Switching from Mage to Shaman

Shaman
when you get owned by every class you will go back to your mage....gl.
11/12/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Zantmage
11/09/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Lolahha
Why would you switch to a much worse class?

I personally don't think it's much worse. I believe this is just something that's been perpetuated by the community.

[/quote]

Its perpetrated for good reason. To be honest, play the class you enjoy the most and don't let others tell you otherwise as its your time.

I main a mage and swapped to play elemental/restoration this expansion and was going to dabble in enhancement for flavour.

Swapping specs is a pain when gearing up. Elemental/restoration share weapons but not trinkets.

All three mage specs have a different feel to it and synergy. The spells work together and play off one another. Elemental shaman doesn't have this synergy.

It's a builder spender style of play where some abilities react with others and outside of those windows the spec can feel boring and not exciting. Some of the restrictions that can be frustrating are AoE below 60 maelstrom and without stormkeeper, flame shock cooldown restricting priority damage and target switching and no spell effect on earth shock. To get a good summary of the issues in full go visit http://stormearthandlava.com/blog/2018/07/06/open-letter.html

There's more movement than ever in this expansion as dungeon and raid encounters are complex. Elemental Shaman is a turret style of DPS with limited mobile options.

Needless to say. I'm back on my mage. Thankfully I leveled a horde toon as I at least get to see the Alliance side as I don't like playing alts and replaying the game.
11/05/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Alyuzandro
We’re fun but not the best performing at the moment.
I’ve been maining Shaman since Vanilla for a reason.

Same. Aaaanny day now. Gonna be strong. Just waiting. Any day now.