How can I become a Lightforged Draenei?

General Discussion
Is there a way I can become a Lightforged Draenei without giving Blizzard more money? I just want cool looking tattoos and gold shoes and stuff.
unlock and lvl one then your only paying the 15$ a month you already do
As cool as it would be to choose as a standard draenei to go on a quest chain to become lightforged, I'm afraid that is not possible. You must either pay for a race change once you have unlocked the race, or level one up from scratch, the latter of which would unlock heritage armor for you.
1. Go to the Broken Isles.
2. Finish the Argus zone.
3. Do world quests until exalted.
4. Go to your embassy in Stormwind.
5. Do the short intro quest chain/scenario.
6. Profit!
Leveling a new character would not make me lightforged though. There is no free ritual in game to make a regular Draenei lightforged?

I am already exalted and all that.
11/14/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Krystalumi
Leveling a new character would not make me lightforged though. There is no free ritual in game to make a regular Draenei lightforged?

No, I'm afraid there isn't.
Embrace the light as I have embraced the void!!

If you're already exalted and have unlocked the race via the short quest chain at the embassy, you can then create a level 1 lightforged draenai at the character creation screen for no extra charge.

However, if you want to convert an existing character into a lightforged draenai your only option is a paid race change.
Think they're wistfully wishing for a way to unlock the Lightforged appearances on their existing draenei without paying for a race change.
As far as I'm aware you can't 'convert' a toon into one, you have to start from scratch with a new character or do a paid race change for your character (assuming paid race changes even give the option to change to allied races. Not sure on that one)

If you do go the race change route keep in mind light forged draenei don't offer all the same skin colors. They also have completely different horn styles as well, and completely separate from normal Draenei hair styles. I'm not sure about the faces
11/14/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Krystalumi
Is there a way I can become a Lightforged Draenei without giving Blizzard more money? I just want cool looking tattoos and gold shoes and stuff.

Tattoos....that are always covered up by armor.
Not worth it, man.
I'd level up a light forged draenei if I were you. You wont get the heritage armour if you race change to one.
Farm gold to buy a token to buy a race change.

RP that you are farming gold to donate to the Light's cause and that they reward you by making you lightforged.

Earn gold, buy tokens until you've amassed enough of a blizzard balance to then do a race change.

There's never been an in game way to change your race, why would you think there would be for this?

your brothers and sisters are different from you. They have been on argus for many years fighting the good fight.

And to be honest, their race intro scenario is cool as hell. IMO anyway. I like the initiate we help out.

Its like this with all races. Void elves are blood elves. they just lived on a world on the edge of the void. So they are different. Nightborne are night elves. Night elves who lived in a gilded cage for a long time so aren't country elves as they put it sometimes.
11/14/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Daemonizer
Tattoos....that are always covered up by armor.
Not worth it, man.
Mine aren't! The metallic gold ones on my back are even visible AND match my transmog so much so that it looks like it's part of the outfit.

Also, OP, I used my free boost I got with BfA for my lightforged. So no, I didn't pay for mine.