Azerite Armor

General Discussion
Was Azerite Armor done correctly to you or no? Personally, i thought the armor would make me a super awesome badass with cool abilities, but no i just got a few bonus abilities and stat changes/ increases.
Artifacts gave active abilities and made my existing abilities more powerful.

Legendaries made my playstyle and rotation change up.

Azerite traits just provide empty, passive bonuses and don't affect gameplay.
No they do nothing to replace teir sets an they do nothing to replace artifact weapons.
This has been discussed to death. Azerite armor is underwhelming at best.
11/13/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Flappydrood

wasnt here for the discussions =P
11/13/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Flappydrood

An it will keep be discussed until blizzard fixes it an so far 8.1 is a bandaid.
Just let this horse die. Azerite armor is here to stay until the next expansion. It sucks. It's underwhelming. It's one of the biggest flops (amongst many) of BfA.

Hopefully, Blizzard will go back to what's worked in the past and stop doubling down on stupid.
11/13/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Trianos
Was Azerite Armor done correctly to you or no? Personally, i thought the armor would make me a super awesome badass with cool abilities, but no i just got a few bonus abilities and stat changes/ increases.
Azerite armor is one of the big fails of BfA right now.

It was implemented very poorly.

It has potential. That potential has not been realized.

Especially when you compare what it replaced (tier sets, legendary items, and in some cases artifact weapon abilities). When you compare to what we had in Legion, it feels hollow, empty, devoid of excitement. And it's definitely suffering from how it operates with ilvl inflation. Having higher ilvls of the same item, but then have that item be worse because you can't unlock the abilities because your HoA isn't high enough feels like junk. And there is also the fact that your stuff doesn't just swap at a change of spec like tier did, you have to farm multiple pieces.

Overall, just a lot of negatives for how they went about this.

It can be salvaged I think. But they have to really rethink how they went about it.
Azerite Armor
___________ __________ ________
\___outlaw__\____Sin____\___Sub__\__________

Should be seen on the top in your armor window. Choose the skills for each spec you want to play. Yes people would still re-forge, only less often.

They complain that doing it this way blows past the point they where trying to make. Which was to make a meaningful choice. But adding more Azerite armor also blows past the point they where trying to make. However now it makes us keep 6 armor pieces in our bags and swap back and forth. That is childish and spiteful. There is no need to punish us because we didn't like your idea and did not agree with it.

Would anyone like to buy shares of my new Azerite toilet paper company. Smooth and gentle healing with each wipe!
11/13/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Enekie
Artifacts gave active abilities and made my existing abilities more powerful.

Legendaries made my playstyle and rotation change up.

Azerite traits just provide empty, passive bonuses and don't affect gameplay.
Sadly, I agree with this assessment.
Azerite Armor seems like a secondary system. Equip and forget.
No they are just a vain attempt to tip toe around the issue that removing and pruning of class abilities was a bad decision, and the reduction of the talent trees was also, a bad choice. The artifact and AZ system only serve to add in more talent rows with out actually adding them in. For example, there is no reason why for warriors, our outer ring should not make up a new talent row, Lord of war, Test of Might, and Seismic wave, should be on a single talent row that we pick.

The entire system is broken, and blizzard did not listen to the beta testers telling them this. I have been playing this game since classic non stop and i can tell you right now, i have NEVER found it more difficult to equip a new piece of gear then currently in the game, and AZ is one of the main culprits. For a while there, until archive was buffed and ToM was nerfed, i had a 370 set of shoulders just sitting in my bag because my 340 were vastly superior to them. I have multiple 370 rings in my bags but because of the GCD putting such a priority on haste, i can not remove my 340 ring that has haste.

Az Gear is not the only problem, gear and itemization as a whole is outta wack this exp, but the AZ system is definitely not helping the matter, especially because it does not have secondary stats.
im enjoying messing with it. except having the neck attached to it.
The ONLY thing I dislike about Azerite armor is that the trait levels are too high. The should all reduced by half so you can much more easily mac them out and then HAVE FUN rolling alts.
The problem with azerite gear, is its initial stages.

It's rough, to many passive affects we don't notice, however a few gems exist.

8.1, however has a lot of very good, gameplay changing, very frankly smooth feeling traits, which vastly improves the feel of the system.

In all honesty, if the 8.1 row and set was included on launch, the system would have a lot less negativity directed at it.

Luckily for us, after we survive this boring initial stage, the system has great potential to become amazing, they just need to continue the style of 8.1, and improve on it for 8.2, as a system like this, if done correctly, will only get better, which judging by 8.1, they are in fact, going to be doing it just that way.
Wrong Revlol...the problem with azerite gear is azerite gear. Ian always says they don't force us to do anything yet we are forced to grind azerite power on a neck piece to unlock abilities on gear that are utter garbage.

I'd much rather have tier sets and neck/weapon drops and eliminate this 'artifact/azerite" beta testing. The artifact had some cool transmogs and empowered some abilities but they could have created quests to empower those abilities and not have the artifact. Azerite gear will get improved in future patches but the devs could have spent time on fixing other problems or creating better content than implementing gear no one wanted even in beta.

The problem is 8.1 should have been what we received on release of "beta for azeroth." They could have spent time on expanding the garrison or class hall into future expansions or implementing MOP rep grinds for people with alts or bring back reforging.
11/13/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Revlol
The problem with azerite gear, is its initial stages.

It's rough, to many passive affects we don't notice, however a few gems exist.

8.1, however has a lot of very good, gameplay changing, very frankly smooth feeling traits, which vastly improves the feel of the system.

In all honesty, if the 8.1 row and set was included on launch, the system would have a lot less negativity directed at it.

Luckily for us, after we survive this boring initial stage, the system has great potential to become amazing, they just need to continue the style of 8.1, and improve on it for 8.2, as a system like this, if done correctly, will only get better, which judging by 8.1, they are in fact, going to be doing it just that way.
lots loose interest in this game pretty quick so they will never see if it even becomes good at all alot will done quit. i just want stats back tired of struggling trying to get or keep what i want. the whole ilvl thing didn't work out either cause yoou just can't take some stuff off cause lack of stats. i'm pretty much just going to cruise control thru this expac hoping they actually learn something. cause legion didn't teach them nothing, member when legendaries were crap at release or ap maxed out and everyone crying i can't keep up lol. or for that matter specs getting total reworks which bfa is kind of doing in 8.1. they learnt nothing and keep making the same mistakes over and over why hasn't this bs been fixed? all i want to know ion!!!