Alliance Saurfang Scenario

Story Forum
11/08/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Baultenn
Alliance inner conflict incoming?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

"Oh wait you're serious? LET ME LAUGH EVEN HARDER!"

11/08/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Saiphas
Hence why she is now the one to put the brakes on pressing the attack after the Dazar'alor raid.

IE: Losing her spine and ruining the moment for the Alliance who are finally getting payback for all the times the Horde screwed them over time and again. I think people really need to stop being morally stupid and no they're not playing a game of comparison. It's survival or death; and if the Horde are going to keep fighitng with dirty tactics. Its time to put them down like we did with Arthas, Illidan, and many more threats who followed the same.

Give the Alliance true spines and let them push the attack, or have characters that tell Goodie two-shoe Anduin and Jaina to piss off and kill more Horde.
Give the Alliance true spines and let them push the attack, or have characters that tell Goodie two-shoe Anduin and Jaina to piss off and kill more Horde.

I like you. Blue team needs people like this guy. War Mode is lonely.
11/08/2018 11:38 PMPosted by Yersynia

I like you. Blue team needs people like this guy. War Mode is lonely.

War mode is only lonely until you get a bounty and harass some people at a world quest.

Then every Rogue the Alliance has shows up at the same time.
I am curious who this horde hero telling the alliance about Saurfang would be. Zappyboi maybe? Why are they actively working for the alliance here though, and why do they need a horde hero to tell them someone broke out of their jail?
11/09/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Verlius
I am curious who this horde hero telling the alliance about Saurfang would be. Zappyboi maybe?

Lol making zappyboi work with the alliance.. oh boy that will enrage a lot of people.

but since blizzard loves trigerring people in bfa, i can totally see them doing it.
11/08/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Baultenn

“The Alliance will learn of Saurfang's escape from a Horde hero in their midst and try to understand how a prisoner escaped from under their nose.”

Me, about 2.5 seconds after I find out what happened, if I had any agency in the narrative:
"High Priestess! Shan'do! You'll never guess what the Human brat has done..."
1k gold on Baine.
Wait... did i just had a deja vu? is this interview new?

"a story involves invoking emotional highs and lows and there are some things that are deliberately meant to be a little bit frustrating - a little bit upsetting to some.”
is good to know that their intention is clearly triggering people.

"Goes on to reference Game of Thrones, regarding emotional response and people saying “I’m never watching this again” after certain episodes - that emotional response is something they look for, but they have to balance highs and lows."

Again, i heard this before from one of their pre-bfa interviews.
they seem to follow this philosophy of using game of thrones as example (a show what is know for their characters deaths despite the we barely see any of that so far)
i mean, right now they really have a lot of catch-up to do with the lows, especially in some aspects of the story.

Now i am really,really curious about this saurfang plotline, they give us a cinematic where they show that anduin released him, there is really need to make my character act like he don't know what is going on? this tells me that this escape will bring more conflict in the alliance, or at least i hope so.
because otherwise it would be the robo-cat moment, oh boi.

11/08/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Zabriel
Why is the Alliance so willing to take help from the enemy, I mean even if Genn himself offers to kill Saurfang for us, I'll say no while trying to put my sword thru his face.

because we are forced to do it i really wanted to kill voljin back then, even if i respect him.. as an enemy, but an enemy is and enemy.
11/09/2018 01:23 AMPosted by Arlifrex
1k gold on Baine.

That was my first thought but there are Forsaken who have more spine than he does so I'm not so sure. Not too many other candidates who would turn informant to the Alliance though.
11/09/2018 01:23 AMPosted by Arlifrex
1k gold on Baine.

If Baine even knows what happened, why would he tell the Alliance Anduin helped Saurfang? That doesn't seem like something Anduin wanted people to know if he didn't tell the other Alliance leaders what he was up to beforehand or that he had done it after the fact.
If Baine even knows what happened, why would he tell the Alliance Anduin helped Saurfang? That's doesn't seem like something Anduin wanted people to know if he didn't tell the other Alliance leaders what he was up to beforehand or that he had done it after the fact.

