Ghost iron ore goes for about 20g on my one server.
Monelite ore also seems to average about the same 20g there.
Monelite ore is far more scarce, far fewer nodes, than ghost iron ore. And I can hit nodes in Pandaria, even on lower level characters, without a single fight to get to them. At least half of the monelite nodes involve some long fight with 1-3 trash that for some reason doesnt want me pillaging its natural resources.

My time is better spent mining ghost iron ore, then if I need monelite ore I can just buy it with the gold I got from selling ghost iron.

Gold from selling ore is different than reward gold. When you sell you are taking other people's gold. It is only there as long as they have gold to spend. It might seem like it will never run out, since people had so much coming off the Legion, but the greatly restricted sources of new gold means it has been dropping since 8.0 - which means deflation, which eventually will mean lower prices for your ore.
That's a good amount of gold per turtle saved.
Uhhh it def was for me lol
I don't know about you but 2,000G is enough to cover my repairs for a night of raiding if *blank* hits the bag. That's worth it to me.
Still not worth my time.
shut your piehole it's plenty for 4 wqs.
I'm sure by 8.4 it'll be up to 5000gp and Invincible's Reins.

It's all for you McSalty.
It was for something I was doing anyway, I’ll take it. Maybe it’s a sign that Blizzard is taking the economy seriously.