Devs confirmed Sylvanas is their Waifu

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
yikes
11/09/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Nate
Meanwhile we've gone through Thrall, Garrosh, and Vol'jin....
i should remind you thrall isn't dead and he may be returning as warchief of the horde as the devs hinted at with metzen at the blizzcon q&a
11/09/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Dardillien
11/09/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Kyveli
So Kerrigan story confirmed.

Unfortunately yes. We get to sit back and watch Sylvanas commit mass murder for years, and other atrocities, only to turn around and get to be redeemed and become the hero. Don't you just love !@#$ty writing?

Let me go write a book about Hitler becoming the savior of Earth...
Hitler ascending to godhood through the secret experiments of the Third Reich and sacrificing himself to save the world from an alien invasion, later to be revered as one of humanity's greatest heroes. I'd read it.
This means we get to kill Nathanos instead right?
11/09/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Withpuppys
11/09/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Nate
Meanwhile we've gone through Thrall, Garrosh, and Vol'jin....
i should remind you thrall isn't dead and he may be returning as warchief of the horde as the devs hinted at with metzen at the blizzcon q&a

Which would require something happen to Sylv...
I'm supposed to be happy about that?
11/09/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Nate
11/09/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Withpuppys
...i should remind you thrall isn't dead and he may be returning as warchief of the horde as the devs hinted at with metzen at the blizzcon q&a

for thrall to be warchief, it doesn't require sylvanas to die, something would have to happen, but it could just be a simple exile until she is used again in a later plotline
[quote="207683508070"]Which would require something happen to Sylv...

Sylvanas never wanted to be warchief. Maybe she'll step down out of her own free will.
11/09/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Luciell
Apparently she's just super special to the writers so they confirmed she won't be a raid boss because she's much more than that (funny, big characters like Illidan, Arthas, Garrosh, Kil'jaeden etc... which have been much more important ended up as raid bosses, yet Sylvy is too special for that).

Guess when you're the devs waifu you can do more evil than literally every villain out there and you just get saved anyway.

Source:

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-11-08-world-of-warcraft-and-the-masterplan-for-sylvanas

Not all lore characters need to eventually be a raid boss. I think it keeps the game living when not everything is turned into a loot pinata to be beaten up on. Besides there are lots of more interesting and fun characters to have be a raid boss.
Kinda lame if there gonna copy and rehash kerrigans story from Starcraft2. Instead of coming up with something original.
11/09/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Nate

She's probably going to seal N'zoth inside Xalatath or something, to control him so she get more information about Void Lord.
11/09/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Menard
I called it WAY BACK, but Sylvanas is going to be kerrigan 2.0.

Redeem her and make her a High Elf with blue eyes, add a quest for Horde Blood Elves to get blue eyes.

Oh man...

Stop. Please.
11/09/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Panoptes
11/09/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Kyveli
So Kerrigan story confirmed.

Pretty much, now with the waifu status confirmed I wonder how the story writers will twist Sylvanas actions so that they seem 'acceptable'.

Pre-patch and whole expansion is a coma dream.
11/09/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Vera
Kinda lame if there gonna copy and rehash kerrigans story from Starcraft2. Instead of coming up with something original.

Not being a raid boss ≠ Kerrigan.
11/09/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Tyierin
11/09/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Vera

that is true, she could be given the cairne treatment or be sent into exile in some scenario

that being said, im not really eager to believe blizzard anymore
11/09/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Withpuppys
11/09/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Tyierin

that is true, she could be given the cairne treatment or be sent into exile in some scenario

Exactly, which is why idk why people here are getting assuming everything already.
11/09/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Menard
Redeem her and make her a High Elf with blue eyes

NO! SHE IS THE GOTH QUEEN! SHE WON'T TURN INTO A PREP CONFORMIST!
11/09/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Dardillien
Let me go write a book about Hitler becoming the savior of Earth...

Night Elf players want a word with you Blizz.......
That article doesn't "confirm" sh*t. The dev suggests at a few things, hints at others but in no way, shape or form does he "confirm" Sylvanas will or won't be anything.

Clickbait posts are clickbait...
Thank god. i would of been pissed if i was forced to kill her.
11/09/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Tyierin
11/09/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Withpuppys
...that is true, she could be given the cairne treatment or be sent into exile in some scenario

Exactly, which is why idk why people here are getting assuming everything already.
most are just expecting the worst at this point i imagine. (or wishful thinking depending on your point of view i guess)