How is Zeal?

Arenas
I know it’s in pre alpha but has anyone tried it yet?

From what I understand it’s like wow arena but without having to gear up or do pointless rep grinds.

Major difference is ranged attacks are aimed and not locked on like wow targeting.
It has potential, but as you said its still pre-alpha. It makes me think of wow arenas mixed with dark souls.
No pve leveling or grinding. 7 out of the 15 classes are in the game now. You choose your abilities, and passives, and put points in what stats you want. So far there's 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3. Going to add a 6 man DM arena later.
There still are of course bugs. Plus it is a prealpha game. So who knows what will happen.
The biggest thing it has over WoW right now. The devs are in discord. They discuss class balance and game ideas with the players.
If Zeal can get a decent following it could possibly become the esport that wow arena wanted to be. The potential is there so far.
If you try it dont judge it compared to wow just yet. There's still a good amount of work to be done and a year before retail release.

Edit: As you said there's 0 tab targetting. Plus no having to stand still and cast. All casts can be done while kiting. The pace of combat could be increased a little its about as fast as wow is. However with having to aim the pace may need to stay as it is with having to take individual MS into consideration.
Interesting, also free.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMBGQE2jT34

Latest video from their yt channel, I've played for over 120 hrs and I do like it a lot. It certainly isn't a game that gets everything right, but it's a breath of fresh air from all the current arena games that are available rn. I really only played WoW for the PvP, and I prefer Zeal combat over WoW combat, directional combat is something I like a lot more than tab targeting and casting a rotation of spells.

*edit: IDK how to hyperlink text, so copy paste i guess
Glad I saw this post, because I went and played it.

I enjoy it. There are some issues with it, but it seems like it could have potential.

In no way do I think it'll overtake WoW, but I do think once it's done it'll be an excellent alternative or something to play with (hopefully) a healthy amount of people playing.
Considering its being developed by three men and in pre-alpha stage i think that game looks very amazing.

I think it has solo Q also. which is good for people like me who dont have friends who play games.
10/22/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Broggar
Considering its being developed by three men and in pre-alpha stage i think that game looks very amazing.

I think it has solo Q also. which is good for people like me who dont have friends who play games.

It does, and a 1v1.
garbage
It’s in pre-alpha with 3 people developing it. That’s pretty nuts that it’s only 3 people.
movement needs work but tbh its pretty fun for what it is. im hoping it catches an investors (not a publishers) eye and they can make mmorpg pvp great again.
They're updating making new changes each day.
bump, kickstarter for zeal just went live

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/558841808/zeal-first-action-rpg-without-grinding/description
stop shilling your poo "game"
10/26/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Mordredxyz
yeah tbh, I played it for 6 hours and hit 2450 on judicator. Unbalanced af, I Apparently just made the "right" choice.

It does have solo q tho, which I would love.
Guess since locks are dead, maybe I’ll give this a whirl
10/26/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Mordredxyz

Not my game, just shining light on some people who are trying to make an arena game. It’s in pre alpha and all the classes aren’t even in the game yet. With a lot of work this game could show others what we here in the arena forums already know. That arena = life.

Maybe this will inspire other arena games and one day we can stop paying blizzard to beta test the pvp aspect of the game after it goes live.
why do i feel like the makers of this game are the makers of this thread? looks aight tho tbh
It doesn't have fire mage so it is automatically better than wow.
10/27/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Goobysnacks
why do i feel like the makers of this game are the makers of this thread? looks aight tho tbh

I am not the maker of this game. I am the un-maker of wow.