Was nice knowing you all see you on new fourms!

General Discussion
11/11/2018 11:43 PMPosted by Swiftraven
ah, yes, i forget that according to some people, racism towards whites doesn't count as racism.

news flash: it actually does
damn thats harsh
11/11/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Etch
it's an internet forum, why are you so fricking scared like a white boi

Well you know what i guess winter is coming early, the snowflakes are already falling.
you seriously expected some things to never change? what kinda viewpoint is that?

it's an internet forum, why are you so fricking scared like a white boi

serious question

Excuse me?

What does race have to do with this?

I expect to see more posts by people like that one.
Oh boy, the "trust" system.... Maybe it'll be better here than in the OW forums?

Also, I like how it said thumbs down button removed in favor of a flag button, but we already don't have the thumbs down.
Well I just found out (and I hope it's wrong) that if you get suspended or banned on the forums you are suspended or banned in game. So I probably will not be posting on the forums due to fear of this. I honestly don't know what will get me suspended or banned other then the obvious breaking the tos stuff with the new forums.
To me this feels like they are going we are making a safe space because all you forum posters are mean to us .

But if you play nice we will let you post more a give you cookies from our Safe Space Cafe.
11/11/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Pointyends
Well you know what i guess winter is coming early, the snowflakes are already falling.
normally i'd stick my tongue for snowflakes but knowing they may be bitter snowflakes i think i'll keep my tongue in my mouth if you know what i mean
11/12/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Tilra
Well I just found out (and I hope it's wrong) that if you get suspended or banned on the forums you are suspended or banned in game. So I probably will not be posting on the forums due to fear of this. I honestly don't know what will get me suspended or banned other then the obvious breaking the tos stuff with the new forums.
Is still not conclusive, most likely won't happen. Keep posting! If you're banned the first time will just be for a few hours anyway so don't worry!
11/12/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Averyx
11/12/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Tilra
Is still not conclusive, most likely won't happen. Keep posting! If you're banned the first time will just be for a few hours anyway so don't worry!

I hope you're right.
11/11/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Clasmenethil
SInce your a MVP I have a question will we still be able to post from our alts .... if not well wont use fourms much anymore... also that is a silly and bad system......

None of us are aware how posting from different WoW characters will work since all other forums (on the new platform) display by the BattleTag.

11/11/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Clasmenethil
I dont understand people if something is not broken you just dont fix it..... If it works you keep it... I seen so many people in Real life replacing things that work fine and function fine and its sad they get rid of things to just own the latest newest thing which is stupid.

What is important to know is that the new forums have a LOT of features for Blizzard to gather feedback faster. Realistically from our end, there is a lot of things that will remain the same at first but there is better formatting options and in time active users get cool things like image posting. I think the only annoying thing about the new forums is that there are no more pages to a thread. Instead, content is loaded based on where you are scrolled to on that thread. Some threads on the new Overwatch forums have increased up to nearly 20,000 posts (such as the infamous "Mercy Feedback Discussion Thread") so discussions like that become difficult to manage.

11/11/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Akston
Can enough people "distrust" a person enough to bump em back to 0?

Now that could be fun.

Aside from stop being active on the forums, a user can only be demoted if they violate the forum Code of Conduct.
The New Forums will allow them to completely censor and control everything posted about all aspects of them and their game.

Its about control and stopping opinions not inline with their own.
11/12/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Kanderas
The New Forums will allow them to completely censor and control everything posted about all aspects of them and their game.

See, this kind of logic falls flat on its face once you actually say it out loud. Why haven't they just did this mega censorship right now? For the past ten years? Why would you think that a new forum system would magically change how mods behave?
TBH I miss the old forums. Like, the really old forums during vanilla... :)
Looking forwards to getting banned every day because people are too stupid to understand what I'm saying
11/12/2018 12:33 AMPosted by Utterly
TBH I miss the old forums. Like, the really old forums during vanilla... :)

I miss off topic and the role forums.

So many nights spent at work with nothing to do just killing time there.
Oh okay I will screenshot some of my favorite topics of the years...

Especially my favorite ones in the Movies thread. And how much people hate women in movies, that was a laugh at the time...
11/12/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Etch
11/11/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Pointyends
normally i'd stick my tongue for snowflakes but knowing they may be bitter snowflakes i think i'll keep my tongue in my mouth if you know what i mean

Put it this way.

I suspect several words will be verboten on the new forums and will net an instaban

- Snowflake
- SJW
- Safe space

Otherwords will be de rigueur in order to be come....*ahem* trusted
- Hate Speech
- Oppression
- White privileged
What is important to know is that the new forums have a LOT of features for Blizzard to gather feedback faster.

It will make ignoring all that much easier if they can sweep it all into one place.
11/12/2018 12:50 AMPosted by Pointyends
Put it this way.

I suspect several words will be verboten on the new forums and will net an instaban

- Snowflake
- SJW
- Safe space

Otherwords will be de rigueur in order to be come....*ahem* trusted
- Hate Speech
- Oppression
- White privileged

did your crystal ball foretold you this or what
11/12/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Azivalla
11/12/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Kanderas

See, this kind of logic falls flat on its face once you actually say it out loud. Why haven't they just did this mega censorship right now? For the past ten years? Why would you think that a new forum system would magically change how mods behave?

Or just get rid of the forums in general, if they don’t want to proliferate all the negativity for their game.

I’m looking forward to better forums. These are very outdated when compared to other forums I frequent. Functions like tagging others in a post, embedding media, better search functions. I’m looking forward to it.