WoW Classic panel looking good

Classic Discussion
If you aren't watching this you're wrong, If you're not watching this, I feel sorry for you son, you have 99 problems but Classic WoW ain't one
They aren't answering anything of significance right now...like for instance....SHARDING.
11/03/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Clioneds
They aren't answering anything of significance right now...like for instance....SHARDING.
Lore answered that in these forums.
A lot of what they're saying is reassuring, but yeah sharding needs to be addressed.
Ion is !@#$ing speaking the truth of the purists omg hes back boys
11/03/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Johnnyderp

If you read , they are answering buddy. Here's a blue

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769548630#post-15
11/03/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Smork
If you aren't watching this you're wrong, If you're not watching this, I feel sorry for you son, you have 99 problems but Classic WoW ain't one
rap is a bad genre of music

The lead being Ion and or having no real lead is already a problem. You must be watching a different stream. I want someone that has Vanilla's best interest at heart, not their own version of WoW as well.
people are cheering at stuff we already knew wasn't in classic, just goes to show how many people are so out of touch.
11/03/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Sangheili
rap is a bad genre of music
Disregarding genre 99 problems is still a great song.
Hmmm restoring 16 buff limit not 8....
OH NO ITS GETTING WORSE, LOOT TRADING IS IN....
Looks like a shi* show to me. Good portion of time ate up on crap.
loot sharing fundamentally changes the experience. This is horrible change

How are you guys not seeing Lore's response to this? How much time do you spend asking for blues, and then when a blue finally says something significant, you don't even read it?
loot trading is a non-issue
11/03/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Orgrm
loot sharing fundamentally changes the experience. This is horrible change
Oh ffs. That's is actually not a bad thing.

Like if you DC during a boss fight and couldnt get the loot. There was nothing you could do. Someone that didnt need the loot would get it and couldnt give it to you.

Or if the wrong person was given loot accidentally in a raid there was nothing you could do.
11/03/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Johnnyderp

I for one don't want sharding.

But I think there will be a unique problem of a LOT of players flooding the servers initially to "Try it out", and then quitting soonafter.

Would I scream bloody murder if they used same-server sharding (not the same as crz) during levels 1-5 or for the first few days? No.

The alternative would be monitoring realm/faction populations and offering Free Realm Transfers on a per-faction/per-realm basis in order to maintain equilibrium after the initial rush.

We'll see how they tackle this potential problem.

Otherwise the classic panel looked great. Very minimal changes and it should be true to spirit.
Very good: staged progressive content (including 0.5 upgrade quests).

Minor issues: Dire Maul at launch, no 8 debuff limit before BWL.

Not addressed: sharding.
Dire Maul definitely needs to release on its own between Stage 1 and Stage 2. Otherwise, without 8 debuff slots, MC and Ony are going to be trivialized even further.