Logical View on Sharding

Classic Discussion
If people want to play, they will play.
If people can't handle launch, they will come back later.
If people don't come back, they never wanted to play.

The theory is that:
Sharding is meant for tourists.

The truth is:
Blizzard is afraid that they won't be able to host as many people in one zone as they are hoping.

Summary:
If Blizzard can't handle more than 200 people in 1 zone without the game crashing then they should cancel the project and turn Vanilla into abandonware because they are wasting time.

I am expecting some lag on launch, every initial launch of an expansion in the past has had lag. It's normal.

I'm afraid of not finding mobs!
After about 2 days the questing bubble will pop. Either...

Wait.
Group with people.
Do cooking/fishing.
Make a bank alt.
Travel for FPs/Explore exp.

Quest item objects won't re-spawn fast enough!
If you see 10 people sitting around a object waiting for it to respawn then just go and kill mobs. You will level faster than them anyhow. Check back later, if it's not happening then skip it.

I can't get the tag on this named mob!
Just go and kill mobs. You will level faster than them anyhow. Check back later, if it's not happening then skip it.

I can't get ore or herbs! Too many people!
Just level and come back later, no rush. You got an eternity.
Having played pserver launches with various populations, I can say that overcrowding is only an issue when server population is above the vanilla cap. I play a launch that had ~3k and it only took a few hours for players to spread out.

If crowding is bad enough to need sharding, sharding the starting zo won't be enough.

Tourists won't contribute to crowding. Crowding is casued by the server cap. The problem tourist introduce is filling up servers and then leaving.
...If people don't come back, they never wanted to play...

Or, if they don't come back it's because they didn't receive the product they wanted and thought they were getting.

Your opening statement can really be read as pro or anti sharding. I assume you are against it. The thing that bothers me is that activision blizzard is in a can't lose scenario here sort of. I mean obviously if classic fails it'll be a financial loss, but even if it's because they bungled it completely through sharding or any other means they can say "see, we told you you didn't really want classic WoW." If it's successful they can say "See, we told you sharding wouldn't ruin it for people. Look how well it's doing." Either way, us 'toxic #no-changes community' will be to blame for anything negative and activisioin blizzard are the benevolent ones who just did their best to please us
I thought we were all older now with jobs kids and spouses? Now suddenly we're all gonna break out the hot pockets and empty bottles?

The game will still exist if you work that weekend. And most the youngsters will sleep in till 10 anyway.
11/13/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Cybertilded
I can't get ore or herbs! Too many people!
Just level and come back later, no rush. You got an eternity.

True, you can farm copper in barrens or westfall if you can't do that in durotar or elwynn forest. Dead mines is an instance a higher level could farm ore at if there was not enough ore nods available.

11/13/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Proxy
Either way, us 'toxic #no-changes community' will be to blame for anything negative and activisioin blizzard are the benevolent ones who just did their best to please us

Yep toxic activision blizzard seems to be creating this type of situation, where they are right no matter what.
11/13/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Skjaldbjorn
Having played pserver launches with various populations, I can say that overcrowding is only an issue when server population is above the vanilla cap. I play a launch that had ~3k and it only took a few hours for players to spread out.

If crowding is bad enough to need sharding, sharding the starting zo won't be enough.

Tourists won't contribute to crowding. Crowding is casued by the server cap. The problem tourist introduce is filling up servers and then leaving.

Having a separate box price would actually reduce early crowding. It could become cheaper or free over a year down the road if there is a population drop.
Either way, us 'toxic #no-changes community' will be to blame for anything negative

And this is wrong, how?
11/14/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Azerothinian
Either way, us 'toxic #no-changes community' will be to blame for anything negative

And this is wrong, how?

It is trying to cater to those with an instant gratification, convenience oriented mindset that is so prevalent in retail these days that has brought us to this point with Blizzard adding sharding, loot sharing, etc.

It is not those who have a much more Classic mindset and who want a truer Classic experience.

But, you already know that.
11/14/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Ratsmats
instant gratification, convenience oriented mindset

That's a better mindset than those that attack people with that mindset.

11/14/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Natiari
11/14/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Ratsmats
instant gratification, convenience oriented mindset

That's a better mindset than those that attack people with that mindset.

Everyday we saw the same threads for months on end. No one actually read anything on the forum. They would come, ask for changes, get then explained to them, they would bicker and report people eventually just saying no and leave and try again 2 weeks later.

Classic didn't make me toxic.
BFA didn't make me toxic.

The people coming here and repeating the same threads again and again did. I am sick of explaining things that are common sense.

The time for debates is over.