When does the Alliance become a faction again?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
After doing both faction’s storylines,
I find myself enjoying the Alliance side more even though I’ve been Horde forever.
11/12/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Krayzen
I find myself enjoying the Alliance side more even though I’ve been Horde forever.

Again, we have by far the better story this expansion. It's just jaw-droppingly good if you actually like story (and aren't just looking to gripe about something).

I mean, I'd almost feel sorry for the Horde (if you weren't all green-skinned pigs, lame deadites, and talking t-bones in dire need of steak sauce)
11/12/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Ollin

Again, we have by far the better story this expansion. It's just jaw-droppingly good if you actually like story (and aren't just looking to gripe about something).

Lolwut? The Alliance zone storylines are absolute trash this expansion. The Jaina story arc is great but everything else is just humans being humans, getting in their own way. The Horde has an epic story interlaced throughout the zones with the Loa and is infinitely more engaging and fun. Alliance got the shaft.

The "how you get your ally" story line i totally agree with you. Beyond a few out of place items, the alliance story is pretty good (but the horde is good also). With that being said, the overall story arc of faction vs faction storyline is where the issues arise imo.
11/12/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Nightshine

Lolwut? The Alliance zone storylines are absolute trash this expansion. The Jaina story arc is great but everything else is just humans being humans, getting in their own way. The Horde has an epic story interlaced throughout the zones with the Loa and is infinitely more engaging and fun. Alliance got the shaft.

To be fair I think that was the point. All the Kul'Tiras zones were supposed to be separate stories that aren't connected because we were supposed to bring all those factions back together to unite Kul'Tiras so that they could join the Alliance.

Also Drustvar was one of the best zones to date, in my opinion. Loved the zone and story there, probably one of the best.
11/12/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Nightshine
There are currently two Hordes and two Alliances.

Horde:
Saurfang and Zekhan
Sylvanas and Nathanos

Alliance:
Tyrande and Genn
Anduin and Velen

People are just less worried about the Alliance since they'll inevitably be all buddy-buddy again soon. No one is even considering an Alliance leader going evil (but what if they do?).
Genn's still loyal to Anduin and is only helping Tyrande because he owes the night elves a debt. After Tyrande's ascension he leaves Gilnean forces behind as support, but he goes with Anduin and leads the attack on Dazar'alor.

Jaina > all
11/12/2018 01:39 AMPosted by Angrim
When Stormwind concedes leadership to Ironforge and the dwarves become the rightful head of the Alliance.

Actually that would be a good idea since the young king has no training in military strategy. The funny thing is the alliance would be stronger if the defias did take over. Edwin Vancleef and Vanessa VanCleef would have been better leaders.

Agreed. Drustvar was good but has nothing to do with the overall story of BFA. Stormsong was just a hodgepodge collection of sidequest hubs. Then you had the, whatever the other zone was called, which was just 'meh' overall had some pirate stuff going on and a bunch of boring following that new girl around.

The Jaina storyline was a total of about 5 mins of nothing. It started out good with her return to Kul Tiras but then Blizz completely dropped the story off a cliff face never to be seen again till you completed all the other zones. Then instead of giving her a real redemption arc they just swept all of her past under the rug and made her Lord Admiral out of nowhere with no explanation at all. Just a really crappy way to end her story. Jaina deserved a better effort than that.

BFA Alliance questing is probably the blandest I've seen since TBC.
Blizzard: "Alliance. Who the Hell are the 'Alliance?' Never heard of that before, anyway let's talk about the Horde more."
11/12/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Moonfalls

Agreed. Drustvar was good but has nothing to do with the overall story of BFA. Stormsong was just a hodgepodge collection of sidequest hubs. Then you had the, whatever the other zone was called, which was just 'meh' overall had some pirate stuff going on and a bunch of boring following that new girl around.

The Jaina storyline was a total of about 5 mins of nothing. It started out good with her return to Kul Tiras but then Blizz completely dropped the story off a cliff face never to be seen again till you completed all the other zones. Then instead of giving her a real redemption arc they just swept all of her past under the rug and made her Lord Admiral out of nowhere with no explanation at all. Just a really crappy way to end her story. Jaina deserved a better effort than that.

I saw Drustvar and Stormsong as cleaning up the mess left by Momma Proudmoore while Jaina was recovering from her time in prison.
11/12/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Moonfalls

Yall would whine about everything, wouldn't you? You haven't had to cycle through warchiefs like they were toilet paper like we have. Grow up. There's alliance bias everywhere.
11/12/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Bokazgrum
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yall would whine about everything, wouldn't you? You haven't had to cycle through warchiefs like they were toilet paper like we have. Grow up. There's alliance bias everywhere.

!@#$ I wish the Alliance would cycle through High Kings. It's completely asinine to believe that Draenei and Night Elves who have been around for thousands of years would follow a Human king, let alone a %^-*ing 18 year old boy! It's so dumb.

I wish Blizzard had the balls to appoint a none human High King to the throne, but they won't. I would love to see Anduin off'd, or dethroned and have Tyrande take up leading the Alliance, at the least during this war.
11/12/2018 01:39 AMPosted by Angrim
When Stormwind concedes leadership to Ironforge and the dwarves become the rightful head of the Alliance.

...Again. Like they were through Vanilla. And TBC, I think. But certainly Vanilla, when young Anduin Wrynn was king, and under the manipluations of a Black Dragon.
11/12/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Dardillien
11/12/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Bokazgrum

!@#$ I wish the Alliance would cycle through High Kings. It's completely asinine to believe that Draenei and Night Elves who have been around for thousands of years would follow a Human king, let alone a %^-*ing 18 year old boy! It's so dumb.

I wish Blizzard had the balls to appoint a none human High King to the throne, but they won't. I would love to see Anduin off'd, or dethroned and have Tyrande take up leading the Alliance, at the least during this war.

Totally. Velen should have been put in charge back in Legion. Heck even Genn would have been a better choice to lead the Alliance than some kid whose greatest achievement in life so far is mastering shaving.

Tyrande and the NE's should be threatening to leave the Alliance for good, maybe even looking to take the Draenei and Worgen with them. But nope, everyone just falls in line behind the "human potential" because reasons....

They will never follow up on something like this Alliance side though. Would require actual care and attention be given to the faction.