Spoilers - Holy Smokes! Terror of Darkshore Cinematic

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
11/03/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Burigosa
11/02/2018 10:34 PMPosted by Liari
I totally loved it! Go Malfurion! Go Tyrande!

Power.

Precise and swift.

Oh yes!

Hopefully one of them gets killed off this expansion no reason to have two faction leaders for the same race that are overpowered.

And yet the Foresaken have Sylvanas and Nathanos. And in this quest, Nathanos effortlessly fights off both Tyrande (WITH her power boost) and Malfurion.

So you’re saying that at least one Foresaken leader needs to go now.

Works for me.
People underestimate how important Sylvanas's Vrykul witches are.

Tyrande taking one out is a loss to Nathanos, the guy is even upset and makes it obvious.

Yes the fight could have been displayed better, but it's actually quite frustrating seeing how upset some people are over this whole thing.

Freaking relax. The Cinematic was really cool.
11/03/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix

Tyrande taking one out is a loss to Nathanos, the guy is even upset and makes it obvious.

Yes the fight could have been displayed better, but it's actually quite frustrating seeing how upset some people are over this whole thing.

Yes, he sounds SOOOO upset in his unbreaking monotone as he turns and RP walks away from the fight, not even bothering to act scared.

And that Valkyr was worthless. It literally didn’t even have a name until this scene.

Plus, from what I can tell, the Alliance have never actually been shown how important (or powerful) they are.

Let alone how they can compete with the entity that spawned the Naaru, held off the entire might of the Legion, and rearranged the cosmos when Ysera died.

Or did you miss the things in the game attributed to Elune?
11/02/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Moonfalls
11/02/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Kroggan
was a pure display of Night Elf Badassery

Meh, its irrelevant now. NE's spent the last 14 years being tree hugging punching bags for the Horde. Now that they are a dead race they are getting thrown a bone on their way out in the form of a short cinematic.

Anyone that thinks this will lead to anything but more embarrassing in game events for the NE's that further allow Blizz to piss on their corpse and flip NE fans the bird are just fooling themselves.
Omg literally what a baby lol
11/03/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Tyriellais
11/03/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Burigosa

Hopefully one of them gets killed off this expansion no reason to have two faction leaders for the same race that are overpowered.

And yet the Foresaken have Sylvanas and Nathanos. And in this quest, Nathanos effortlessly fights off both Tyrande (WITH her power boost) and Malfurion.

So you’re saying that at least one Foresaken leader needs to go now.

Works for me.

Oh? Last I check Nathanos is just an undead human please show me where he’s stated being as powerful as either of them.

Also if I remember correctly which I may not didn’t slyvanas only beat malfurion due to Saurfang hitting him from behind.

Yeah no reason alliance should have blaintly overpowered leaders but then again you guys won’t be happy till horde has all new leaders and thrall is dead.
11/03/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Tyriellais

Yes, he sounds SOOOO upset in his unbreaking monotone as he turns and RP walks away from the fight, not even bothering to act scared.

And that Valkyr was worthless. It literally didn’t even have a name until this scene.

Plus, from what I can tell, the Alliance have never actually been shown how important (or powerful) they are.

Let alone how they can compete with the entity that spawned the Naaru, held off the entire might of the Legion, and rearranged the cosmos when Ysera died.

Or did you miss the things in the game attributed to Elune?

If you think one of Sylvansas's chance of remaining immortal was worthless I'm not sure what else to tell ya.
I think it would've been better if NEs were written that way ever since WoW went live, and of course I don't think it's enough given how often NEs were punching bags, but! I really dug the cinematic.

I was so worried they'd just keep Tyrande and Malfurion fridged in the Stormwind war room for all of BFA after I did the Darkshore prepatch on my Alliance characters. It's good they're finally doing something. How they were written in the books and what they did in game has such a massive disconnect, it's a step in the right direction.

NEs are my second favorite race after trolls. I hope they do more instead of the usual Alliance 'we're just following the humans cuz reasons'.
11/03/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Averyx
11/03/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Sarcasmic
believes this Malfurion is the same Malfurion who cried, whined and got tricked by Xaxius and pouted for his missing Tyrande.

Probably because it literally isn't... the Malf at va'sharah was an illusion by Xavius.
He was pretty chill at the dungeon.

11/03/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Tiridan
We're going to now ignore an entire Warfront based around your people. We're also going to forget the entire storyline based around Night Elves attacking and killing loads of Forsaken and then beginning to reclaim Darkshore.

Let's also ignore the mounts and cosmetic options because...

Oh god a warfront! the best content ever! how not be happy about that?

Dude we all know warfronts are meaningless mini games that get nowhere. Nowhere gameplay wise and nowhere story wise. That storyline you mention, ends in the warfront, so meaningless as well.

Cosmetic options only mean so much when the race has been pretty much ruined. What's the point of new pretty eyes when they are shown to be a joke in the story?
Ok well I have another question for ya’ll.

Are we also going to throw out the race that has been in ruins long before they were introduced? That being the Blood Elves. Because their capital is in ruins, most of their people are dead, and yet I don’t hear much complaining.

They got Golden Eyes and Heritage Armor. And you guys will soon get Eclipse Eyes and a plethora of new Night Elf themed armor, mounts, and whatnot. I just don’t understand why there’s so much complaining.

