Someone clarify the PVP note

Classic Discussion
Someone clarify the pvp line. Does this mean no honor system, no honor gear, and no bgs until BWL release?
Yep, just like Vanilla’s original rollout.
so you wait 1 month for bg's?
11/03/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Neckbéar
It will be much longer than that.
11/03/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Classicsoon
It will be much longer than that.

that means world pvp will be real if the server is balanced
Southshore vs Tarren Mill, round 2!

As much as I enjoyed the PvP Honor system, I was always a lil' bummed out that it killed those epic faction battles since PvPers started spamming battlegrounds instead. Good to hear I'll get a chance to experience it once more!
11/03/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Cerrberus
Southshore vs Tarren Mill, round 2!

As much as I enjoyed the PvP Honor system, I was always a lil' bummed out that it killed those epic faction battles since PvPers started spamming battlegrounds instead. Good to hear I'll get a chance to experience it once more!

Are there civilians in either town?
THIS IS THE BEST CHANGE EVER. no honor in the beginning
It sounds to me like it will be nerfed 1.12 AV.

R.I.P. AV
11/03/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Neckbéar
11/03/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Classicsoon
... It will be much longer than that.

Not if Sharding is there though...
Wpvp baby woot woot
11/03/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Grandyman
11/03/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Neckbéar
Not if Sharding is there though...

They confirmed phasing and cross realm zones (inviting people across servers) will not be in the game. There are private interviews online that confirms it and plus they also said a little bit about this on the panel. Sharding will also only affect the starting leveling zone to help people kill mobs and not impact the game by competing with 1000 people for a mob. I guarantee you, sharding wont change anything in the game, because nothing will ever be phased.

prlly about 8 months. More than likely I'll wait till it's about that patch time then buy it.
Blizzard is giving us wpvp and then destroying it with sharding. I'm convinced they're intentionally trying to destroy the vanilla experience.
11/03/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Ssaya

I honestly don't remember. I'd never go deep inside the town. Usually once the guards started getting involved, it was game over for the attackers and they'd retreat back to their respective town. I didn't play on a large pop server back then, so I'm not sure if the PvP experience would be different there.
the honor system was added in 1.4, BWL was 1.6
11/03/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Cerrberus
11/03/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Ssaya

I honestly don't remember. I'd never go deep inside the town. Usually once the guards started getting involved, it was game over for the attackers and they'd retreat back to their respective town. I didn't play on a large pop server back then, so I'm not sure if the PvP experience would be different there.

That's still too big a risk for PvPers if someone goes in and kills one.

brm/searing gorge/steppes are going to be an absolute warzone. Can't wait.
11/03/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Wyldleaf
Blizzard is giving us wpvp and then destroying it with sharding. I'm convinced they're intentionally trying to destroy the vanilla experience.

there isnt any sharding confirmed lol
11/03/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Ssaya
That's still too big a risk for PvPers if someone goes in and kills one.

No. Just don't join the ad hoc groups that form up. You can pvp fine with the entire group, you just won't share hks or dks.
Hopefully we get 1.5 or 1.6 AV my dudes