Are people trolling the BFA metacritic ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
I don't ever really believe metacritic because of how easily the system is abused.

If its fun for you, then that is all that matters.

If the game stops being fun stop playing it.
what is metacritic?
10/06/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Aloeth
Metacritic has game reviews?

Yeah, there have been video game reviews there for a quite some time.
If you go read the other forum post on ‘how would you rate all the xpacs’ BFA comes out right at the bottom. So to say Metacritic is bombarded with low scores....so is the WoW forums when asked the same question. Using my Sherlock Holmes powers of deduction and also my personal experience with BFA....all the data points to BFA being a low quality low scoring product....maybe even a 3.3.
10/06/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Bearpunch
BFA is easily the worst expansion WoW has ever had. I don't know what that means in a numeric value. A 3 seems actually pretty fair for how bad it is in relation to every expansion before it.

Sounds like you started in Legion.
I give it a 5/10 personally.... Some things are good but theres alot of disapointment so far.
10/06/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Iskandi
Its called bandwagoning a site by using the Occupy tactic. A group of mouthy loud people that want to ruin it for everyone.

Also what kind of society do we live in where people have other people to tell them what to think and feel? This is some scary stuff i see in this generation and society, man its like everyone is a cloned sheep.

The point of the reviews isint to tell people what to think, it's to let people know you are PROBABLY going to be disappointed if you buy it. Same thing with negative steam reviews, I'm not going to waste my money on a game with bad reviews when there are plenty with good reviews I'll probably like more.
3.3 seems a bit high.
Its called bandwagoning a site by using the Occupy tactic. A group of mouthy loud people that want to ruin it for everyone.

Also what kind of society do we live in where people have other people to tell them what to think and feel? This is some scary stuff i see in this generation and society, man its like everyone is a cloned sheep.

The dissonance amuses me.
Review bombs are a thing to get devs and company to notice, and usually it will always hurt the game if they just ignore it.

Lot of games owned by a stubborn company would say that's that and won't change. And when a review bombs happen, they change their tune pretty fast on their stances. Just like how GTAV had a huge crack down on a single player mod was quickly reversed when people review bombed it.

If this review bombing does anything i hope it should atleast get them to wake up from their denial with the games problems.
10/07/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Rosainne
Review bombs are a thing to get devs and company to notice, and usually it will always hurt the game if they just ignore it.

Lot of games owned by a stubborn company would say that's that and won't change. And when a review bombs happen, they change their tune pretty fast on their stances. Just like how GTAV had a huge crack down on a single player mod was quickly reversed when people review bombed it.

People forget that the loudest critics tend to be huge fans of what they criticize, I criticize the game because I love it and want it to be better, and if the only thing the devs heard from the players was unmitigated praise, they wouldn't know what aspects of the game people like and dislike.

Imagine if the devs thought azerite armor was a smash hit and players wanted it forever.
Gonna be real with you here...

I like what Blizzard has been doing with this expansion for the most part, but it's hard to deny that this game is very out dated.

Worse, there are things Blizzard could change/add to the game but don't want to.

Overall they are going in the right direction, but for the average gamer -- this is a PS2-era joke.

WoW 2 needs to happen, and Blizzard knows it.
10/07/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Draile

I like what Blizzard has been doing with this expansion for the most part, but it's hard to deny that this game is very out dated.

Worse, there are things Blizzard could change/add to the game but don't want to.

Overall they are going in the right direction, but for the average gamer -- this is a PS2-era joke.

I have to agree with this. WoW is old, its been refreshed so many times. It just dosent have the huge omg this is awesome impact anymore. Its kinda like still playing forza 1 but they keep adding new tracks....after 10+ years no amount of new tracks is gonna change that its still forza 1. Gamers have grown, new massive triple AAA Titles that spoil the gamer and raise the bar again and again. Blizz should let wow go and move ahead to a brighter future.
Time has had the biggest impact on WoW than any damaging negative feedback could do.
10 years ago BFA would have recieved much higher ratings, because it would have been pushing the mmo genre forward. Today this is not the case. It dosent live up to the year 2018 gamers expectations.

I don't know, you tell me. It's a standard propaganda strategy to accuse others of doing exactly what you yourself are doing in order to deflect attention from your agenda and the methods you are using to achieve it.
10/06/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Aeschaa
People troll ratings all the time by giving 0's when they are angry or disappointed. Very, very few games legit deserve a 0.
sorry been a lot of stinkers in video games over the years resulting in you better rent from the video store first. E.T from Atari started that dung, it was so bad Atari had to use a landfill for it.

what exactly would wow 2 bring to the table? wow 2 would reset your level to 1, it would get rid of all your gold, all of your mounts and toys, all your achievements, etc. there is nothing wow 2 could do that would be better than what wow 1 can do aside from graphics and we willing played with blocky characters for years. heck, goblins and worgens still do in some cases.

i'd really love this mentality explained to me because this just sounds like a way to waste of butt ton of money and kill wow 1 in the process.

The thing is, to make me happy would be to go back to more simple times.
And learn from there.
A WoW 2, under the current Devs for me is a Nope Not going to bother. Game would be awful :P
Just look at the squish, its taken them like 5 mins to start making the same mistakes again.
Azarite is a joke, They should have seen that coming a mile away. But they needed there endless grind, So it had to happen.
10/07/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Kagh
3.3 seems a bit high.

Agreed. I would downgrade that to 3.2.
Do you even need proof of playing BfA to vote on metacritic?
Well out of ten voting systems on the internet are pretty much a farce.

Most people take the attitude that their opinion is more important than anyone elses so will make a polarised vote at one or other extreme simply to tilt the average further towards where they think the result should be.

Really might as well just have a simple up vote/down vote.

A score of 3.3 really implies that there are three haters for every supporter among the people who bother to visit the site. And given that most of the people who bother to visit metacritic are only there to review-bomb it, the outcome is about what I would have expected.