Devs confirmed Sylvanas is their Waifu

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
11/11/2018 02:03 AMPosted by Momimfotm
11/10/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Withpuppys
...hold the phone, was he exiled in that movie? its been a while but i thought he crushed the rebellion against him

He kills Durotan and then disenchants some orcs who quietly grumble that he has no honor while turning their backs to him. He's still in charge at the end presumably because he doesn't kill Lothar which would apparently make the Horde very upset.
thats what i thought
11/09/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Vera
Kinda lame if there gonna copy and rehash kerrigans story from Starcraft2. Instead of coming up with something original.

We are current playing MoP again so...
After we wipe the Alliance off the field of battle...
We have to plague bomb stormwind, its the only way to be sure.

Victory for Sylvanas

Long may she reign!!!

Her #1 waifu boytoy
11/09/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Luciell
Calling Sylvanas goth is 100% not knowing what a goth is. Just because something is "dark" doesn't make it goth. By that logic the legion is the goth faction.

Sylvanas is the Banshee Queen, an obvious reference to Siouxsie and the Banshees. There is even a quest in Silverpine Forest called "Cities in Dust." Btw, the Legion is green, not dark.

Edit:
I also listen almost exclusively to the Sisters of Mercy, Current 93, Type O Negative, and Death in June, so don't try and act like I don't know what goth is.
11/11/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Båkkag
Dude. For real here. Who takes this stuff so seriously?? It's a cartoon character who did bad/evil things and you want to confront the devs/writers about their take on real life genocides/atrocities?? Then you want to pass judgement on real people's moral character for embracing the storyline and enjoying the game?? Good Gods man, relax.

Fantasy is a reflection of our innermost desires.

Anyone remember "hit a pillow?" There's a reason that it went out of fashion so quickly: because fantasizing about actually committing violence against someone actually leads to the real thing. Look no further than most of the nutcases who have actually done it.

Now take a major software company, who suddenly wants to take something that up to this point that was on no certain terms condemned by all but the most morally bankrupt of people as evil (genocide). Now, they call it "morally grey" because of those who carry it out are, and who the victims are.

Which basically translates to "genocide is ok, so long as it's by the 'right' people to the 'right' people."

Mass media shapes people's perceptions and pushes what is called the Overton window. Of course toady most call genocide unacceptable under any circumstances. Given enough time with enough media saturation? In a generation or two, you might be surprised what the opinion might be on the subject.

...or maybe not even that long, considering how many people are "enjoying" it right now.

So yes, the question stands.
As long as we get to kill Nathanos it's all good, he has such a punchable face.
Sylvanas is pretty cool
Jaina gets to be a raidboss because shes not an elf and the writers dont have body pillows of her.
11/11/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Binkywares
Sylvanas is the Banshee Queen, an obvious reference to Siouxsie and the Banshees. There is even a quest in Silverpine Forest called "Cities in Dust." Btw, the Legion is green, not dark.

Edit:
I also listen almost exclusively to the Sisters of Mercy, Current 93, Type O Negative, and Death in June, so don't try and act like I don't know what goth is.

Banshees are just undead elves, she's the Banshee queen because that's the type un undead Arthas turned her into.

You may listen to whatever you want , doesn't make Sylvanas any more goth just because she has edgy personality and dark skin. Nothing about Sylvanas fit an actual goth subculture, and if you seriously don't realize that, then you're merely a poser and don't really know what a goth is.

Your comment about the Legion coloration confirms this. You can't see past just the dark color scheme to pretend something is a goth.

11/11/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Curzè
This whole waifu thing is just sad and creepy.

It's okay when fans do it, it's really creepy when the writers are horny for their own characters.

No wonder they covered her up, they didn't want anyone else laying eyes on her.
Banshees are just undead elves, she's the Banshee queen because that's the type un undead Arthas turned her into.

You completely ignored the fact that Blizzard has surrounded Sylvanas with Siouxsie and the Banshees, a foundational goth band, references.

because she has edgy personality and dark skin

Since when was dark skin a hallmark feature of goth? Also, when did I ever imply that either of those things make her goth?

Nothing about Sylvanas fit an actual goth subculture

She surrounds herself with goth aesthetics, has Siouxsie references, and has extra thick eyeliner. What else does she need in order to qualify as goth by your definition?

you're merely a poser and don't really know what a goth is.

So what is goth to you? And what right do you have to call me a poseur? What are your credentials? I doubt you even know half of the bands I mentioned. Hell, I doubt you even recognized the "Cities in Dust" reference. I have noticed throughout the years that it's always the try-hards who shop at Hot Topic that love to call everyone else "poseurs" and "conformists."
Dark lady watch over you.
Every time I think about the devs and their obsession with a character they wanna protect, I just wanna barf. These should not be the people in charge of a great story...they fail us miserably with their spineless writing.
No main character is an easy kill. I like Sylvanas, all my toons are undead. But I'd be equally as pissed if they killed of Malfurion or Illidan (not counting the first time), or some of the other special characters in the game.
11/11/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Wiedergänger
No main character is an easy kill. I like Sylvanas, all my toons are undead. But I'd be equally as pissed if they killed of Malfurion or Illidan (not counting the first time), or some of the other special characters in the game.

I can understand this sentiment, and for the most part agree, but it isn't fair to have one of those characters constantly !@#$ on and %^-* over one faction with their evil deeds, and then get immunity because they are member of a faction, a fan favorite, or in Sylvanas's case Blizzard's actual favorite who is "special" to them.

So now we are left with Sylvanas who is guaranteed to live and get away with all her evil actions. People like to argue that it's no different than Anduin having plot armor like crazy, but the difference is Anduin isn't/hasn't committed mass murder on multiple accounts against the Horde, so yeah while his plot armor is dumb he has no reason to be killed by the Horde. Meanwhile, as I have said, the same can't be said for Sylvanas who continuously gets to just wreck the Alliance and commit evil acts and get away with it with no consequences.
11/11/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Wanobi
I never defended her or justified her actions.

Then explain:

11/09/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Dalsham
Ya'll keep talking about evil with apparently no real understanding of evil, or medieval warfare, or honor. It's quite amusing to watch.

Because that sure sounds like a justification based on faulty understanding of historical morals.

So you quote me stating that I have never defended her actions or tried to justify them...then ask me to explain someone else's (which is by the way..not me) quote?

Am I missing something here?
professional help, you should seek it.
You know, I've thought about it a lot and while the above may be true. I'm guilty of it with some of my characters too. What I would ask everyone in the forums to consider is this.

Every person behind the keyboard is a human, and they have feelings too. Don't attack the Devs because they created a character they have a passion for writing. That's something good. It'd beat the hell out of them going.

"Yeah here's Sylvania Cardboard cutout raid boss 2.0. Have fun. She falls over when you kill her. Like John Doe, and McZuggins did. See ya."
11/11/2018 09:35 PMPosted by Artemis
Every time I think about the devs and their obsession with a character they wanna protect, I just wanna barf. These should not be the people in charge of a great story...they fail us miserably with their spineless writing.

It's weird how they admit it like it was normal.

11/11/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Gilius
Every person behind the keyboard is a human, and they have feelings too. Don't attack the Devs because they created a character they have a passion for writing. That's something good. It'd beat the hell out of them going.

Difference between passion for writing and obsession with her behind.
Sylvanas confirmed to be the Dev's Waifu

So, she's cheating on me? Again?
11/09/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Vera
Kinda lame if there gonna copy and rehash kerrigans story from Starcraft2. Instead of coming up with something original.

Oh you mean like the Garrosh 2.0 copy and rehash it was looking like.