Sylvanas in Orgrimmar during early levels?

Story Forum
Hello, I have a newbie question for you concerning the lore of WoW and its development through the game.

I started playing casually WoW when Cataclysm came out (long time ago), and then stopped for a very long time. However, I just started playing again now that Battle of Azeroth came out.
I've never played an Horde character, so before starting to play I read about the general lore and history just to have an idea of the past and the present. In my mind, since I was playing with a brand new character (my tauren), when I arrived in Ogrimmar I was expecting to find one of the past warchief. With great surprise I found Sylvanas Windrunner in there. Why is she already there if I'm not even at the "burning crusade" point (I just entered Ogrimmar for the very first time).
I thought that playing from the beginning would have allowed me to go through the history of the game (experiencing the changes through the levels, from the geographic ones to the changes in the ruler position), but instead it seems l was completely wrong. Does it mean I will play trough a "static" storyline all the way to the end?
Thanks.
faction leaders are a special case, so you will find in there the current warchief.

is something that is there for gameplay.
this can be confusing, but don't pay too much attention to it.
because the story of the zones are still connected to their current patch.

so from 0-60 you will see the story of cata
but from 60-70 BC
70-80 Lich king
85-85 cata again.
ect.
11/13/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Etheldald
faction leaders are a special case, so you will find in there the current warchief.

but from 60-70 BC
70-80 Lich king
85-85 cata again.
ect.

Then I have another question. What happens if I reach level 60 before "finishing" the classic storyline? Will the Burning crusade storyline kick in immediately or I'll be able to go through the entire classic storyline anyway before starting the burning crusade one?
Sorry for these dumb questions, but I would like to experience the game as much as possible, without taking any shortcut.
11/13/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Kabaliatos
11/13/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Etheldald

but from 60-70 BC
70-80 Lich king
85-85 cata again.
ect.

Then I have another question. What happens if I reach level 60 before "finishing" the classic storyline? Will the Burning crusade storyline kick in immediately or I'll be able to go through the entire classic storyline anyway before starting the burning crusade one?
Sorry for these dumb questions, but I would like to experience the game as much as possible, without taking any shortcut.

Ok... so what I am about to say will be INCREDIBLY confusing...

But the old world was changed with cayaclysm and the world reflects that in some of the quests, sure they deal with a lot of fallout from classic quest lines and make references to it, but technically they're still cataclysm Era lore, save for a few edits that have been made since then.

The BC Era is not changed like cataclysm was, however, Outland still acts like BC is currently happening and WOTLK is yet to begin (and yes, the BC storyline technically starts when you go to outland, so you can stay and finish up the old world quests if you want.

Northern is the same way, unchanged by Cata

After that though, you will go back to Catas story AGAIN, going to a few specific zones in th EK and Kalimdor, and the elemental plane of earth.

After that, mop, then WoD, then legion, then BFA

God help you if you're a Worgen DK