WoW Subscribers

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
10/11/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Astarael
Is it just me or have there been far, far more threads claiming to not continue their sub/cancel completely compared to all throughout Legion?

I mean. It's possible? There are two sides to this argument.

You have people who genuinely hate this game, and will argue that yes, there's been a trend of more people unsubscribing and making these threads more than ever before.

Then you have shills and white-knights rushing to the defense of Blizzard saying that it has been that way and everything is an exaggeration.

Both of these people never bring the data btw.

What's the point of comparing the quantity of the threads though? There are unsub threads that highlight very well spoken criticisms of the game and we should honestly look at those instead of trying to look at how many people are unsubscribing.

Besides, we already know how confident Blizzard feels in their subscriptions, there's been a downward trend in them since the last time they released them, and they've withheld official numbers for a while now.
10/11/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Astarael
Is it just me or have there been far, far more threads claiming to not continue their sub/cancel completely compared to all throughout Legion? Like, it's getting to a point where I'm wondering if Blizzard is worried or not. I don't want to go through another WoD debacle but I'm just personally noticing the increase in people who seemingly are done with my favorite game of all time.

This is troubling, no? Blizzard do you even care?

If your servers are as empty as mine then yes it is troubling. Just for S&Gs I flew all around Azeroth Outland, Northrend and Pandaria the other day. Most areas are just ghost towns. All my guilds are dark; so are friends lists.

I haven't seen this level of "quit" since May 2015. Not a good sign. Not even close. If Blizzard isn't worried, it should be.
10/11/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Astarael
10/11/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Ameghan
Nah, it's always like this here

No it isn't? I was here during Legion, at no point (especially the first two months) did we have hundreds of threads of people complaining about core game mechanics and declaring their unsub.

That just tells me you weren't paying much attention to the forums during past expansions.
10/12/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Zanderoth

No it isn't? I was here during Legion, at no point (especially the first two months) did we have hundreds of threads of people complaining about core game mechanics and declaring their unsub.

That just tells me you weren't paying much attention to the forums during past expansions.

Yep.

Literally every single expansion has had that. I remember it during even wotlk.
No its not, I never saw these kinds of threads in the old forums during bc and wrath, people where much happier with the game back then, theres obviously something wrong with the last couple expansions.

10/12/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Snowfox

Yep.

Show me a thread from the waybackmachine, I'll be waiting.
Yes OP, it’s just you.

lol, yeah ... yeah we did.

Also in WoD. Before that it happened in MoP, Cata, Wotlk.

BC it was all about gating.
10/12/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Mightylink
No its not, I never saw these kinds of threads in the old forums during bc and wrath, people where much happier with the game back then, theres obviously something wrong with the last couple expansions.

10/12/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Snowfox

Yep.

I'll do that if you agree that when I post the links, you admit you're wrong, the op is wrong, and that the thread is over.

Can you agree to that?

Here's a great one:
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/3388890796?page=1

2005 --> 2012, The road to failure.
"Every expansion there are cries of MORE SPELLS! NEW SPELLS!
Yet we end up with too many. The main example beeing the existance of dedicated macro pages. People can no longer play the game without having to code macros that help them activate abilities, and this is a clear failure on blizzards part.
The trademark of good games is simplicity .
Easy to learn - hard to master."

This is fun.

It really isn’t. And saying it is doesn’t negate the reality that this dev team makes content that drives away players in droves...players who WANT to love this game and play it regularly.

Ion’s vision for the game is so narrow and small that only a small portion of those who would like to play WoW can even stand it. Kudos to you if you love Ion’s game. For the rest of us? We either unsub or stay subbed and barely log in.
10/12/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Spinster

It really isn’t.

lol yes it is.

Let's not pretend GD wasn't a vicious place full of "I quit!" and "wow is dying!" threads before BfA.
10/12/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Snowfox

It really isn’t.

lol yes it is.

Let's not pretend GD wasn't a vicious place full of "I quit!" and "wow is dying!" threads before BfA.

wow has been dying since 2004 launch night.
10/12/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Snowfox
...No its not, I never saw these kinds of threads in the old forums during bc and wrath, people where much happier with the game back then, theres obviously something wrong with the last couple expansions.

I'll do that if you agree that when I post the links, you admit you're wrong, the op is wrong, and that the thread is over.

Can you agree to that?

lol

you boutta get rekt

It really isn’t. And saying it is doesn’t negate the reality that this dev team makes content that drives away players in droves...players who WANT to love this game and play it regularly.

Ion’s vision for the game is so narrow and small that only a small portion of those who would like to play WoW can even stand it. Kudos to you if you love Ion’s game. For the rest of us? We either unsub or stay subbed and barely log in.

You kidding me right.

I started (again) in MoP and it was all whining about daily quests and pandas and timeless isle sucks and I quit.

Same garbage.

Same people. Same garbage.
Snapshot from 2008:
https://web.archive.org/web/20080914142515/http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com:80/board.html?forumId=10001&sid=1

Can't see the thread content, but just skim the titles. Tell me its different, lol.

Some great ones:

"Waste of Time"
"What Would Make WoW Fun Again?"
"I'm leaving WoW"
"Quit being cheapskates Blizzard"
"Does everyone here hate this game?" <--- (ROFL)
"Just tell me how to quit WoW...." (apparently there were issues unsubscribing)
10/11/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Cryptdust
Yeah, it was. Before this it was about flying and gated allied races.

Then before that it was Legendaries in Legion, etc. The list goes on for each expansion. I remember seeing people on the forums claiming that the 1.6 patch was going to kill the game because it allowed players to queue for BGs at the Battlemasters in capital cities and thus they were unsubbing, this was 13 years ago.

I don't want to diminish or invalidate anyone's criticism with this post but yes, GD has always been like this and always will.
Snapshot from 2008:
https://web.archive.org/web/20080914142515/http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com:80/board.html?forumId=10001&sid=1

Can't see the forums, but just skim the titles. Tell me its different, lol.

Some great ones:

"Waste of Time"
"What Would Make WoW Fun Again?"
"I'm leaving WoW"
"Quit being cheapskates Blizzard"
"Does everyone here hate this game?" <--- (ROFL)
"Just tell me how to quit WoW...." (apparently there were issues unsubscribing)

rofl
No, it really has been this way since the very first expansion.
10/12/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Ythisens
10/11/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Cryptdust
Yeah, it was. Before this it was about flying and gated allied races.

Then before that it was Legendaries in Legion, etc. The list goes on for each expansion. I remember seeing people on the forums claiming that the 1.6 patch was going to kill the game because it allowed players to queue for BGs at the Battlemasters in capital cities and thus they were unsubbing, this was 13 years ago.

I don't want to diminish or invalidate anyone's criticism with this post but yes, GD has always been like this and always will.

lol

Sad but true.

All you can do is laugh I guess.
10/12/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Snowfox

Prior to Cataclysm people were always saying "oh, this game or that game will kill WoW" which was silly, but since the launch of Cataclysm subs have been dropping pretty steadily, and the 60-day-post-launch dropoff has been pretty consistent.

The expansion launches give us a good uptick to at least 80% of peak subs it looks like, but the dropoff after launch hits harder with every xpac.