G;Huun Strategy Help

Warlock
I keep getting into group expecting me to know what to do with G'Huun (demonic gateway aka a power ive never used) so, I need to KNOW what to do with G'Huun.

Could someone explain step-by-step or point me in the direction of a good guide?
before the pull set up a gateway on one of the sides, typically best to ask which side the group prefers, and set it up a step or two from where the orb spawns. make sure it goes as far as possible down the hall. most of the particular stuff varies from group to group and what classes are running the orbs but thats a good starting point, any changes they want they should vocalize before the next pull. just don't die or it despawns
Place portal where orb spawns, going down the hallway at max distance.

The exact location varies between group and runner, so I usually just place it where ever and then ask "Hey this good?" and move it if they want.
Hey Mate

The above is half the information, Warlocks can solo carry the orbs.
In Phase 1 of Ghunn damage does not matter.

Step 1: Pre Fight
Set up Gateway as per above.
Ensure you are talented into Burning Rush.

Step 2: On Full
Follow the 1st Orb Carrier/Orb Group (Goggle Fight and running Orbs to watch)
DO NOT TOUCH THE ORB.
Set your Individual Portal where you need to drop the orb in the machine.

You will not solo carry the 3rd orb in Phase 1 of the fight.
Burning Rush, Collect Orb, Gate, Run with Burning Rush, Teleport and throw Orb into Machine.
10/10/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Blythyie
Hey Mate

DO NOT TOUCH THE ORB.

Burning Rush, Collect Orb, Gate, Run with Burning Rush, Teleport and throw Orb into Machine.

So basically we are just to help keep the webbing off the ground for others and use demise to heal ourselves while they use our portal to get that boost. So we carry the final orb ourselves right? I have googled for videos and it doesn't show much. It would be really nice to have a better info pack out there for this fight, but EVERYONE needs a lock in PUGs, but I am too afraid to screw it up.

so do we stay up top until 3 orbs happen and G'huun comes out?
you also avoid the dot debuff if you are uptop so i will usually sit up there on my warlock keeping agony on the pustules to help the runners and also giving me more shards to dump into G'huun. You get a worse looking parse like this, but you are doing a lot to help your raid.
Hey Mate

DO NOT TOUCH THE ORB.

Honestly you won't even do that, you basically are there to set the gate, you almost never will be asked to actually run since theres always better options.
10/14/2018 12:48 AMPosted by Trueblonde
Hey Mate

DO NOT TOUCH THE ORB.

So basically we are just to help keep the webbing off the ground for others and use demise to heal ourselves while they use our portal to get that boost. So we carry the final orb ourselves right? I have googled for videos and it doesn't show much. It would be really nice to have a better info pack out there for this fight, but EVERYONE needs a lock in PUGs, but I am too afraid to screw it up.

so do we stay up top until 3 orbs happen and G'huun comes out?

Locks in pugs generally don't solo carry orbs, you just gateway.

I would, however, get your portal setup during the first orb just in case a backup is called for though, makes you look good af on WCL, even if you don't parse that high, the fight rewind will show the awesomeness that is a lock solo running.
gateways very useful you should have it bound or at least on a bar somewhere
Newbie warlock. Does perma-corruption work on the cysts? Seems like I could just dot up both sides during P1 and nobody needs to worry about them for the rest of the encounter.
10/22/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Sevaryn
Newbie warlock. Does perma-corruption work on the cysts? Seems like I could just dot up both sides during P1 and nobody needs to worry about them for the rest of the encounter.

used to, making the first week of AOTC laughable with a lock (not really, as people were undergeared, but that wasn't intended) and than fixed. Cysts are treated like PvP enemies.
bleh. Okay, thanks.
You just set up gates a few steps from orb spawns.

You might be in a duo to run them.

Usually warriors and monks can solo run.
Check out some YouTube videos from a warlocks POV
^check out Yipzarena, Kalamazi, Sjeletyven, Deepshades, Atroxe, etc on youtube.