Devs confirmed Sylvanas is their Waifu

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 13 Next
11/11/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Grumbles
11/11/2018 05:34 AMPosted by Starlagosa

Amusing.

It's like you think Sylvanas has a mind of her own.

The writers wrote her story....she's a fictional character created BY the writers.

You are correct, however - given the rather uncomfortably creepy self insert by a dev - I'm not sure everyone at Blizz HQ understands she's fictional.

Cookie? Coffeecake?
Do you have sugar cookies (with forsting?) or Spider doughnuts?

And yes.... Ooo boy just all most creepy just the time I was told that some one who did Powerpuff girls put him self in and try to date one them.....

Please.... don't put your OC in Cannon story It will come of werid for thoses who are fan and just find it.... wrong

Look I get it with the RP hell I like to keep my "Head cannon" stright and try to fix it if some thing iffy but oooo mean OC old god? Can't stand that with horrble VA that come close level of Drahga Shadowburner of cringe

Just have it State "Oh he could be powerful as old god, but much weaker to his counter parts, Like G'huun can't hold Yogg-saron Clutches of Yogg-Saron limbs

Other then that yeah Nathanos Blightcaller Just oc as well G'huun and Talanji

When we all ready have put in Lore char like Zul and Rastakhan

But I not writing this game am I sadly not but ah well.
11/09/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Luciell
Guess when you're the devs waifu you can do more evil than literally every villain out there and you just get saved anyway.

I guess it also seems to mean that the character can survive tropey crap writing and presentation
11/11/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Grumbles
11/11/2018 05:34 AMPosted by Starlagosa

Amusing.

It's like you think Sylvanas has a mind of her own.

The writers wrote her story....she's a fictional character created BY the writers.

You are correct, however - given the rather uncomfortably creepy self insert by a dev - I'm not sure everyone at Blizz HQ understands she's fictional.

Cookie? Coffeecake?

The 'self insert' was taken out of context, really wish people would stop spreading that fake news.

It's clear the writers have more common sense and reasonableness than a few of the people who play this game and seem more confused about reality.
11/11/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Starlagosa
The 'self insert' was taken out of context, really wish people would stop spreading that fake news.

It's clear the writers have more common sense and reasonableness than a few of the people who play this game and seem more confused about reality.

Suuuuuuure it was.

Who are we going to believe?

You or our lying eyes?

It's not like someone made the writer post all that creepy stuff...for an undead fictional character.
Bad writing confirmed: news at 11.
11/09/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Barbarella
I find it hilarious that in spite of all this, it's the alliance waifu who ends up getting raided. By both sides even :)

I wouldn't mind raiding Jaina on both sides.
11/11/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Wanobi
11/09/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Dalsham
Ya'll keep talking about evil with apparently no real understanding of evil, or medieval warfare, or honor. It's quite amusing to watch.

That's funny, because generally the wholesale slaughter and burning an entire city full of non combatant men, women, and children alive would be considered unacceptable by the standards of the time.

Still practiced by some, but not considered acceptable by any stretch of the imagination.

11/09/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Vynlordros
Except the Alliance are the bad guys as far as actual Horde players are concerned, piking the heads of murderers isn't evil, its justice.

You've got that backwards, considering you guys are party to genocide.

Again, nice to see the devs whitewashing genocide and those who commit it.

Love to hear their thoughts on some real world genocides and those who carried them out some time. I wonder if they think any of those were "morally grey" as well...

11/09/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Akston

Yeah! Its not like half of what we do in WoW can't be considered a crime already!

If I had a dime for very time some stranger I never met before, offered me money to go kill someone IRL. I'd be just rich. Those atrocities are ok though.

Its only certain atrocities and crimes we care about. Specifically ones we can use in a biased way to fit a narrative.

Yep, "biased"

...because the lich queen didn't actually order a genocide that included nearly all innocent non combatant men, women, and children to be burned alive. AND actually wanting justice for that is suddenly about a "narrative." Most sane people want justice, not genocidal nutcases running free to wipe out more people groups.

