"this app can't run on your pc"

Technical Support
Cannot download game client, "this app can't run on your pc" I've been trying everything I can think of and then some... I've tried everything I see on forum's from previous issues like this people have had and nothing is working.
I do get a message that says windows defender protected your PC and when I click run anyways it gives me that "this app can't run on your pc" and im not even sure the DL is all the way done at the point im getting this error message. I've tried tunning off the anti virus and still get the same problem, still being protected some how. this all happened after I did a reset on computer
What version of windows do you have?
Have you tried running it as an administrator?
Are you using a system/administrator level account to install it?
What antivirus program are you running?
I have windows 10, and currently just using the windows defender that comes with it. and yes im using an admin account to download it.
i don't get an option to run as administrator for some reason but im using an administrator account, also I've created a new one restarted and tried again getting the same issue
Windows Defender seems to also act as a firewall.

Have you tried to "tell" the program to allow it to be installed?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-defender/
Marked As Solution
not sure what the issue was actually, support sent me a link that seemed to download the installer in like 30 seconds now the games installing and everythings good lmao... still no clue what the issue was but its working now thank you for the replys.
11/14/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Xtase
not sure what the issue was actually, support sent me a link that seemed to download the installer in like 30 seconds now the games installing and everythings good lmao... still no clue what the issue was but its working now thank you for the replys.

Always make sure when you download it's from a Legitimate Blizzard Site, its possible you searched and clicked one that brought you to a download that wasn't official and those are riddled with viruses and other nasty things. Please be careful.