Know your role!

General Discussion
I don't remember this being a problem in past years, why now? I've encountered multiple runs of the Headless Horseman with my healers this year of people queueing as tanks but trying to tank in DPS spec'. When I queue as Tank I play Tank.

Just ran through another that a frost DK tried tanking and the group died because he couldn't hold aggro. Why is this even allowed? If you queue as tank or healer it should switch you to the role you chose when zoning in and lock it.
Most likely they do know their role, they are just queing as tank for a faster que time and hoping that the healer will make up the difference for their idiocy.
Because the headless horsemen event is not a serious enough encounter to actually require dedicated roles.
I like the sourdough rolls. They're great with soup but you can eat them on their own too.
"headless horseman is too hard" lmao
It's so easy to heal I almost prefer the tank go dps.
If it wasn’t for that guy you coulda spent another 20 minutes in que
I get the argument that people queue tank to make it faster

but then queuing as DPS is...also really fast? I've never waited more than 3 minutes for a horseman queue on any of my pure DPS toons.

But at the same time, who even cares, it's a holiday dungeon. you zone in, kill boss, get loot, leave. Log onto other toons and repeat.
I’m not waiting out a 19min dps queue on my Havoc DH that I made solely for HH farming (I will actually play it eventually). Sorry not sorry. It’s HH, it flips over dead, it’s a joke, get over it man lol.
10/27/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Chrace
I don't remember this being a problem in past years, why now? I've encountered multiple runs of the Headless Horseman with my healers this year of people queueing as tanks but trying to tank in DPS spec'. When I queue as Tank I play Tank.

Just ran through another that a frost DK tried tanking and the group died because he couldn't hold aggro. Why is this even allowed? If you queue as tank or healer it should switch you to the role you chose when zoning in and lock it.

If they dont play the role they signed up for, let them die if you need to make a choice.

I got tired of tanks running way ahead..so Id just stick with the pack and if he died because he was out of my range, he died. I'll get there when WE get there.

DPS doing the same crap. Not using any defensives, running out of my range on top of it. Sorry pal..NOT chasing your sorry rump. Had one DPS die TWICE doing the exact same stupid thing. Finally vote kicked the dope.

I do not like it when someone tells me they will do something and then they dont do it. Signing up for DPS means you take on that role. Do it or get out. Same with the tank.
How bad is your healing that you let a group WIPE to HH?
They probably shouldn't be able to but it happens. I could see maybe ret pallies being able to pull it off. There are a lot of tank specs that also do a nice amount of dps (DK, DH, pally etc). Haven't had it happen in this instance, but am not running much (no point after the mount and mog drops). People playing frost on frost lord is still worse.
10/27/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Sinistrë
I’m not waiting out a 19min dps queue on my Havoc DH that I made solely for HH farming (I will actually play it eventually). Sorry not sorry. It’s HH, it flips over dead, it’s a joke, get over it man lol.

I...how are people waiting this long in queue? I don't think you're lying or anything, just that it's really weird that I've not once had a queue longer than 3 or so minutes as DPS.
10/27/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Haunter
10/27/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Sinistrë

I...how are people waiting this long in queue? I don't think you're lying or anything, just that it's really weird that I've not once had a queue longer than 3 or so minutes as DPS.

I think it has something to do with sub 120 characters. I have two other dps at 120 and their queue time is pretty fast. But log on to the 103 DH and it’s about a 20min wait for dps.
10/27/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Chrace

Because at this ILVL and as Ret, I could solo Headless Horseman... My dps alone is enough to hold aggro. If you die to the adds during phase 3, you are just bad at the game. It has been this way since at least Cata. The holiday bosses are a joke. I can basically ret tank heroic dungeons already.
because they just want free kills on alts. most do that if they can swap to heals/tank. this is why having mounts drop from holiday events are ridiculous
it's all holiday dungeons, it's not that hard to heal through the damage.

if I'm in a dedicated healing spec I prefer the person to go dps

and it's not a new thing, I use to always do holiday dungeons on my elemental/feral qued as heals because I put out enough off heals to do it. I still can on my elemental.
You don't tend to see this in actual dungeons because it ends in an assured kick, but you can't do that to people tanking/healing as dps during holiday events because they are so short and there's a few minute grace period before kicks are enabled.

Remove that grace period for holiday events imo
10/27/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Awby
You don't tend to see this in actual dungeons because it ends in an assured kick, but you can't do that to people tanking/healing as dps during holiday events because they are so short and there's a few minute grace period before kicks are enabled.

Remove that grace period for holiday events imo

You must done very many dungeon runs at the end of any expac since the LFD came out. This happens all the time once the gear outpaces the content. I queued once a day as a tank in ret for daily heroics at the end of legion for the currency for legendaries. The rest of the group would have a hard time keeping up.

If this actually caused wide spread issues, like the holiday boss wasn't soloable (which he is), then I might agree with you. As for now, just enjoy the carry.
because blizz stubbornly (and somewhat ridiculously) insists that the holiday bosses need to be traditional 5 man bosses.

they should just make them 5 man scenarios. retune as necessary.