Spriest big aoe pulls

Priest
Is there a pull size that would make it worth only dotting during voidform, so you can drop it fast as possible to get the damage burst of activating it again?
Why its damage burst is going to be less total damage than the dots.

But over 6 mobs just mindsear and void eruption unless they are going to be up for a while.
11/13/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Norezfou

Definitely not on a big enough pull, and youd still be applying dots. If you read my question.
https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/shadow-priest-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

See the info in the link above for 1-9 targets. Once you hit 10 it is all about channeling Mind Sear (assuming all 10 are being hit).

10+ is sear, VE, SC, and SF only.
11/13/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Hapablap
11/13/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Norezfou

Definitely not on a big enough pull, and youd still be applying dots. If you read my question.

On a pull when you can hit 10+ targets you will only be using aoe spells (aka sear and VE and aoe talents). You quesition makes the false assumption that on the largest of aoe pulls you should be applying dots. The break point of it not being worth it is around 10 based on sims I have seen. 10 stacked mobs is rather uncommon so if you apply dots all the time it is fine most of the time.
11/13/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Dovapriest
You quesition makes the false assumption that on the largest of aoe pulls you should be applying dots.

No, you guys seem to be having trouble understanding my question. Essentially I'm asking if its worth losing void form as fast as possible in order get it back up again for the damage burst. The reason you'd be dotting is because youre dont want to generate much insanity. Not because I'm somehow unaware of Icyveins.
11/13/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Hapablap
You quesition makes the false assumption that on the largest of aoe pulls you should be applying dots.

No, you guys seem to be having trouble understanding my question. Essentially I'm asking if its worth losing void form as fast as possible in order get it back up again for the damage burst. The reason you'd be dotting is because youre dont want to generate much insanity. Not because I'm somehow unaware of Icyveins.

If you’re asking if it’s worth just /afking after erupting til you’re out of voidform, no. It’s a matter of whether it’s worth it to just SWP, just mind sear, or VT and SWP
11/13/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Hapablap

I get that VE seems great since its burst damage but its also one of your lowest sources of damage. Its never worth dropping form as fast as you can just to pop it again.