WoW Subscribers

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Is it just me or have there been far, far more threads claiming to not continue their sub/cancel completely compared to all throughout Legion? Like, it's getting to a point where I'm wondering if Blizzard is worried or not. I don't want to go through another WoD debacle but I'm just personally noticing the increase in people who seemingly are done with my favorite game of all time.

This is troubling, no? Blizzard do you even care?
Nah, it's always like this here
10/11/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Ameghan

No it isn't? I was here during Legion, at no point (especially the first two months) did we have hundreds of threads of people complaining about core game mechanics and declaring their unsub.
welcome to the gd where every current expansion is the worst expansion that is killing wow and everyone is leaving
I think blizzard has enough actual subscriber data that it doesn’t have to worry about video game breakup threads.

No it isn't? I was here during Legion, at no point (especially the first two months) did we have hundreds of threads of people complaining about core game mechanics and declaring their unsub.
Yes, it is. Been like this since Vanilla and people have also been leaving for the supposedly WOW killer.
Blizzard isn't worried. They sold millions of copies of BfA. I see Dreadwakes everywhere I go. Seems like every thread has someone advocating character boosts or race changes to bypass a grind.

They're making money hand over fist. They don't mind the money being damp with tears. Why should they? People keep paying.
10/11/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Astarael

That's what we in the biz call a confirmation bias.
The real question is, how many of those saying they've unsubbed actually did so? And if they did, how long before they bought another month?

People let their subs lapse all the time. Most of them don't post about it.
Yeah, it was. Before this it was about flying and gated allied races. There are certainly some issues that need to be worked on, but the drama around here never stops.
OP-- At this point I'd be surprised if the majority of players have actual Subs. I pay without a sub since I have been taking breaks pretty often until BfA reaches 8.2.
I'm only subbed cuz I have free game time. I figure I payed for the expand I should get something out of it.. >>

Uhmm, yeah it is...?
Sky's not falling OP.
10/11/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Brahmina
The real question is, how many of those saying they've unsubbed actually did so? And if they did, how long before they bought another month?

Well, given that a few years back there had been over 100 million individual WoW accounts created, plenty of people do leave...the more you know.
Why is this a surprise?
Legion was good BFA is crap.
Just the way things are.
10/11/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Brahmina

People quit all the time, most don’t post about it. Again, well over 100 million individual WoW accounts have been created. Most guess 5 million or less currently. 3 million copies of BFA sold.

People leave and don’t come back, all the time.
[quote]
10/11/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Krider
Blizzard isn't worried. They sold millions of copies of BfA. I see Dreadwakes everywhere I go. Seems like every thread has someone advocating character boosts or race changes to bypass a grind.

They're making money hand over fist. They don't mind the money being damo with tears. Why should they? People keep paying.
I pay for sub with tokens off the AH. All the people I know irl and the few in game that has stuck around have been doing that for a long time. paying for an expansion isnt as much anymore as it used to be. this will be the last expansion I ever buy for WoW if activision doesn't figure out how many subs this dev team has ran off and move some people around to diffent jobs. you suck D, new players or ion worshipers that defend the people that have run this game into the ground. it isnt fun anymore. and most
people defending them never played it when it was fun. KMA. this isnt members berries. it is F all of you that thinks the game now should be call Warcraft. an offshoot would have maybe satisfied anyone that thinks this is Warcraft.

Yeah we did.