Hmm that is true.
What about... Thrall? he is still more or less respected between the alliance, what if the alliance player finds him by mistake? and even if the alliance players try to kill him he will be like "what are you doing? i am not going to kill you" and stuns you or something like that.
let's say that he tries some form of diplomacy.

So my headcanon would be like this
Saurfang escapes, after his confrontation with the dark rangers, he goes to nagrand and finds thrall
the alliance players tracking down saurfang find thrall.
While true,this would suck a little for horde players because the alliance would interact with him before. but at least it would not be a robo-cat.
and is thrall the one who say to you what happened with saurfang.

Then, the alliance player is presented with a choice, tell anduin about him finding thrall,or find tyrande and tell her what anduin has done. or chose to not believe in thrall's "lies" and the player don't choose sides or he will wait before starting with the accusations.

otherwise why any horde character would try to work with the alliance? zekhan?
11/09/2018 02:12 AMPosted by Etheldald
Then, the alliance player is presented with a choice, tell anduin about him finding thrall,or find tyrande and tell her what anduin has done. or chose to not believe in thrall's "lies" and the player don't choose sides or he will wait before starting with the accusations.

That'd be too easy a choice. Tyrande for High King.
I have to agree this could be an interesting place to add choice for the Alliance PC as well on whether or not after your investigation you rat out Anduin to Tyrande or keep this secret that he orchestrated Surfang's escape.

For Night Elves this is pretty much as big as Forsaken arguing over being forced to betray their Dark Lady, considering Surfang was very much a key player in the War of Thorns, even if he was opposed to burning the tree.
With the current writing team? A Horde hero?

Calia Menethil

Perhaps we are supposed to know instinctually that by virtue of being "a sort of Undead", Calia counts as Forsaken, and thus Horde.

Sort of like Valeera counts as a Blood Elf and as Horde at the end of Legion, but chills in Stormwind Keep with the Wrynns.
11/09/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Cursewords
Valeera counts as a Blood Elf and as Horde at the end of Legion, but chills in Stormwind Keep with the Wrynns.
she doesn't just chill in stormwind keep, she is the wyrnn family's personal spy
11/09/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Verlius
I am curious who this horde hero telling the alliance about Saurfang would be. Zappyboi maybe? Why are they actively working for the alliance here though, and why do they need a horde hero to tell them someone broke out of their jail?

Zappyboi. Baine. Could also be Lillian Voss or Garona, if they're double agents.
11/09/2018 06:38 AMPosted by Pellex
Zappyboi. Baine. Could also be Lillian Voss or Garona, if they're double agents.

regardless of what horde hero is.. can still have that title if said character works with the alliance?, especially in the war between the factions?

i can see being voss or garona since they are supposed to be part of the uncrowned..
11/09/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Etheldald
regardless of what horde hero is.. can still have that title if said character works with the alliance?, especially in the war between the factions?

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. We'll have to revisit this question once we find out who it actually is.
Hey Tyrande, you know that guy who put an axe in Malfurion's back? Well, Anduin decided he was a cool guy and let him out to do whatev's.
11/08/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Rordren
I can only hope that the Alliance discovering Saurfang's escape leads to internal conflict. The night elves in particular should perceive the act of releasing Saurfang as a great betrayal, should they discover Anduin's involvement.

The High King does not wield unilateral authority within the Alliance. Saurfang was not merely a soldier, but the High Overlord of Orgrimmar. He orchestrated the entire invasion of Ashenvale and Darkshore. For Anduin, without any discussion with or consideration for his allies, to simply release such an important prisoner of war is outrageous.

There should have always been a stark divide in culture and attitude between the night elves and the Alliance of the Eastern Kingdoms. I want incidents like this to make that all the more evident and to instill a palpable schism of trust.

Not just between the Night Elves and the Eastern Kingdoms, either. Anduin releasing the guy who planned and executed the War of the Thorns (which consisted of wiping out the entire Night Elf presence in all of Ashenvale, let alone the complete death and destruction that was waged from one end of Darkshore to the other) should be outrageous to the dwarves and Gilneans, too.

I'm glad other people are saying this because it was all I could think about when Lost Honor came out. The fact that the cinematic played it as a moment we should be cheering for was even more appalling.