Spoilers - Holy Smokes! Terror of Darkshore Cinematic

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
11/02/2018 10:34 PMPosted by Rovi

You have to be bonkers to assume the plague wouldnt be involved in the expansion where undead are the big bads anyway.

Oh, so you're admitting the Horde are basically playing nothing but antagonists for the Alliance?

True.
11/02/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Krothare

What's with Horde players and victim blaming anyways

What's with the Alliance and victim claiming?

You're not victims.
Malf was at least sorta cool which is a feat I previously thought to be impossible.
11/02/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Midare
The latest example I can think of:

"WHAT? You're having Tyrande, a priestess of Elune, lose against Nathanos! Why do you like making us look weak!!!"

*Cue Jhon Cena's face* Are you sure about that?

But that's the problem. And once again you don't understand why Alliance players complain. So apparently you make up reasons in your mind.

Alliance aren't complaining that Tyrande is naturally weak. If there was a character for an Alliance race that was weak or semi weak and was defeated logically, no one would care (See Mekkatorque or Genn at Stormheim).

Alliance are complaining because Tyrande has been established as a powerhouse in pretty much all previous lore, then Blizzard had her pathetically trashed by Nathanos (Same dude that Genn destroyed when he got a bit serious). Which now has been somewhat fixed I understand, but that was the problem at the time.

Because once again it's blizzard taking a strong character and making them weak for the plot.

Because Horde can't be wiped even if the Horde could easily be wiped.

I knew you'd say that, which is why I edited my post above, I'll quote the edit:

And even if you say "hurr durr the horde would get wiped so they need plot armor" then you realize it's always the Alliance that takes the heaviest loses over and over so it's simply written as okay for the horde to kill Alliance with all their power but not the other way around. If the plot armor was used to make things balanced instead of heavily favored for the horde then complains wouldn't pile up.

And yet they've made sure to limit all of the weapons Horde could have and it's is in no position to wipe the Alliance.

On the other hand, even devs apparently said they had to ignore the Vindicaar because that alone would create a massive gap of power.

Have they? because they keep coming up with all these WMD and Horde actually gets to use them. Which has caused

1 Alliance city to be nuked.
1 Alliance city to be completely plagued.
1 Alliance city to burn to ash. (This one didn't even kneed a WMD)

Pretty much exterminating a large amount of Alliance population without any response in kind.

While any powerful resource the Alliance gets is just not used.

Funny how the Vindicaar is too much, but the plague is literally invincible and they don't care.

Which ALLIANCE city was plagued? You can't be talking about Lordaeron, it's not a n Alliance city, your people had no claim to it.

The people that lived in Lordaeron in death did so in life as well. Lordaeron rightfully belonged to the Forsaken.
11/02/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Midare
Y'all will never be happy, specially when the only thing that could make you happy is if the Horde gets wiped off the face of Azeroth

Nah.
Personally, I'd be content with about half the Forsaken population along with Nathanos and/or Sylvanas.

11/03/2018 01:23 AMPosted by Shartah

Which ALLIANCE city was plagued? You can't be talking about Lordaeron, it's not a n Alliance city, your people had no claim to it.

The people that lived in Lordaeron in death did so in life as well. Lordaeron rightfully belonged to the Forsaken.

Southshore.
And plaguing Gilneas resulted in them rejoining The Alliance. So. That too, kind of.
11/03/2018 01:23 AMPosted by Shartah

Gilneas. It was just some little outpost, probably never heard of it.
11/02/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Moonfalls
11/02/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Kroggan
was a pure display of Night Elf Badassery

Meh, its irrelevant now. NE's spent the last 14 years being tree hugging punching bags for the Horde. Now that they are a dead race they are getting thrown a bone on their way out in the form of a short cinematic.

Anyone that thinks this will lead to anything but more embarrassing in game events for the NE's that further allow Blizz to piss on their corpse and flip NE fans the bird are just fooling themselves.
So for months you've been complaining about how the Night Elves got thrown under the bus. Then you get this patch full of Night Elf everything, and then you say that it's irrelevant because it's "Too late".

You people just refuse to accept that you're getting what you asked for.
11/03/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Tiridan
Meh, its irrelevant now. NE's spent the last 14 years being tree hugging punching bags for the Horde. Now that they are a dead race they are getting thrown a bone on their way out in the form of a short cinematic.

