Blizzard doesn’t want people to do M+ this week

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Why would you intentionally make it so people don’t wanna do your content for a whole week?

edit: make it whole couple of weeks

It sucks I won’t have anything to do in this game outside of 3 raid days for next 2 weeks. Last week I ran mythic plus every night
What do you mean?
11/13/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Stonebody
What do you mean?

The affixes blow
It is pretty silly this week. Great for those 1k + or MDI people, common folk.. naw.. pass.
Sad..
just sad
11/13/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Satuza
What do you mean?

The affixes blow

This is a massive understatement.

Im ok with very difficult content but it should all be relative to the reward.

Its so bad right now that you can subtract 4 from your highest key stones completed last week and that will be your absolute best for this week. This is extremely punishing for absolutely no reason other than pure negligence.
it's not that bad. just don't pull multiple packs

you have to adjust how you pull the dungeons for the affixes, that's kind of the point.
I just checked the affixes... jesus christ why????

More adds from Teeming.
Explosive orbs that spawn based on the amount of adds pulled.
All the adds have increased health due to Fortified.
11/13/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Annastasi

you have to adjust how you pull the dungeons for the affixes, that's kind of the point.

This is coming from someone who never completed a Mythic + dungeon ever.

Even pulling a single pack can result in a wipe at any level. Please don't spread ignorance here, there is far too much of it.
11/13/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Vaethos
11/13/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Annastasi

Even pulling a single pack can result in a wipe at any level. Please don't spread ignorance here, there is far too much of it.

yea. I don't run m+ on the forum posting pet charm farmer. News at 11.

is it a great affix combo? no. Is it the end of the world and people guaranteed to not get keys done this week? no.
11/13/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Annastasi
11/13/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Vaethos

Oh please post on your main that is so amazing.
11/13/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Vaethos
11/13/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Annastasi

news flash: that is his main
If you find things too difficult you can always do lower keys until you feel comfortable enough to try the higher ones.

Easier difficulties exist for a reason.
What do you mean?

Fortified+Teeming+Explosive all 3 of these are quite cancerous when brought together. Ultimate pug killer in fact.
Just did an 11 freehold about 10 minutes over time..yes it isnt as easy as last week but you will want to assign someone for orbs and you need to pull mobs away from trapped ghuun adds as to not worry about damage from orbs i beleive range is 60 yards. Just takes practice
11/13/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Maryine
If you find things too difficult you can always do lower keys until you feel comfortable enough to try the higher ones.

Anyone can tell that this week's affixes are a stupid difficulty spike.
Then again, last week's were pretty easy so I guess it balances out.
I

11/13/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Langly
11/13/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Vaethos

news flash: that is his main

I commend you for stepping up but this main does to add validity to your claims. You've never completed a key on time ever. You're not even a tank so the idea you know pulls is even more far fetched.
Orbs aren't that difficult. I can solo most of them as a tank so that our dps can focus on killing the trash. It's usually just when we get several orbs at once or when I have to kite that I ask for help with orbs.

But yeah, done with one for any fort + teeming weeks.
11/13/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Maryine

Yes, but the talking point here is that people who can clearly do the higher keys, let's just say 10 in this case, will have difficulty doing 7s this week in the same dungeons because the affixes are infinitely harder this week.

Affixes should affect how you approach the dungeon, but they shouldn't have notably different levels of overall difficulty compared to other possible combinations.

There's a few options here.

1) Nerf some of the commonly troublesome affixes. Fortified is generally too impactful for a +2 Affix (it was fine at +10), Explosive shouldn't be triggering as often from mass packs that can't be pulled separately or from adds summoned by a boss, and so on.

2) Restrict some affix combinations. Teeming should never pair with Explosive. Bolstering should never pair with Fortified. Quaking, Sanguine, Volcanic, Raging, Grievous, and even Bursting are all decent generic affixes that could potentially be swapped in and out depending on the other affixes. No need to keep them confined to their "affix tier".

3) Alter the amount of time given to complete individual dungeons based on the affixes that are active for that week. If we have to deal with, for example, Bolstering and Fortified, or Teeming in general, the TTK each pack is going to be notably longer than normal and compared to other more generic affixes like.. Sanguine and Grievous. The increased difficulty is still present thanks to the extra buffs on the mobs, but the allowed time should be increased since those affixes directly increase the time it will take.
11/13/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Anestarian
Just did an 11 freehold about 10 minutes over time..yes it isnt as easy as last week but you will want to assign someone for orbs and you need to pull mobs away from trapped ghuun adds as to not worry about damage from orbs i beleive range is 60 yards. Just takes practice

It's definitely doable IF people know how to handle these modifiers. Generally this is a huge risk for pugs. This combo is the ultimate pug killer.

If I can get my guild to run one with me this week I will but I'm not pugging this week. Oh hell no!