Make flying mounts glide, please.

General Discussion
Pretty. Pretty. Pretty. Please.

That is all.
Goblin gliders "glide". I use them all the time
yes pls
Like in areas you can't fly? Then no one would wanna use ground mounts anymore.
10/12/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Notsodead

You say that as if it was a bad thing.
I've been suggesting that winged flying mounts should be able to glide for quite a while. It's one I send in on a regular basis. Don't see it happening tbh. I mean it's stupid enough that our mounts forgot how to fly, again, but they can't even recall how to GLIDE? Ugh.
10/12/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Notsodead

I really wish the "flying compromise" had been an all out mount system revamp.

Allow flying mounts to fly when used in town/at flightmasters, but glide otherwise(...so you couldn't get stuck on a mountain). So you could still use them to explore and enjoy views, but not to helicopter quest/other things.

Put in goat/spider mounts that could go up steeper slopes. Frog mounts that could jump further. Water-striders staying as is. Water mounts that swam faster. Lizards you could use in caves as well. A swifter mount that would daze you, rhino's that would go slower but be undaze-able.

Instead we got pathfinder. Meh.

I still kind of want a frog mount.
I have to admit, I do find it odd that my plague drake can not glide. I mean the damn thing has like a 10 meter wing span?
10/12/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Nighdarke
I've been suggesting that winged flying mounts should be able to glide for quite a while. It's one I send in on a regular basis. Don't see it happening tbh. I mean it's stupid enough that our mounts forgot how to fly, again, but they can't even recall how to GLIDE? Ugh.
yeah think I'll pull out the demon hunter and glide
1. The goblin glider market would be wrecked if flying mounts did the same thing.
Goblin Glider would be absolutely useless if winged flying mounts could glide as well.
Guild Wars 2 actually has this. It's a griffon mount that can glide. It's pretty cool.

Actually come to think of it all the mounts in GW2 can do cool things.
The only mount that should get gliding is Kau'fon, if you do not understand why, you should unlock that mount.
Look. I just want to not have to worry about figuring out how much more fall damage I can take while in my hub city, while staying on a mount.

And come on. Blizz hasn't cared about engineering in forever. Its why I had to finally drop it in BFA.
There is another way to "fly" in BfA that doesn't involve Goblin gliders if you're a hunter with a pet that has the "Updraft" ability. I've been using it all the time lately because it makes me feel like I'm flying. What I like to do is cast Updraft, mount up and then jump off a nice tall cliff. Updraft won't let you change directions while gliding like the Goblin glider can, but when you land you are already mounted, which is nice if you land near some mobs. This ability has no cool down so you can use it all the time, even hopping off a small hill will get you gliding.
They glide. Just like a brick does :P
I was hoping this was a thread for more glide time in many flying mount animations. I love it when the flapping stops, and they glide.