Spoilers - Holy Smokes! Terror of Darkshore Cinematic

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
As if elves would ever go extinct.

ahahahahaha.
11/02/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Midare
I decided to check this thread only after watching the trailer... lo and behold, is not good enough even if they make the nelves look scary.

Its never good enough.

For fel's sake , do you want us to be happy when we know literally nothing comes out of this? the patch is called "tides of vengeance" but what was datamined of the patch we know that this "vengeance" just has absolutely no effect on anything, all this does is create a warfront which we know are repetitive minigames and that's it.

Of course it's not good enough when it's just one cinematic showing a cool moment but we know it's not followed by anything...

It's like saying that a great trailer for a bad movie (think Suicide squad) should be good enough.

11/02/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Katallina
...Really? I don't *Feel* extinct.
The novella states nothing about them being extinct outside of Tyrnade lamenting "How many of her people are still out there?" and something like "Too few" or "Not enough". She thinks. To herself. Right after the evacuation just finished.

Keep in mind, this is the thought process of a woman who was alive at the height of Kaeldorei power. When Night Elves were the dominant species on Azeroth and outnumbered even trolls.
To her, too few can be anywhere from five Night Elves to five million Night Elves.
Besides. Blizzard passively retcons things all the time, so you're not far off there. Night Elves will never go extinct so long as we're all playing WoW. If Blood Elves still somehow have enough bodies to form entire armies after what Arthas did, I'm pretty sure we're good.

That is not put as some logical exploration of the character, lines like that are put as exposition.

"The World Tree was more than a city. It was an entire land, home to countless innocents. How many night elves were elsewhere in Azeroth? Far too few. Now, they were all who remained of their people."

Of course a playable race won't go extinct because players exist. But for all intents and purposes they are a dead race in lore.
For fel's sake , do you want us to be happy when we know literally nothing comes out of this?
At this point I don't care anymore, honestly. Y'all will never be happy, specially when the only thing that could make you happy is if the Horde gets wiped off the face of Azeroth.

Wallow in your self-inflicted misery... imma go make some chili.
So, I know it's a bit dumb, but when that thing went swooping back and forth. I thought it was a nightsaber. Reason being that in the old War of the Ancient novels the nightsabers would attack the invading burning legion.

So when it turned out to be Malfurion I thought that was pretty cool and unexpected!
They hurt a pure and innocent belf, they are awful people.
11/02/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Midare
At this point I don't care anymore, honestly. Y'all will never be happy, specially when the only thing that could make you happy is if the Horde gets wiped off the face of Azeroth.

i main horde. have two horde at max, one alliance.

all i want is consistency and good storytelling.

malfurion and tyrande are demi-gods. the horde has nobody that should be able to fight them and live. malfurion's rage almost consumed two armies, and it actually caused azshara to feel concerned.

now he's 10k years older and so strong in nature that his whole body has altered, yet nathanos is able to get away scott free without dying. tyrande solos a small army of undead and demons pre-night warrior, solos two huge groups of soldiers post-night warrior, can't instantly kill this loser self-insert.

THAT IS BAD WRITING. COMPLETELY BAD.

the horde has nobody that can fight these people, and it's bad writing that they continue to win.

THIS WHOLE STUPID FACTION WAR EXPANSION WAS AN IDIOTIC IDEA, IT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE BAD WRITING.
11/02/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Älexandra
don't get all hyped up over this.

it's cool, but danuser's self-insert still survives fighting two demi-gods and achieves everything he set out to do.

this doesn't fix what was broken.

Neither are demigods. Powerful mortals, yes. If anything, people hyperwanking these two is part of the reason people keep getting disappointed.
11/02/2018 09:16 PMPosted by Älexandra
THIS WHOLE STUPID FACTION WAR EXPANSION WAS AN IDIOTIC IDEA, IT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE BAD WRITING.
Please, think about this for a moment:

You want to know why the writing is so bad and why the Horde is able to still remain despite the fact the Alliance has demigods and godmode character among their ranks?

Because of years of tears about how Alliance characters are weak.

Blizz has built them, and built them and built them.

But oops, Horde still has to exist, we can't have them wipe the Horde, they're a playable faction.

This is the result. Bad writing. Alliance it's OP, and every single time Blizz has to add +10 to the plot armor with every single time they have an Alliance character pull a new power out of their rear and end up doing something incredibly stupid that allows the Horde to exist.

The players that asked for strong leaders are not happy. Horde are not happy. Bad writing reigns supreme.

Everything has consequences, this is it.

Anyway... chili.
I personally loved it.
Hey I know that guy...that's the guy Saurfang was supposed to kill but didn't because "muh honour."

Maybe my-feelings-are-more-important-than-my-people Saurfang can give a speech about his honour at their funerals.
Yet still couldn’t kill Nathanos. Lol
11/02/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Midare
Because of years of tears about how Alliance characters are weak.

