Why are Arator's eyes Golden?

General Discussion
Before Arator's eyes were blue. He is a half elf so that made sense. But now they are golden....that doesn't make sense. Does it?

He's not bloodelf....his mom was HIgh elven..and his dad Human.. Unless this is a result of him being a Paladin I guess...I dunno just seems odd. I mean if he had green eyes before...but they were blue.
The golden eyes are a result of drawing energy from the Sunwell, which is currently a font of holy energy, and would be particularly potent in those who call upon it for the Light.

Even high elves draw from the Sunwell, and have since BC. It wouldn't be unreasonable for them to start having golden eyes, too.
11/13/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Luesarim
Before Arator's eyes were blue. He is a half elf so that made sense. But now they are golden....that doesn't make sense. Does it?

He's not bloodelf....his mom was HIgh elven..and his dad Human.. Unless this is a result of him being a Paladin I guess...I dunno just seems odd. I mean if he had green eyes before...but they were blue.
I'm going to go with that the Gold hue doens't have anything to do with being an Elf but rather the amount of Light that the body has absorbed.

Please see Lightforged.
Maybe he just felt like it? I don't know if it was ever explained exactly how it works from an in-character perspective.
Because he is a Paladin.

Like, Order Hall companion hero and everything.

He wields the Holy Light. That plus his half-elven heritage equals golden eye-glow.
I don't know. He had blue eyes last time I saw him. Not sure what happened. Those Elves are so volatile and prone to magic mutations.
it means that he wants to be just like legolas.
11/13/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Airc
I don't know. He had blue eyes last time I saw him. Not sure what happened. Those Elves are so volatile and prone to magic mutations.

Well, we do love our magic.
11/13/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Fransizka
The golden eyes are a result of drawing energy from the Sunwell, which is currently a font of holy energy, and would be particularly potent in those who call upon it for the Light.

Even high elves draw from the Sunwell, and have since BC. It wouldn't be unreasonable for them to start having golden eyes, too.

Exactly this. Lore wise there is no longer any physical distinction between most Blood and High Elves.
Do half Elves tap into the well the same way as normal thalassian Elves?
11/13/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Sigmar
Do half Elves tap into the well the same way as normal thalassian Elves?

Based on Arator's physical change, I would say yes.
The poor boy is going through puberty, mock him not. Let him explore the very fiber of his being, touch himself and change his eye colours. It's an essential phase of becoming a man.

/tentacleflip
His eyes have changed a vast number of times. They were green then were blue, back to green then turquoise and now golden.

Also, powerful Paladins can have Golden eyes lore wise - like his Father Turalyon in WC2.