Was nice knowing you all see you on new fourms!

General Discussion
11/12/2018 12:48 AMPosted by Elae
Especially my favorite ones in the Movies thread. And how much people hate women in movies, that was a laugh at the time...

I think i replied to that, people don't necessarily hate women in movies they're just sick of seeing all female cast remakes of their old favorite films that's all lol
"We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more."

"ability to post more often"

"more often"

Does this imply that there is a starter limit on how often one can post, or that those with high rewards are not subject to the overflow limit and can post immediately.

Either way, I find this particularly concerning.

I find this especially concerning. This implies that there will be a post limit to begin with.
Ha! I suddenly see all these alt posters panicking.

Good riddance, i hope trolls get nerfed.
11/12/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Tilra
Well I just found out (and I hope it's wrong) that if you get suspended or banned on the forums you are suspended or banned in game.

Be a great deterrent to those who like crap posting on level 1 shadow alts. The new forums come with quite a bit more tools for moderation and they're pretty ruthless over there.

Should still be able to voice concerns and dislikes about the game. But you better be pretty darn constructive.

I was going back and forth with some person in the OW forums and we were both having a great time and I got suspended for joking around. apparently you're not allowed to find David Bowie attractive as a heterosexual man. I mean they had just released a Moira skin that was legit an outfit of Davids and some guy was being all anti bowie so I started jokingly poking him and he returned the jokes in kind. Apparently they thought I was discriminating against David I guess? I dunno how they could take it the wrong way.

Regardless, be ready to never talk about anything other than the game and any subtle attempts at humor could land you in fire depending on how offended the person viewing it takes it.

After that I went back and deleted every post I made on the new OW forums and never went back. Unfortunately people who are trying to have a bit of fun and being respectful will also be lumped into the group that actively tries to offend others and crap post.

Just be prepared for the conditioning to post on the new forums. They really don't let you get away with the stuff we get away with here at all. You have to be positive or unbelievably constructive to get away with negativity.
11/12/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Wuhjikô
They really don't let you get away with the stuff we get away with her at all. You have to be positive or unbelievably constructive to get away with negativity.

My practical advice, going in would be:
1) Avoid swearing and sexual discussion.
2) Avoid personal attacks against other posters.
3) Avoid spreading outright lies and disinformation.
4) Avoid engaging in "we'll force them by hate and anger" spam
5) Post actual complaints instead of 'wow sucks' noise.
6) -Try- to be nice. We're all going to have to work on it- on being nicer.
11/12/2018 01:15 AMPosted by Alyrionus
"We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more."

"more often"

Does this imply that there is a starter limit on how often one can post, or that those with high rewards are not subject to the overflow limit and can post immediately.

I find this especially concerning. This implies that there will be a post limit to begin with.

That will be Trust level 0

Which can very easily upgraded simply by reading the forums for 10 minutes.
11/12/2018 01:37 AMPosted by Snowfox
sexual discussion.

Pretty sure this is what got me over there. Maybe I should've said as a straight man instead of the actual term and I might of been fine. I seriously believe they thought I was claiming Bowie was a straight man I guess and was trying to be offensive towards him.

It probably had a lot to do with his recent passing and they took what I said the wrong way. I mean some guy was talking about how ugly the skin was for Moira and I've always found David Bowie's outfits to be cool regardless of what he identified as.

I just knew then and there my subtle style of humor was simply not welcome in the new forums so I just gave it up in advance to avoid future issues.

But your list is pretty accurate of what is expected in the new forums and anything outside of that usually gets you into trouble.
functionally the same, with performance improvements

nothing to cry about
11/11/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Hella
I don't wanna be my dumb battletag :(

Oof, last thing I need is that being known and least of all to the forum public.
So this forum got the demo warlock treatment? Made worse to be changed later on into the improved vision? It used to be better than it is now and they made it worse with WoD, same expac as demo, and worse over time. Where's that huge downvote hand again? Maybe a picard facepalm? I bet that stuff will get you banned on this new forum.
11/11/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Lull
11/11/2018 10:55 PMPosted by Goldenax

"more often"

That's for trust level 0 posters.

TRUST LEVEL 0
Trust level 0 users cannot:

Flag posts
Post more than 3 topics
Post more than 10 replies

And it looks like jumping up to trust level 1 will be fairly quick.

TRUST LEVEL 1
Get to trust level 1 by…

Entering at least 5 topics
Reading at least 30 posts
Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

Post unlimited topics and replies
Edit wiki posts (more on Wiki Posts Below)
Flag posts

Taken from this very nice post about trust levels over here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380

Jesus Christ. How Horrifying
11/12/2018 01:15 AMPosted by Alyrionus

The post limit goes away after you spend 10 minutes on the forums.

It's not the end of the universe or anything.
11/11/2018 10:48 PMPosted by Clasmenethil
Sad to say Blizzard is axing these fourms ... which did not need replacing they were fine......

Its a sad day that Blizzard keeps dealing Blow after blow to us players..

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995

Their is Article proving their destroying the fourms!

Blizzard why must you break my heart again.... you already sliced it in half and tortured it badly....

Sigh....

Everyone enjoy the remaining time you have on these fourms you will never get this experince again due to new fourms likely only showing your battle tag no more posting from alts RP will die. on fourms as well.

My god, the sky is always falling isn't it? It's a forum board dude. Get over it and get a hold of yourself. "dealing blow after blow".
How did you people manage to turn this into a thread about white people...
11/11/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Etch
fricking scared like a white boi

Whelp, this thread is going places. No where good, but still going places. I need some popcorn
11/12/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Yzzami
11/11/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Etch
fricking scared like a white boi

Whelp, this thread is going places. No where good, but still going places. I need some popcorn

True the thread has been getting negative all cuz of one person..

But still going to miss these fourms known them since 2008.