When does the Alliance become a faction again?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
11/12/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Ollin

And, if they devs cared enough about the alliance to craft us a story they found interesting enough to play, we would get 100% alliance cinematics like the horde does.

What story do you want? another Anduin's struggle? at this point nobody cares.
11/12/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Dardillien
11/12/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Tetsubin
Alliance: lol suckers if you don't want to be villains, join the Alliance, we have actual morals
also Alliance: why do Horde get all this awesome story where they get to be villains??

That's not really what the Alliance people are saying. They are tired of the Alliance being pushed to the back burner to further the Horde plot, again, while we get very little development in the process.

Yes, the Horde is sadly getting the same repeat MoP story again and that sucks, but at least you are getting faction story. The Alliance's whole story in BfA, and most of WoW honestly, is the Horde did something bad to us now we need to react and fight back! That's the depth of our story and we want more than that.

I'd argue that bad story isn't better than no story, though I know not everyone would agree with that.

I also don't think "our leader did something bad, we need to rebel" has more depth than "other faction did something bad and we react." I don't see how we can agree the Horde story is a re-run and still say it has depth. Running in circles isn't development.
Stop whining and maybe you won't be such a joke.

Git. Gud.
What will you Alliance do if you guys get assimilated into a new Horded faction? Quit? Just ride with it? You might then get cool mounts ;)
11/12/2018 05:00 AMPosted by Yellöwböze
You guys talk about how the horde's story is better, but I think it's mostly because the story of the horde has a little more edge to it.

Honestly, I don't.

IMO, the Alliance has by *far* the better story this expansion. We've got all of the character building going on. Meanwhile the horde has boring exposition.

Sure, we feel out of place in Uldir because we didn't get a raid questline to explain what it is and what's going on (which is something I *am* mad about), and instead have to make due with some Brann voice-over in the underrot that serve to give just about the most basic backstory of all time and still don't give us any more reason to be there beyond "things are rotten. Better kill everything before it gets worse" (seriously, that's why the Alliance is in Uldir. It's pathetic).

But that aside, the Jaina quest chain is the best story the WoW devs have ever told.

Story is about character development. It's about the journey from one place to another both physically and emotionally, and how a character deals with situations given all of the other things that have happened to them in the past.

Jaina is, without a doubt, *THE* most fleshed out character in all of WoW because of her story in BFA tying everything that's happened to her from WC3 to the present together. She's loved, lost, lead, lost again, built, lost *again*, returned home, been imprisoned, and finally, for *once in her life*, someone came along who cared enough *to save her from herself*.

In retrospect WC3, and WoW up to this point, has simply been the story of Jaina Proudmoore.

The alliance has a ***lot*** we can complain about. But, IMO, story isn't one of them.

...*Cinematics screen time*, OTOH, yeah. Add that to the pile. We need our own Old Soldier cinematic. Preferably something featuring Tyrande since she has *never* been the subject of a Blizzard cinematic. The only named NElfs that have even been in one are Malfurion and Illidan, and it took Illidan being a raid boss to get his (Malfurion, OTOH, just blew a horn and didn't even get any dialogue.)

11/12/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Mokrae

And, if they devs cared enough about the alliance to craft us a story they found interesting enough to play, we would get 100% alliance cinematics like the horde does.

What story do you want? another Anduin's struggle? at this point nobody cares.

I want them to write something interesting enough that they want to play their own game.
It saddens me but I have left the alliance. I just got this guy to 120 yesterday. I had to jump ship man. I was on stormrage and even then the alliance still feels empty. The only issue I have with the horde so far are the wait times for pvp, but we typically win so it’s not too bad.
The alliance has a ***lot*** we can complain about. But, IMO, story isn't one of them.

The Waahliance has NOTHING to complain about. At all. The factions are even everywhere so stop spreading that myth.

You mean like most of legion?
11/12/2018 05:39 AMPosted by Akston
We just spent an entire expansion almost purely Alliance.

1 patch cycle that is centered around a Horde rerun, setting up losing yet another Warchief..and suddenly the world is ending.

