Vareesa Windrunner

General Discussion
11/15/2018 07:34 AMPosted by Hishy
Her raison d'être vanished when Knaak left. She could be playing a central role given how prominent her sisters are.

Maybe if she had become lightforged she could have fit into the narrative thematically at least.

I don't know if I agree with this, cause TBH after she stopped being a book only character and showed in WotLK is when she became more interesting, and TBH MoP has been the highlight of her characterization as a character of her own.

Not because she isn't being relevant right now means she won't be on the future, and Three Sisters left the window open with her reveal she thinks Blood Elves can be redeemed, so we have gone from hating Blood Elves to believing they can change.

PS: Not saying I agree with her posture on that, but that she has had a change of perspective where she doesn't want to give up on Blood Elves as kin, and that does open the door to a lot of opportunities.
11/15/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Talendrion
11/15/2018 07:34 AMPosted by Hishy
Her raison d'être vanished when Knaak left. She could be playing a central role given how prominent her sisters are.

Maybe if she had become lightforged she could have fit into the narrative thematically at least.

I don't know if I agree with this, cause TBH after she stopped being a book only character and showed in WotLK is when she became more interesting, and TBH MoP has been the highlight of her characterization as a character of her own.

Not because she isn't being relevant right now means she won't be on the future, and Three Sisters left the window open with her reveal she thinks Blood Elves can be redeemed, so we have gone from hating Blood Elves to believing they can change.

PS: Not saying I agree with her posture on that, but that she has had a change of perspective where she doesn't want to give up on Blood Elves as kin, and that does open the door to a lot of opportunities.

Hell I'd argue she's more interesting and has more depth than both Alleria and Sylvanas combined but that's just me.
Who?

;)
11/15/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Eleroleron
11/15/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Talendrion

Considering where Sylvanas ended up storywise, no wonder they didn't use Vereesa...

Or the more logical conclusion that she wasnt in the plans to begin with :P

She wasnt even added to the game until WoTLK and she was 'the new Alleria'.

Or Vereesa was just already too Alliance. Like I agree that Vereesa was mostly another version of Alleria, while Sylvanas herself was designed to be a contrast and it's hard they could have slotted Vereesa on that position given her connections.

Also why is a bad thing she wasn't added until WotLK? They brought her back when it made sense for her character to do so, I don't see how that's an issue.
11/15/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Talendrion
11/15/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Eleroleron

Or the more logical conclusion that she wasnt in the plans to begin with :P

She wasnt even added to the game until WoTLK and she was 'the new Alleria'.

Or Vereesa was just already too Alliance. Like I agree that Vereesa was mostly another version of Alleria, while Sylvanas herself was designed to be a contrast and it's hard they could have slotted Vereesa on that position given her connections.

Also why is a bad thing she wasn't added until WotLK? They brought her back when it made sense for her character to do so, I don't see how that's an issue.

Malfurion wasn't even added to the game formally until Cataclysm

I guess Malfurion was also created out of nowhere huh
11/15/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix
11/15/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Talendrion

Hell I'd argue she's more interesting and has more depth than both Alleria and Sylvanas combined but that's just me.

Eh, I'd say she is plenty complex, but we can't just say she has had nearly as enough development as her sisters do, but I do agree that her own narrative has a lot of potential that neither Sylvanas and Alleria actually have. She just needs more actual time spent on her to get to that potential depth.

Sylvanas characterization in one hand is a mess, and while agree that Alleria is "thinner" character wise, she has been pretty consistent, which really translates to a more cohesive whole and what I consider to be a character with a strong identity because of how solely ruled by her convictions she is. I like her a lot in the way she is a doer.