When does the Alliance become a faction again?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I'm just patiently waiting. We all know there's only room for 2 factions and right now, as shown by the story, and that means Horde vs Horde.

I can't wait for the next CGI animated video supposedly centered around the Alliance, but is actually another story of some crybaby pitiful orc depressed about "muh honor, it makes me sad :(".

Maybe a cool cutscene with Tyrande, you know, the lady who just had her people and city murdered. Throw in Malfurion too. Oh, you did? Ah yes, the much more poorly animated one where Malfurion killed some grunts and where Nathanos blatantly told us that there was only 1 Night Elf that was a threat.

And at this point, most of know how the story in 8.1 goes with the Night Elves.

I'm just curious when my faction is going to not be a simple plot device for two horde factions. I mean, we got some build up with Jaina, but wait, aside from a Battle for Lordaeron, it's just her quelling a coup.

Stop milking a boring character like Saurfang (even by WoW standards) and give us some Alliance moments. It's not going to hurt the story if the Alliance wins something without the Horde forcing a stalemate (Undercity).

Or just give us some more Horse mounts, then make jokes at Blizzcon about it.
When Blizz stops making Alliance a meme.
Well for one, if the alliance just caved in, theres never going to be another expansion.

Also, I just made a horse joke in chat. Had some guy so pissed off (maybe was a horde main, not sure) that how we have insane amounts of horses and yet it took them time to make each horde mount. I thought it was all good fun, but I pressed his buttons I guess.

As for how I want to see things: I hated Anduin. With a passion as this expansion was starting out. I mean, how do you replace Varian, a literal pit fighter. Oh okay lets make his priest son take over, that'll go well. WELL, now that things are playing out. You know what, I stand by Anduin. I see myself in him. He's kind hearted and I mean if you think about it he took action after the burning of teldrassil. Is there other leaders I want? Yeah I wanted Jaina, but I don't know if that can technically happen seeing as she's Kirin Tor. But I stand by my leader. I stand by Thrall too. That man was raised by Blackmoore. Thrall's smart, he always has been.

Edit: !@#$ I'm an idiot. I want Papa Genn to take over. if its not Malfurion, if its not Tyrande, if it's not Jaina, It's Genn. Genn understands war. I will proudly serve under Genn.
When Stormwind concedes leadership to Ironforge and the dwarves become the rightful head of the Alliance.
I would like to see the Alliance on the brink of civil war, or falling apart, or even at odds with its leader for once. It would make for an interesting story and add some tension.

It's not like it'd be hard. Anduin may be a pretty perfect little priest boy to some, but to others he could definitely be seen as naive and weak compared to his father. Noble societies in reality often came at odds with their leaders, so I don't see why this can't be any different. Another idea, perhaps, would be having some moral group or individual view SI:7 as wrong. After all, much of what they do amounts of dishonorable assassinations and sabotage. For a paladin, I could see there being some friction with that.

I still have hope for the storyline this expansion. I want a true faction war. The Alliance seeking the horde's destruction and vice versa, rather than (most) everyone just hating Sylvanas and wanting only her deposed so an honorable orc can lead. I feel having someone with the 'death to the horde' mindset come at odds with Anduin might allow for that.
It would have been awesome having Arthas' story actually play out before he was Lich King. That was alliance conflict at its finest. It just sucks because we skipped all that just to have Arthas already have frostmourne and have taken up the helmet. Jaina, his love and Uther his mentor completely disagreed with Arthas' method of destroying those who may have been infected by the grain that caused damnation. Hence the instance culling of Stratholme. We just do not see as intense altercations like the horde do. Personally I'd like to see that. It's only fair.
11/12/2018 01:41 AMPosted by Svidinn
I would like to see the Alliance on the brink of civil war, or falling apart, or even at odds with its leader for once. It would make for an interesting story and add some tension.

It's not like it'd be hard. Anduin may be a pretty perfect little priest boy to some, but to others he could definitely be seen as naive and weak compared to his father. Noble societies in reality often came at odds with their leaders, so I don't see why this can't be any different. Another idea, perhaps, would be having some moral group or individual view SI:7 as wrong. After all, much of what they do amounts of dishonorable assassinations and sabotage. For a paladin, I could see there being some friction with that.

I still have hope for the storyline this expansion. I want a true faction war. The Alliance seeking the horde's destruction and vice versa, rather than (most) everyone just hating Sylvanas and wanting only her deposed so an honorable orc can lead. I feel having someone with the 'death to the horde' mindset come at odds with Anduin might allow for that.

/Jaina smiles
stay mad, tree doofus
11/12/2018 01:48 AMPosted by Rakruwah
stay mad, tree doofus

This is why debates are a thing. In order to discredit certain posts XD
Or maybe...just MAYBE...the videos arent based on some honor service to factions, but rather is to actually tell the BfA story?

Not everything is bias.
Not everything is 'team' representation.
Not everything is a victimization waiting to happen.