I mean, to call that anything but evil is the real "bias," and speaks volumes about the moral character of those who refuse to condemn it, or worse, celebrate it.

11/10/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Älexandra
she won't be a raid boss, but could be a quest boss like garrosh was. that would be the coolest thing imo.

Now that, would be the most fitting end for all her mechanations. That she dies in an inglorious death, and has no one notice or care as she is literally dragged down to wow's version of hell to be roomie with arthas.

I never defended her or justified her actions.

All I said is 100% of all player characters (outside of doubleagent) have committed heinous crimes. Every one of us goes around killing any person for no other reason than some stranger paid us to. We are Azeroth's most easily hired hitman.

Yet a portion of the playerbase only wants to focus on Sylvanas' crimes and give her justice. I call that hypocritical.

11/11/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Wanobi
11/11/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Starlagosa

Suuuuuuure it was.

Who are we going to believe?

You or our lying eyes?

It's not like someone made the writer post all that creepy stuff...for an undead fictional character.

That stuff wasn't creepy. People's obsession with it..yes. That is creepy.
11/09/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Romanna
Anyone who seriously thought Sylavanas was ever going anywhere hasn't been paying attention. She is WoWs cover girl, and figures heavily in nearly every advertising campaign.

Getting rid of Sylvanas would be like Disney giving up The Mouse.

Anyone who is past third grade figured this out months ago.

yeah I like her. The alliance hit squad out in full force. You know dev they always trying to please those guys. She red as dead.
11/09/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Tilra
11/09/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Zimos
And killing Rastakhan cemented Zandalari membership into Horde.

weren't they all ready going to join the horde anyways regardless if he was alive or dead?

We'll never know now that he dies.

Also Calling it, Lightforged (Or something similar.) Sylvanas.
11/09/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Lorash
Huzzah! This pleases me.

Me too. I'm not looking for another SoO.
Shes probably going to be the main tool to defeat the Old Gods, much like Illidan was used as the main tool to defeat the Burning Legion.

Something about undead countering old gods powers
11/10/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Withpuppys
11/10/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Tiridan
My prediction is that she’ll get exiled just like Gul’dan in the Warcraft Movie.
hold the phone, was he exiled in that movie? its been a while but i thought he crushed the rebellion against him
He did. He won the ritual combat, but did so through magic when he realized the window for completing his plans was closing. Doomhammer calls him on this and starts a rebellion, but this is cut short when Gul'dan casually vaporizes the two nearest orcs and demands everyone else gets back to work, which they do.

By the end of the film, he's still in charge, partially due to letting Lothar go rather than murdering him like he was about to.
I never defended her or justified her actions.

Then explain:

Ya'll keep talking about evil with apparently no real understanding of evil, or medieval warfare, or honor. It's quite amusing to watch.

Because that sure sounds like a justification based on faulty understanding of historical morals.

All I said is 100% of all player characters (outside of doubleagent) have committed heinous crimes. Every one of us goes around killing any person for no other reason than some stranger paid us to. We are Azeroth's most easily hired hitman.

A claim bandied about without any real support or evidence. No quest on Alliance side I did ever involved killing innocents. Being a sellsword doesn't make you evil (who your targets are does), it was a legitimate practice even in our time up to this day in places where there are no laws, or the law is corrupt.

Yet a portion of the playerbase only wants to focus on Sylvanas' crimes and give her justice. I call that hypocritical.

If never breaking the law was a prerequisite for being able to sit on a jury or call for justice...only children and infants could sit on juries, be judges, or lawyers in a justice system. (joke about justice system goes here :P)

That kind of logic failed in MoP: garrosh was guilty of great evil, yet the "logic" was no one could pass judgment because everyone did bad things. Well, guess we have to let every murderer, drug dealer, and human trafficker go...because someone once went over the speed limit.

11/11/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Akston
That stuff wasn't creepy. People's obsession with it..yes. That is creepy.