Anyone that thinks this will lead to anything but more embarrassing in game events for the NE's that further allow Blizz to piss on their corpse and flip NE fans the bird are just fooling themselves.
So for months you've been complaining about how the Night Elves got thrown under the bus. Then you get this patch full of Night Elf everything, and then you say that it's irrelevant because it's "Too late".

What exactly are NE's getting? A short cinematic where Malfurion finally manages to defeat 4 Horde peons? Boy real fist pump moment there...
11/03/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Moonfalls
11/03/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Tiridan

What exactly are NE's getting? A short cinematic where Malfurion finally manages to defeat 4 Horde peons? Boy real fist pump moment there...

After thinking about it some, what exactly are we even asking for? I'm not sure at this point.

What do you do when a playable race has been completely destroyed, their culture eradicated, all of their lands razed and taken over by the enemy, their people wiped out and armies decimated? What is even left to call the NE's a race anymore? The only remnants of their history and people that remain have been given over to the Horde.

Just a few stragglers hanging out in Stormwind Pumpkin field can hardly be called a race anymore. What can the dev's even do to repair that at this point? I'm not sure they can, short of flat out retcon'ing the entire start of BFA. If they even wanted to. They have been systematically wiping out everything NE since the start of Cata. Singling the NE's out for extermination wasn't an accident.

Its a shame the dev's have so little regard for the players that have invested years into this game, its lore and its races. What could the dev's do to even start repairing that? I dunno. I'm not really expecting them to try anyway.
<span class="truncated">...</span>So for months you've been complaining about how the Night Elves got thrown under the bus. Then you get this patch full of Night Elf everything, and then you say that it's irrelevant because it's "Too late".

We're going to now ignore an entire Warfront based around your people. We're also going to forget the entire storyline based around Night Elves attacking and killing loads of Forsaken and then beginning to reclaim Darkshore.

Let's also ignore the mounts and cosmetic options because...

11/03/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Moonfalls
After thinking about it some, what exactly are we even asking for?
It seems you don't even know what you want.

(Also going to add that Malfurion is my second favorite character in the game behind Rastakhan and in front of Genn/Saurfang).
We're going to now ignore an entire Warfront based around your people. We're also going to forget the entire storyline based around Night Elves attacking and killing loads of Forsaken and then beginning to reclaim Darkshore.

The warfronts are fun and all, but it just kind of makes you expect the story will just end and stagnate there. Given the nature of warfronts and the faction setup of the game to begin with.

The new mount is nice, not gonna argue. All around in the game, I -would- prefer less new cats, horses and wolves though. Though that is more personal preference given how many of each there were. Or at least in wolf case, how many they showered the game with in a single small bit of time. (Seriously, WoD, you sucked) The Night Warrior bit is pretty nice, but my sub will run out about 2 weeks before it arrives. Was originally going to hold out till I got that but, eh.

Personally? I want to see Night Elves actually accomplish a goal. Given that this ends in a warfront, it will stagnate.

Nelves are ma boys and girls, but all of WoW they just never... really did anything other than a small quest hub here and there. Most of the time it was just "the druid groups" that happened to include them.
Honestly, what the game needs more of is really showing off the strengths of all races. Night Elves shouldn't be having a standoff, they should be striking from the shadows. Trolls should be hexxing their enemies, not just chucking spears and lightning. Orcs should be hacking enemy vehicles with their brute force, Draenei should be lighting the world afire with light, Tauren should be plowing through groups of enemies with charges, Gnomes should be surrounded with magic infused tech.
That's just me, though. I am glad to see the Nelves finally return to some savagery like they are supposed to be, but it shouldn't have taken their entire city burning down to do so, since the first time the Horde managed to get them so eager for blood was literally chopping down, like, 10 normal trees.
11/03/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Tiridan

The warfront is eternally locked in a stalemate nothing special there. The cosmetic armors look terrible honestly, nothing NE about them. The mounts look good, wonder if they are Alliance only? If not, just one more NE feature being given to the Horde.

And yeah, I don't know exactly what I would want, at least that is remotely possible. What I really want is for the dev's to not have completely destroyed an entire playable race that I enjoy just so they can prop up their emo waifu. That ship has sailed though.