Well, the next time we need a space ship...

And why don't you try and convince me that WoD wasn't a horde expansion. I haven't seen that argument in a while. I mean, as long as you're reaching, might as well get some usage out of it.

As for legion...Legion wasn't about factions. It was about classes.

You know, that class hall thingie that you were the leader of? Where you became the overall leader of everyone else in your class?

Legion wasn't about the alliance. It was about ***YOU***.

You. Personally.

You're trying to claim that it was an alliance expansion because all of the army of the light NPCs were alliance when you got to spend an entire expansion having them shine your shoes...
11/12/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Ollin
You're trying to claim that it was an alliance expansion because all of the army of the light NPCs were alliance when you got to spend an entire expansion having them shine your shoes...

I mean, it felt somewhat Alliance-y to me because of all the Velen and Malfurion stuff, plus Varian being the entire launch cinematic. It didn't really bother me at the time, and I still don't think it's an issue.

But by some of the standards folks use to prove Horde story bias in BfA...like, if we used such high standards for Legion it would be "Alliance bias."
11/12/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Tetsubin
11/12/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Ollin

I mean, it felt somewhat Alliance-y to me because of all the Velen and Malfurion stuff, plus Varian being the entire launch cinematic. It didn't really bother me at the time, and I still don't think it's an issue.

But by some of the standards folks use to prove Horde story bias in BfA...like, if we used such high standards for Legion it would be "Alliance bias."

If you use those standards, you lose the ability to call Thrall in Cata "a neutral hero and, therefore, not a horde expansion".
11/12/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Bokazgrum

The Waahliance has NOTHING to complain about. At all. The factions are even everywhere so stop spreading that myth.
*checks pvp, pve, and overall faction balance.* yea, might wanna wipe some of the crap leaking from the side of your mouth.
11/12/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Bokazgrum

*checks pvp, pve, and overall faction balance.* yea, might wanna wipe some of the crap leaking from the side of your mouth.

Yeah, there's a reason I have him on ignore.
11/12/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Ollin
11/12/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Tetsubin

If you use those standards, you lose the ability to call Thrall in Cata "a neutral hero and, therefore, not a horde expansion".

Oh I think calling Thrall "neutral" was always bs, yeah.
There are currently two Hordes and two Alliances.

Horde:
Saurfang and Zekhan
Sylvanas and Nathanos

Alliance:
Tyrande and Genn
Anduin and Velen

People are just less worried about the Alliance since they'll inevitably be all buddy-buddy again soon. No one is even considering an Alliance leader going evil (but what if they do?).
11/12/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Bokazgrum
Stop whining and maybe you won't be such a joke.

Git. Gud.
I guess whining and sulking is only okay if you get 2 cinematics centered around it.

I've seen more whining from Saurfang in 20 mins than I have in the rest of the game.
11/12/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Nightshine
There are currently two Hordes and two Alliances.

Horde:
Saurfang and Zekhan
Sylvanas and Nathanos

Alliance:
Tyrande and Genn
Anduin and Velen

People are just less worried about the Alliance since they'll inevitably be all buddy-buddy again soon. No one is even considering an Alliance leader going evil (but what if they do?).

WoW horde solves our internal difference by blood combat and savage betrayals.

Alliance does it by talking to each other over tea.
Soon (TM)
11/12/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Ollin

That isn't what defines an xpac. No xpac had the single faction focus that Legion had. Even for all the crying about BfA there is a massive amount of Alliance stuff going on.
11/12/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Hamstar
No xpac had the single faction focus that Legion had.

Your Horde privilege is showing. Its really telling just how bad the bias has been over the years when we get one xpac, just one, that doesn't totally revolve around the Horde story and what the Horde is doing and Horde players automatically feel like they got cheated out of a whole xpac.

They complete ignore the fact Legion wasn't about the Alliance either. They also ignore the fact two entire zones were entirely dedicated to introducing their new allied races. But since the WHOLE THING wasn't about them well then they got screwed. LMFAO... That's how bad its been since Cata.