Devs confirmed Sylvanas is their Waifu

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 Next
Eh I don't care about Sylvanas anyway, she's gonna die forreal one way or another.
11/11/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Akston
So you quote me stating that I have never defended her actions or tried to justify them...then ask me to explain someone else's (which is by the way..not me) quote?

Am I missing something here?

That was a bit of a mistake.

I was trying to grab one of yours and grabbed the other one from that batch when formatting the post and didn't catch it.

I meant to grab:

11/09/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Akston
Its only certain atrocities and crimes we care about. Specifically ones we can use in a biased way to fit a narrative.

You don't specifically condone her actions (but you don't condemn them either, I might point out), but you compare the genocide of the Night Elves to killing some murlocs in Westfall and act like the two are remotely similar...then go on to imply anyone who cares about the former and participated in the latter is part of some "narrative."

Some might call your perspective a bit skewed.

...and again, the fact that so many are willing to gloss over this because it's the lich queen and the Night Elves is telling.

Flip some characters and the setting around, and I doubt people would be as blithe about it:

Let's say it was Genn who firebombed the Undercity (or Silvermoon) out of existence because Rogers didn't kill the lich queen (or that snooty regent guy running Silvermoon) to demoralize the whorde.

Suddenly, I doubt you guys would call this "morally grey," in fact I suspect most of you on the "I'm glad I participated in the genocide of the Night Elves" side of things would be screaming for Eastern Kingdoms to be mana bombed off the map.
11/12/2018 11:44 PMPosted by Wanobi
Suddenly, I doubt you guys would call this "morally grey," in fact I suspect most of you on the "I'm glad I participated in the genocide of the Night Elves" side of things would be screaming for Eastern Kingdoms to be mana bombed off the map.

People have been screaming non stop about Genn attacking Stormheim and the SI:7 Killing goblins in Silithus but when it comes to undead waifu they can overlook the biggest acts of terrorism.

This is the same people who argue terrorist aren't so bad IRL because they like some aspects about those people.
11/09/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Mokrae

Piking Alliance's head for the sake of piking Alliance's head = evil
Piking Horde's head for the sake of piking Horde's head = evil

Naah, Alliance bombing goblin ship when they're neutral = evil
Alliance purging neutral Vulpera = evil
Alliance hunting down undead when they're neutral = evil

The pattern is very clear, Alliance keep picking a fight with neutral race, until they no longer neutral and actually fought back, then Alliance start calling them evil

Calling Horde evil for piking Alliance's head is like saying Aragorn is evil for slaying Uruk-hai.

God forbid the writing team actually let the alliance attack the way the horde attacks the alliance. We get "if we finish them, we will be no better than them". And lets go to this random zone and go on a murderthon against this neutral race so we can be "morally grey". Horde are written as playing World of Warcraft, Alliance are written as playing World of Hugcraft.
11/11/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Wanobi
11/11/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Båkkag
Dude. For real here. Who takes this stuff so seriously?? It's a cartoon character who did bad/evil things and you want to confront the devs/writers about their take on real life genocides/atrocities?? Then you want to pass judgement on real people's moral character for embracing the storyline and enjoying the game?? Good Gods man, relax.

Fantasy is a reflection of our innermost desires.

Anyone remember "hit a pillow?" There's a reason that it went out of fashion so quickly: because fantasizing about actually committing violence against someone actually leads to the real thing. Look no further than most of the nutcases who have actually done it.

Now take a major software company, who suddenly wants to take something that up to this point that was on no certain terms condemned by all but the most morally bankrupt of people as evil (genocide). Now, they call it "morally grey" because of those who carry it out are, and who the victims are.

Which basically translates to "genocide is ok, so long as it's by the 'right' people to the 'right' people."

Mass media shapes people's perceptions and pushes what is called the Overton window. Of course toady most call genocide unacceptable under any circumstances. Given enough time with enough media saturation? In a generation or two, you might be surprised what the opinion might be on the subject.

...or maybe not even that long, considering how many people are "enjoying" it right now.

So yes, the question stands.

oh god no....another one of this ones. and i though that people linkin shootings with video games was bad enought.

im gonna leave this out here because the "morally grey" bull!@#$ meme is being thrown around a lot here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUik9-2ygS8&t=3492s
11/13/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Manngina
God forbid the writing team actually let the alliance attack the way the horde attacks the alliance. We get "if we finish them, we will be no better than them". And lets go to this random zone and go on a murderthon against this neutral race so we can be "morally grey". Horde are written as playing World of Warcraft, Alliance are written as playing World of Hugcraft.

I don't think Horde players can actually handle being attacked the way the Alliance gets attacked in game. They would go crazy.
11/13/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Federok
im gonna leave this out here

Left out the coc violating language and whining about what the devs themselves said about genocide of the Night Elves.

What was the first thing they said after reading the question?