What I really want is for whatever dev hates the NE's so much that they have spent the last 10 years removing, destroying, or giving away everything that made NE's unique to get over themselves and act like a professional game developer that cares about the player's more than their own biases. Ship sailed on that too.

As for what I want that they actually could do? I don't think there is anything. I suppose they could retcon that the entirety of the NE race aside from the Sentinels was in Teldrassil when it burned, make it so only handfuls of city guard and/or civilians remained prior to the burning but I doubt Blizz will do that.

If they still had a race left to be proud of seeing Malfurion finally getting mad after all these years of ignoring the Horde killing his people and defiling his forests might have had some impact. I doubt the Horde is quaking in their boots though over the handfuls of remaining NE's being upset. They are at best a nuisance now, the NE's can never again have a major influence in Warcraft. And if Malfurion and Tyrande get out of hand they can always just have Nathanos put them in their place again.

The dev's completely disregarded how the BFA story would impact their players and what genociding an entire playable race would really mean. They have treated the NE's and the Alliance at large really as nothing more than disposable set pieces in a Horde story. Not that this is anything new, just dialed up to 11 in BFA.

So I dunno, how do you walk that back in any meaningful way? I don't have the answer, feel free to share if you do.
Malfurion, to use a word I hate - is basically a beta male. No one reading this thread SERIOUSLY believes this Malfurion is the same Malfurion who cried, whined and got tricked by Xaxius and pouted for his missing Tyrande.

This cinematic exists purely in fantasy land within fantasy land in order to make people feel better about picking Alliance now that they're getting their rear handed to them and the war is lost for them. And if you wanna @ me and say the Alliance isn't losing the war - lemme know when you heard of a winning side conscripting kids and farmers and old people to fight their war and still won it. I'll wait.
11/02/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Katallina

We're hardly a dead race.
I think you grossly underestimate how many Night Elves are scattered across Azeroth at any given time.

This is true.

There are, in fact, thousands of us left.

Most of us are just neutral NPCs who are happily helping those who slaughter their families and friends. Like the entire Cenarion Circle.

Also, to those who think it looks good: Go play it on the PTS and realize that this cinematic is nothing but complete lies. Nathanos smacks the two of them around effortlessly, actually manages to mind control Tyrande, rezzes two of our heroes who immediately swear fealty to the guy who just killed them, and then strolls away without a scratch on him.
Knowing what happens next, that was a solid meh
11/03/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Sarcasmic
believes this Malfurion is the same Malfurion who cried, whined and got tricked by Xaxius and pouted for his missing Tyrande.

Probably because it literally isn't... the Malf at va'sharah was an illusion by Xavius.
He was pretty chill at the dungeon.

Oh god a warfront! the best content ever! how not be happy about that?

Dude we all know warfronts are meaningless mini games that get nowhere. Nowhere gameplay wise and nowhere story wise. That storyline you mention, ends in the warfront, so meaningless as well.

Cosmetic options only mean so much when the race has been pretty much ruined. What's the point of new pretty eyes when they are shown to be a joke in the story?
11/02/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Kroggan
Spoilers ahead if you didn't watch yet.

Can it really be a spoiler if it is an Advertisement?
11/03/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Averyx
11/03/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Sarcasmic
believes this Malfurion is the same Malfurion who cried, whined and got tricked by Xaxius and pouted for his missing Tyrande.

Probably because it literally isn't... the Malf at va'sharah was an illusion by Xavius.
He was pretty chill at the dungeon.

Oh god a warfront! the best content ever! how not be happy about that?

Dude we all know warfronts are meaningless mini games that get nowhere. Nowhere gameplay wise and nowhere story wise. That storyline you mention, ends in the warfront, so meaningless as well.

Cosmetic options only mean so much when the race has been pretty much ruined. What's the point of new pretty eyes when they are shown to be a joke in the story?

The Warfront does get somewhere, though.

It turns what is basically the last Night Elf only zone in the game into a mixed zone for both sides.
11/03/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Tyriellais
The Warfront does get somewhere, though.

It turns what is basically the last Night Elf only zone in the game into a mixed zone for both sides.

Darkshore? that's a horde zone currently.
11/02/2018 10:34 PMPosted by Liari
I totally loved it! Go Malfurion! Go Tyrande!

Power.

Precise and swift.

Oh yes!

Hopefully one of them gets killed off this expansion no reason to have two faction leaders for the same race that are overpowered.