You lost your capital, and that’s really it. Not much else has really harmed the Night Elves. They’re getting a ton of attention as opposed to say, the Tauren in this expansion.

You guys are getting a ton of things to make up for the loss of your capital, yet you refuse to accept the gifts.

I’d love to have some development for the Nightborne or Mag’har Orcs this expansion. But all we’re seeing is them being used as canon fodder for Sylvanas.
YAY!

The revenge of the Night Elves has begun!
it's always amazing to me how alliance find a way to crap on good things that happened to them.
11/03/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Yasudra
it's always amazing to me how alliance find a way to crap on good things that happened to them.

It's not even the Alliance as a whole.

Just a small, vocal minority who's completely ruined their entire enjoyment in this game simply by feeding off some idiot's venomous idea that the grass is always greener.

It's absolutely infuriating how far the poison has crept, there is no fixing it unless the Horde gets completely !@#$ on and even then they will still complain because Blizzard didn't decide to burn the %^-* to add insult to injury.

Alliance have had such a awesome experience this expansion, and seeing how ungrateful these so called players are sickens me.
11/03/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix

Just a small, vocal minority who's completely ruined their entire enjoyment in this game simply by feeding off some idiot's venomous idea that the grass is always greener.

It's absolutely infuriating how far the poison has crept, there is no fixing it unless the Horde gets completely !@#$ on and even then they will still complain because Blizzard didn't decide to burn the %^-* to add insult to injury.

Alliance have had such a awesome experience this expansion, and seeing how ungrateful these so called players are sickens me.

A very small minority! I'm thrilled! The night Elves have not gotten one fair deal in the lore for years. We've been portrayed as nothing more than bunny hopping punching bags. Tyrande Whisperwind's transformation is the new face of the Night Elves, something we should have had from the start.
11/03/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Alindriae

A very small minority! I'm thrilled! The night Elves have not gotten one fair deal in the lore for years. We've been portrayed as nothing more than bunny hopping punching bags. Tyrande Whisperwind's transformation is the new face of the Night Elves, something we should have had from the start.

Pleeeease, we saw the WC3 Tyrande in Legion when she rightfully questioned the Nightborne and everyone got upset because she said "mean things".

The cinematic changes nothing though. Tyrande still gets mcd, Nathan's still completes his objectives despite fighting 2 basically demigods and the host of undead nightelves are completely fine with being raised again by the very abominations that slaughtered their people and destroyed their home. Get off your high horse
I think it was awesome, I like it more than the Saurfang one.

B-but they killed that cute BE pally :(

I honestly enjoy reading you, its nice to see that not everyone here is making a sh*** show about everything.
11/03/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Tiridan
Ok well I have another question for ya’ll.

Are we also going to throw out the race that has been in ruins long before they were introduced? That being the Blood Elves. Because their capital is in ruins, most of their people are dead, and yet I don’t hear much complaining.

They got Golden Eyes and Heritage Armor. And you guys will soon get Eclipse Eyes and a plethora of new Night Elf themed armor, mounts, and whatnot. I just don’t understand why there’s so much complaining.

You lost your capital, and that’s really it. Not much else has really harmed the Night Elves. They’re getting a ton of attention as opposed to say, the Tauren in this expansion.

You guys are getting a ton of things to make up for the loss of your capital, yet you refuse to accept the gifts.

I’d love to have some development for the Nightborne or Mag’har Orcs this expansion. But all we’re seeing is them being used as canon fodder for Sylvanas.

What are you talking about, both Alliance and Horde have been CONSTANTLY complaining that Blood Elves, Tauren, Gnomes, and to a lesser extent Goblins and Darkspear Trolls have gotten nothing story-wise over the years.
There were multiple capped threads on the whole "it's only orcs and humans again" throughout the years.

I can honestly say I haven't seen many Mag'har yet, but they did at least have WoD, even if they weren't on your side yet. Nightborne have had some love this xpac, but nowhere near as much as Dark Iron and Void Elves have, I can give you that. Though Void and Dark are already on par in the launch patch that Nelves, Belves, Gnomes and Tauren have ever had.

11/03/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix
If you think one of Sylvansas's chance of remaining immortal was worthless I'm not sure what else to tell ya.

Because it is worthless.

Sylvanas needs 3 Val'kyrs to resurrect again.

She had 4. One died she has 3 , nothing changed.

The Val'kyr is a powerful entity who helps the Horde sure, but with the main antagonist being Nathanos and just nothing happening it's hard to get exciting about something that has no effect.
11/03/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Averyx

11/03/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix

Because it is worthless.

Sylvanas needs 3 Val'kyrs to resurrect again.

She had 4. One died she has 3 , nothing changed.

The Val'kyr is a powerful entity who helps the Horde sure, but with the main antagonist being Nathanos and just nothing happening it's hard to get exciting about something that has no effect.

You realize she's 25% closer to not being immortal right? You really think she's not going to take that lightly?
11/03/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Tentaclatrix
You realize she's 25% closer to not being immortal right? You really think she's not going to take that lightly?

Again, she doesn't need one Val'kyr to resurrect, she needs three so her probability hasn't changed.

She had one to spare and that one died.

Which of course, is good, I agree but it's a pretty small wound in context.