Alliance has never complained about characters being weak, if anything raw power has been the main redeeming quality Alliance characters have, since vanilla, and Alliance players have always boasted about.

Alliance players complain that despite having so many tools and powerful characters, the characters never act, just doing literally nothing or choosing to remain neutral.

Horde gets to use their mana bombs, plague, val'kyrs, iron stars, random mechas, and more all the time. Alliance is not even allowed to use gnome tech let alone the Vindicaar.

And even if you say "hurr durr the horde would get wiped so they need plot armor" then you realize it's always the Alliance that takes the heaviest loses over and over so it's simply written as okay for the horde to kill Alliance with all their power but not the other way around. If the plot armor was used to make things balanced instead of heavily favored for the horde then complains wouldn't pile up.

11/02/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Midare

When your argument is going to absurd extremes then of course you don't understand why Alliance players are mad.
lol Malfurion is pvp ganking in a newbie zone :(
Alliance has never complained about characters being weak, if anything raw power has been the main redeeming quality Alliance characters have and Alliance players have always boasted about.
The latest example I can think of:

"WHAT? You're having Tyrande, a priestess of Elune, lose against Nathanos! Why do you like making us look weak!!!"

*Cue Jhon Cena's face* Are you sure about that?

Alliance players complain that despite having so many tools and powerful characters, the characters never act, just doing literally nothing or choosing to remain neutral.
Because Horde can't be wiped even if the Horde could easily be wiped.

Horde gets to use their mana bombs, plague, val'kyrs, iron stars, random mechas, and more all the time. Alliance is not even allowed to use gnome tech let alone the Vindicaar.
And yet they've made sure to limit all of the weapons Horde could have and it's is in no position to wipe the Alliance.

On the other hand, even devs apparently said they had to ignore the Vindicaar because that alone would create a massive gap of power.

Ugh anyway, I'm really hungry, I need to learn to put my priorities in order.
I love it honestly. I am a mostly Horde player (have Alliance toons, including a 2nd main), but I've always loved Night Elves.

The issue I had with the faction war is that the Alliance didn't seem like a compelling enemy. But with Darkshore and Dazar'alor, they finally feel like a worthy and deadly opponent.
11/02/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Sear
lol Malfurion is pvp ganking in a newbie zone :(

He's the only Alliance warmode has been good for!

/ducks
11/02/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Midare

But Alliance can be. First we had Theramore where Horde wiped out an entire city and its people, literally reducing all of it to nothing but magic dust. Then they get to wipe out an entire Alliance playable race and racial city literally burning all of it to nothing but ash.

/smh I tell you what, if Malfurion leads the NE's deep into the heart of Horde territory traps nearly the entire Forsaken race in a city and then kills every last one of them then maybe we'll have something comparable to talk about. Till then you just don't get it.

Actually my guess is you just don't WANT to get it and are just arguing for the sake of arguing, but whatever....
The latest example I can think of:

"WHAT? You're having Tyrande, a priestess of Elune, lose against Nathanos! Why do you like making us look weak!!!"

*Cue Jhon Cena's face* Are you sure about that?

But that's the problem. And once again you don't understand why Alliance players complain. So apparently you make up reasons in your mind.

Alliance aren't complaining that Tyrande is naturally weak. If there was a character for an Alliance race that was weak or semi weak and was defeated logically, no one would care (See Mekkatorque or Genn at Stormheim).

Alliance are complaining because Tyrande has been established as a powerhouse in pretty much all previous lore, then Blizzard had her pathetically trashed by Nathanos (Same dude that Genn destroyed when he got a bit serious). Which now has been somewhat fixed I understand, but that was the problem at the time.

Because once again it's blizzard taking a strong character and making them weak for the plot.

I knew you'd say that, which is why I edited my post above, I'll quote the edit:

And even if you say "hurr durr the horde would get wiped so they need plot armor" then you realize it's always the Alliance that takes the heaviest loses over and over so it's simply written as okay for the horde to kill Alliance with all their power but not the other way around. If the plot armor was used to make things balanced instead of heavily favored for the horde then complains wouldn't pile up.

And yet they've made sure to limit all of the weapons Horde could have and it's is in no position to wipe the Alliance.

On the other hand, even devs apparently said they had to ignore the Vindicaar because that alone would create a massive gap of power.

Have they? because they keep coming up with all these WMD and Horde actually gets to use them. Which has caused

1 Alliance city to be nuked.
1 Alliance city to be completely plagued.
1 Alliance city to burn to ash. (This one didn't even kneed a WMD)

Pretty much exterminating a large amount of Alliance population without any response in kind.

While any powerful resource the Alliance gets is just not used.

Funny how the Vindicaar is too much, but the plague is literally invincible and they don't care.
Looks like them dirt loving elves want another torching.
literally saved wow blizzcon to being somewhat decent.