Again, you have it backwards.

Being so focused (perhaps to the point of "obsession") that one does a self write in to the story (complete with virtual avatar) as their focus' love interest is what's creepy. People pointing it out and referring back to it when it keeps messing up the larger story isn't creepy. It's a sign that the staff's fan fic has crossed a line and is impacting the quality of the game.

No one would have cared if it had remained a private 50 shades style thing in their own hard drive...but when it's something that people have to get subjected to whenever they log in? It's a problem. I don't often advocate for the lich queen (never in fact), but someone needs to file a restraining order on her behalf.
11/11/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Wanobi
Being so focused (perhaps to the point of "obsession") that one does a self write in to the story (complete with virtual avatar) as their focus' love interest is what's creepy. People pointing it out and referring back to it when it keeps messing up the larger story isn't creepy. It's a sign that the staff's fan fic has crossed a line and is impacting the quality of the game.

Dude wrote a short story called "Dark Mirror". Character got a new model. Dude makes a joke about looking into a "Dark Mirror". There's really no proof of anything there, just a bunch of butthurt people taking a single tweet out of context because they don't like the characters involved. Time to get over it instead of obsessively linking to a single image. I've seen the guy's twitter before and he just comes off as your average nerdy Blizz fanboy. He loves Jaina just as much as Sylvanas.
This whole waifu thing is just sad and creepy.
Well yeah, imagine the type of person that writes fanfic of scantily clad female characters.

That is what these writers are.
11/11/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Wanobi

That's funny, because generally the wholesale slaughter and burning an entire city full of non combatant men, women, and children alive would be considered unacceptable by the standards of the time.

Still practiced by some, but not considered acceptable by any stretch of the imagination.

11/09/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Vynlordros
Except the Alliance are the bad guys as far as actual Horde players are concerned, piking the heads of murderers isn't evil, its justice.

You've got that backwards, considering you guys are party to genocide.

Again, nice to see the devs whitewashing genocide and those who commit it.

Love to hear their thoughts on some real world genocides and those who carried them out some time. I wonder if they think any of those were "morally grey" as well...

11/09/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Akston

Yeah! Its not like half of what we do in WoW can't be considered a crime already!

If I had a dime for very time some stranger I never met before, offered me money to go kill someone IRL. I'd be just rich. Those atrocities are ok though.

Its only certain atrocities and crimes we care about. Specifically ones we can use in a biased way to fit a narrative.

Yep, "biased"

...because the lich queen didn't actually order a genocide that included nearly all innocent non combatant men, women, and children to be burned alive. AND actually wanting justice for that is suddenly about a "narrative." Most sane people want justice, not genocidal nutcases running free to wipe out more people groups.

I mean, to call that anything but evil is the real "bias," and speaks volumes about the moral character of those who refuse to condemn it, or worse, celebrate it.

11/10/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Älexandra
she won't be a raid boss, but could be a quest boss like garrosh was. that would be the coolest thing imo.

Now that, would be the most fitting end for all her mechanations. That she dies in an inglorious death, and has no one notice or care as she is literally dragged down to wow's version of hell to be roomie with arthas.

Dude. For real here. Who takes this stuff so seriously?? It's a cartoon character who did bad/evil things and you want to confront the devs/writers about their take on real life genocides/atrocities?? Then you want to pass judgement on real people's moral character for embracing the storyline and enjoying the game?? Good Gods man, relax.

This is a game bro. No actual pixels were hurt in any way, shape or form... I promise buddy. It's ok.... just breathe.

/eyeroll
Does this mean that someone is Blightcallers power bottom?
People want her to be Garrosh when she's Kerrigan.
Plot twist. Current Sylvy is Queen Azshara disguise. The true Sylvie was imprisoned by Nzoth somewhere and we need to rescue her in 8.2. The whisper in Voljin ear was Nzoth all these times to ensure Q Azshara was elected WC. We have all been duped.