Vicious War Mounts will be easier to get?

General Discussion
I heard that in the upcoming patch, Blizzard will implement a non-PVP and potentially easier method for players to earn the Vicious War Mounts. Is this true?

Of all the mounts I have been dying to get my hands on the Mechano Strider for my Gnome Alt.
Bump. Forums are very chatty at the moment.
Why would the implement a non-PVP way to get a PVP specific award?
11/14/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Argronak
I heard that in the upcoming patch, Blizzard will implement a non-PVP and potentially easier method for players to earn the Vicious War Mounts. Is this true?

Blizzard will implement a non-PVP

non-PVP

Step back for a moment, consider that the Vicious War Saddles are rewards for rated PvP content, and ask yourself..

Is this true?
Sorry I don't have an answer, but I for one would love this. I'm not really able to commit to PvP brackets and therefore can't get that beautiful skeletal warhorse. What ever makes it easier to get one, makes a happier Shadowfist.
While I wouldn't mind, I did get the wolf skin I wanted in the form of the Prestigious War Wolf which was previously locked behind rated PvP, so...all in all I don't really care either way.
No, it's not true. While it's true that they're going to be adding more ways to add the vicious saddle mounts, they will he from doing PvP related activities, maybe even from War Mode.

They're adding a brawl in a future patch that will be fighting against UI, but that's just a brawl, and you won't be able to obtain vicious saddle mounts from it.
Not true. A blue post from a while ago said that they wanted to bring back saddles or something in some way but don’t ever expect to get pvp rewards from not pvping with the exception of stuff like archavons vault in the past
11/14/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Tinúviel

Blizzard will implement a non-PVP

non-PVP

Step back for a moment, consider that the Vicious War Saddles are rewards for rated PvP content, and ask yourself..

Is this true?

That is why I asked this question.
11/14/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Alphon
No, it's not true. While it's true that they're going to be adding more ways to add the vicious saddle mounts, they will he from doing PvP related activities, maybe even from War Mode.

They're adding a brawl in a future patch that will be fighting against UI, but that's just a brawl, and you won't be able to obtain vicious saddle mounts from it.

So it will be PVP, but not exclusively from ranked/competitive PVP. As in casual PVPers will now get a chance to win a saddle?
I remember reading that they were changing the way some of the mounts from pvp were obtained.

Only caught my eye because the armored hippo mount is much cooler looking than that abomination they made from Warlords.
They do tend to get easier to get over time.

There was a time when the black war kitty was -very- hard to get.
11/14/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Argronak
11/14/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Alphon

So it will be PVP, but not exclusively from ranked/competitive PVP. As in casual PVPers will now get a chance to win a saddle?
Casual PvPers have always been able to get saddles. There was no required rating for them - you could do your 100 wins at 1000 rating if you really wanted to.
11/14/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Josey
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Casual PvPers have always been able to get saddles. There was no required rating for them - you could do your 100 wins at 1000 rating if you really wanted to.

So Rated Battlegrounds are not the Mythic Raids of PVP?
I loathe and despise all forms of rated pvp, even though pvp is the only reason I stay with this game. No other mmo can touch the fluidity, the battle grounds and general feel of awesomeness that is wow PvP.

That said, I'm a bg hero and love battle grounds. You used to be able to get PvP mounts with honor, and that was great. If they introduce saddle mounts through non-rated play, but still pvp, I would be all for it. Rated players already get the prestigious gladiator mounts anyway.

It is unlikely that saddle mounts will be obtainable via other means, other than rated play though.