"Evil, you know...is a matter of perspective."

Then a lot of hemming an hawing about the "tension" between the different "aspects" in that faction. This, despite every member was represented in the genocide of the Night Elves, and no one protested or said a word while they fired volley after volley and stood and watched while they burned innocent non combatant men, women, and children alive.

Then, some nonsense about "bad things happen in war when people are struggling to survive" and the laughable comment about the choice of doing those unspeakable things and "extinction." Leaving out the fact that this was not a war started for survival, but purely for profit. Additionally, the genocide of the Night Elves was not about "survival" or avoiding "extinction," it was about spiting a single Night Elf who in her dying moments actually was trying to show some compassion to the very person who was responsible for her death, her husband's death and the deaths of everyone who had been poisoned (again, civilians) on the whorde's bloody march to Teldrassil.

Then of course, ending with a weak "this is something both sides should be worried about" but putting more emphasis on the "warcraft is the world of grey" nonsense, claiming it went all the way back to orcs vs humans. Which is patently false, because they didn't introduce the relativistic nonsense until wc3.

So, at the end of the day...thanks for sharing the video because it only serves to underscore the points myself and others have been making: that the devs are whitewashing the genocide of the Night Elves because it was ordered by the lich queen and carried out by the whorde.

Let's face it, if bfa ended with the Alliance in internment camps, that would also be "morally grey."

My earlier question about RL genocides still stands.
So basically to not !@#$te on the alliance somehow Sylvanas has to be responsible for regrowing a world tree and bringing back 1000+ night elf citizens to life, and not unlife.
11/11/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Wanobi
11/11/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Starlagosa
The 'self insert' was taken out of context, really wish people would stop spreading that fake news.

It's clear the writers have more common sense and reasonableness than a few of the people who play this game and seem more confused about reality.

Suuuuuuure it was.

Who are we going to believe?

You or our lying eyes?

It's not like someone made the writer post all that creepy stuff...for an undead fictional character.

I can't help that you choose to believe something taken out of context and won't accept the facts.
11/13/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Monnserrat
11/13/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Manngina

I don't think Horde players can actually handle being attacked the way the Alliance gets attacked in game. They would go crazy.

If an Alliance character genocided a playable Horde race? They would burn this forum to the ground, there would be ingame protests, mass cancellations, petitions out the wazoo, their tears would drown the game.

Prepatch shows Horde players can't even handle winning if they get painted in a "not super heroic" light. If they actually lost for once? Not only lost but devastatingly so to the point one of their races is basically wiped off the map lore wise? They would absolutely lose their minds.
11/09/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Luciell
Apparently she's just super special to the writers so they confirmed she won't be a raid boss because she's much more than that (funny, big characters like Illidan, Arthas, Garrosh, Kil'jaeden etc... which have been much more important ended up as raid bosses, yet Sylvy is too special for that).

Guess when you're the devs waifu you can do more evil than literally every villain out there and you just get saved anyway.

Source:

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-11-08-world-of-warcraft-and-the-masterplan-for-sylvanas

Considering Nathanos is a self insert of one of the writters. I'm not surprised.

Ladies and gents. THIS is why you don't mix your fetishes with a multi million dolar freaking narrative.

It kinda screws everthing up.
D.Va is my waifu. She's the best girl!
/facepalm @ some replies

I'm glad she won't be a raid boss.
11/14/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Moonfalls
11/13/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Monnserrat

If an Alliance character genocided a playable Horde race? They would burn this forum to the ground, there would be ingame protests, mass cancellations, petitions out the wazoo, their tears would drown the game.

Prepatch shows Horde players can't even handle winning if they get painted in a "not super heroic" light. If they actually lost for once? Not only lost but devastatingly so to the point one of their races is basically wiped off the map lore wise? They would absolutely lose their minds.
Remember the Purge of Dalaran, which had all of 5 casualties?
11/14/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Kyveli
Remember the Purge of Dalaran, which had all of 5 casualties?

Oh how could we forget. Or Camp Tornado or whatever it was called. The Alliance literally knocked over like 3 tents the Tauren had set up. The monsters....
Blizzard makes a lot of bold statements only to revise them later. Nothing is set in stone even after they've set it in stone.
This link says it all...

https://gear.blizzard.com/us/wow-sylvanas-statue-collectible
And yet they've been goin' out of their way to start retconning pre-Cataclysm stories to make Sylvanas an even bigger villain than she already is.
From the Dev in control of her writing... "the Wrathgate and the Blight and the Forsaken - in character. Those were all under Sylvanas' orders" In other words...Sylvanas killed Varok's son.

Sylvanas will be booted out of the Horde as Warchief, but escape and in her quest for immortality, destroy Bolvar and become the Lich Queen. ;)
yeah wife thank she hot. I prefer strangely enough mag har and night borne. go figure.