Devs confirmed Sylvanas is their Waifu

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 13 Next
11/10/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Tiridan
My prediction is that she’ll get exiled just like Gul’dan in the Warcraft Movie.
hold the phone, was he exiled in that movie? its been a while but i thought he crushed the rebellion against him
Just because we don't get to kill her doesn't mean somebody else won't in the story
11/10/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Lorithyn
Just because we don't get to kill her doesn't mean somebody else won't in the story

I can now see a random cinematic where Thrall strolls by

"Yo I was passing by and couldn't help overhearing that you guys have trouble with the Warchief. *Dramatic fight moment between Thrall and Sylvanas and she gets smashed by a rock elemental* Kk cool I'm on my way back home."
11/10/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Lorithyn

the key point in this was "as a raid boss"

she won't be a raid boss, but could be a quest boss like garrosh was. that would be the coolest thing imo.

or, she could get merked by bwonsamdi for her disrespect.

either of these are great options.
11/09/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Dalsham
Ya'll keep talking about evil with apparently no real understanding of evil, or medieval warfare, or honor. It's quite amusing to watch.

That's funny, because generally the wholesale slaughter and burning an entire city full of non combatant men, women, and children alive would be considered unacceptable by the standards of the time.

Still practiced by some, but not considered acceptable by any stretch of the imagination.

11/09/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Vynlordros
Except the Alliance are the bad guys as far as actual Horde players are concerned, piking the heads of murderers isn't evil, its justice.

You've got that backwards, considering you guys are party to genocide.

Again, nice to see the devs whitewashing genocide and those who commit it.

Love to hear their thoughts on some real world genocides and those who carried them out some time. I wonder if they think any of those were "morally grey" as well...

11/09/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Akston
11/09/2018 06:22 PMPosted by Wanobi

If anduin the whiny brat child is the price we pay for getting rid of the lich queen, and every war criminal who participated in the burning of Teldrassil...

Done.

Please accept deposit of your payment at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Also, the lengths to which the devs and the rest of the lich queen fan base have gone to whitewash genocide is truly astonishing. Good thing this isn't a real life genocide we're talking about, because denying those is actually a crime in some countries in real life...

Yeah! Its not like half of what we do in WoW can't be considered a crime already!

If I had a dime for very time some stranger I never met before, offered me money to go kill someone IRL. I'd be just rich. Those atrocities are ok though.

Its only certain atrocities and crimes we care about. Specifically ones we can use in a biased way to fit a narrative.

Yep, "biased"

...because the lich queen didn't actually order a genocide that included nearly all innocent non combatant men, women, and children to be burned alive. AND actually wanting justice for that is suddenly about a "narrative." Most sane people want justice, not genocidal nutcases running free to wipe out more people groups.

I mean, to call that anything but evil is the real "bias," and speaks volumes about the moral character of those who refuse to condemn it, or worse, celebrate it.

11/10/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Älexandra
she won't be a raid boss, but could be a quest boss like garrosh was. that would be the coolest thing imo.

Now that, would be the most fitting end for all her mechanations. That she dies in an inglorious death, and has no one notice or care as she is literally dragged down to wow's version of hell to be roomie with arthas.
Y'know Sargeras wasn't a raid boss either.
When Sylvanas is made a raid boss I hope Nathanos is there too, so we can kill two birds with one stone!
Some of ya'll haters thirstier for Sylvanas than the fanboys.
Metzen is on our side lads do not despair. The Doomhammer is on it's way to get Sylvanas!

LOKTAR OGAR!
11/09/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Menard
I called it WAY BACK, but Sylvanas is going to be kerrigan 2.0.

Redeem her and make her a High Elf with blue eyes, add a quest for Horde Blood Elves to get blue eyes.

Oh man...

That is a really interesting suggestion!
11/10/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Withpuppys
11/10/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Tiridan
My prediction is that she’ll get exiled just like Gul’dan in the Warcraft Movie.
hold the phone, was he exiled in that movie? its been a while but i thought he crushed the rebellion against him

He kills Durotan and then disenchants some orcs who quietly grumble that he has no honor while turning their backs to him. He's still in charge at the end presumably because he doesn't kill Lothar which would apparently make the Horde very upset.
I have a striking feeling we will never be free of morally grey edgy boobs. She plays too much to the more... easily sexually aroused basement dwellers than Blizzard could afford to lose in subscriptions.
11/09/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Luciell
Apparently she's just super special to the writers so they confirmed she won't be a raid boss because she's much more than that (funny, big characters like Illidan, Arthas, Garrosh, Kil'jaeden etc... which have been much more important ended up as raid bosses, yet Sylvy is too special for that).

Guess when you're the devs waifu you can do more evil than literally every villain out there and you just get saved anyway.

Source:

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-11-08-world-of-warcraft-and-the-masterplan-for-sylvanas

All those characters were the big bad off their expansion of course they were raid bosses. Sylvanas is not the big bad accept it, Sylvanas is not evil her methods are more allign with her personality, you cant make her Warchief and suddenly expect her to be like Thrall that wouldnt have made sense.

Besides Im pretty sure the dev team likes Sourfang more seeing as he had been featured in 3 cinematic videos in a row now. And seeing as the original intent was to side with him only says enough as well.
If Garrosh was a waifu bait character he wouldn't have been killed.
These writers are absolute trash. When you do much worse things than garrosh but get to live because of horny teenagers...
It was obvious for a long time that Blizzard doesn't have the guts to kill the undead waifu. This whole thing reeked of a Kerrigan 2.0 since the beginning of BfA. I suspect they'll mix in some WoD in there too and have everyone just forget all that she's done because "Azeroth...is...FREE!!!"

It's a little disturbing that I truly believe that the writers think that the things they've had her do are "morally grey" and not pure evil.
My guess is Saurfang is headed to his heroic death. Good riddance. He is such a coward this expansion.
Just like dealing with Illidan and his growing ego, Sigh, Roll eyes and Just hope she !@#$ off and don't have to deal with her any more.
11/11/2018 03:01 AMPosted by Kudger
It was obvious for a long time that Blizzard doesn't have the guts to kill the undead waifu.

Amusing.

It's like you think Sylvanas has a mind of her own.

The writers wrote her story....she's a fictional character created BY the writers.
11/11/2018 05:34 AMPosted by Starlagosa
11/11/2018 03:01 AMPosted by Kudger
It was obvious for a long time that Blizzard doesn't have the guts to kill the undead waifu.

Amusing.

It's like you think Sylvanas has a mind of her own.

The writers wrote her story....she's a fictional character created BY the writers.

You are correct, however - given the rather uncomfortably creepy self insert by a dev - I'm not sure everyone at Blizz HQ understands she's fictional.

Cookie? Coffeecake?
11/09/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Nate
11/09/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Smadinker
Well, they wouldn't want to make the faction that they play mad. They have to play with those guys.

I sEe BiAs EvErYwHeRe....

Meanwhile we've gone through Thrall, Garrosh, and Vol'jin....

"Don't make them mad..."
mmkay
Not only that we lost Cairne, Baine gets worse everytime they try to do something with him, Kael' thas is gone, best thing to happen to Lor'themar is a model update, we are stuck with Nathanos all BFA, newly recruited race leaders don't really do much and did I mention we are stuck with Nathanos hearing him drone on about "The Dark Lady" this and "Banshee Queen" that almost makes me miss " Malfurion! Where are you my love?"