Enjoy the cinematics and stop trying to relive your toddler years.
"AI in Battlegrounds"
"(You're welcome, Alliance)"
~Blizzcon 2018

First line was a summary, second line was verbatum.

The Alliance isn't so much a faction as it is a joke, and Blizzard knows it. Not that they'll do anything about it, that's part of the joke.
11/12/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Eleroleron
Or maybe...just MAYBE...the videos arent based on some honor service to factions, but rather is to actually tell the BfA story?

Not everything is bias.

Back when the Cata cinematic came out, they released a blog on its making and said that it takes them about a year to make a 2-3 minute long cinematic. We've now gotten almost 9 minutes of footage about Saurfang feeling sad, with so much detail that you can see Anduin's beard stubble being backlit by the sun.
11/12/2018 01:41 AMPosted by Svidinn

But see, that's the thing. You want this, but you really don't. You guys talk about how the horde's story is better, but I think it's mostly because the story of the horde has a little more edge to it. Alliance want the same thing, but if it ever happened, you guys would call it crap writing and hate it.

This is the 2nd time we've done this whole "civil war" thing on the horde, and it's old. What you guys think is really interesting is not. It's flat out old.
11/12/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Kyveli
11/12/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Eleroleron

Not everything is bias.

Back when the Cata cinematic came out, they released a blog on its making and said that it takes them about a year to make a 2-3 minute long cinematic. We've now gotten almost 9 minutes of footage about Saurfang feeling sad, with so much detail that you can see Anduin's beard stubble being backlit by the sun.

Saurfang is an Alliance character now though.
11/12/2018 05:01 AMPosted by Tyierin
...Back when the Cata cinematic came out, they released a blog on its making and said that it takes them about a year to make a 2-3 minute long cinematic. We've now gotten almost 9 minutes of footage about Saurfang feeling sad, with so much detail that you can see Anduin's beard stubble being backlit by the sun.

Nah Saurfang is still Horde but the Horde has a way too many Scourge in its ranks now.
ok, just a wee bit confused. How is this a horde story? Tree burns get all alliance up in arms. They then go raid horde city. Do to plot armor they avoid three traps. Have the uc gone and leave with all heroes unharmed and one horde hero captured. Horde without central holiday them city and major quest hub.

Then next patch we have night elf retake their land. Not horde retake their land and city. The night elf who are alliance. Take back their land, dismasted the horde army, turn Night Queen into super soldier and druid gets a backbone.

They then turn a traitor into the ranks of the horde who get help doing that. He then splits the horde and weakens horde in process. So alliance can win. The dev is selling suarfang so that the horde players don't bail and support him. As they know if enough bail they are going to enough problem.

The problem was no one likes him. they change an option to make sure they keep horde players. It now angers alliance more. they rewrite entire scene to make them happy. it did not work. Cause horde got a small victory. Saying that one rewrite means they have no story or plot line.

Wait it gets better they then raid horde new city. ransack it. Kill the king and destroy its fleet. Horde players will be beyond upset> to make them happy they again give them small victory. Alliance claims it not total victory and rage again.

Let see what alliance lost and regain a city, till BFA a city no one cared about
One minor hero who looks like coming back with an upgrade

Sure this who expansion not alliance story it all for the horde. That way we get no upgraded heroes, lose a city, lose a fleet, lose another lore character, have a rebellion and have another war chief become a raid boss. Yeah, horde story. Let's give this to the alliance. we want their story were everyone gets an upgrade, they talk and gain more and they can survive traps with last-minute saves.
...Back when the Cata cinematic came out, they released a blog on its making and said that it takes them about a year to make a 2-3 minute long cinematic. We've now gotten almost 9 minutes of footage about Saurfang feeling sad, with so much detail that you can see Anduin's beard stubble being backlit by the sun.

We don't want him, either.
We just spent an entire expansion almost purely Alliance.

1 patch cycle that is centered around a Horde rerun, setting up losing yet another Warchief..and suddenly the world is ending.
11/12/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Samurix
ok, just a wee bit confused. How is this a horde story? Tree burns get all alliance up in arms.
So a Horde victory considering the Horde just captured the only Alliance stronghold in Kalimdor.

They then go raid horde city. Do to plot armor they avoid three traps. Have the uc gone
So the Alliance victory is already tainted because they can't even capture it due to plague.

Then next patch we have night elf retake their land.
Just wait. You'll see.

They then turn a traitor into the ranks of the horde who get help doing that. He then splits the horde and weakens horde in process.
So even more Horde plot. Wow, totally not a Horde story btw.

Wait it gets better they then raid horde new city.
Let's completely forget that there's an opposite counterpart.
11/12/2018 05:19 AMPosted by Rêdmoon

Nah Saurfang is still Horde but the Horde has a way too many Scourge in its ranks now.

I dont see a problem with people that sacrificed their lives being in charge. As someone that sacrificed everything I respect that.