Hopefully this is a rumor only

General Discussion
10/13/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Rea
10/13/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Crepe
It's very unlikely they'll remove a faction's access to their capital mid-expansion.

Considering that they have already removed the Faction Capital from three factions in this expansion (re. Night Elves and Worgan's access to Teldrassil and Forsaken to Undercity) at the start of a faction.. I wouldn't say that it is unlikely that any other faction would lose access to their capital cities.

This is a wildcard expansion that we can't really say what will and will not happen at this point.

Good point.

I think that if SW was lost, that would make the alliance more interesting. Give them more story, more heart, more everything.

They'll eventually rebuild or create a new city so that would be kind of cool too. I think BE's lose Silvermoon.

Maybe this is how Blizzard is remaking the game.
10/13/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Andrin
I heard that in I think patch 8.2 alliance may be losing stormwind? I know its only a rumor and to be taken with a grain of salt but still just merely the thought that of and especially how blizzard has beaten the absolute tar out of the alliance this expac so far. If this goes through and god we lose stormwind...will there even be an alliance left?

Ironforge is the best city and should be alliance capital. But stormwind to the ground
10/13/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Sisterspite
let me put it this way, no one on alliance side will keep playing wow after that..

Yes they will. That would be exciting if that happened and you'd all want to know what happens next and how it turns out.
10/13/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Grabmytotem
10/13/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Andrin

apparently it was from one of the leaks now im hoping im wrong and I just look stupid but seriously im not putting anything past blizzard at this point.

Care to point us in the direction of these leaks?

The only thing I saw was Taliesin make a joke about in a video the other day.

I guess that counts as a leak.
that would just be more par for the coarse, blizz taking away MORE alliance cities.
8.2 Tides of destruction.
First Raid: Fall of Stormwind...
10/13/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Inviscerate
10/13/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Andrin
I heard that in I think patch 8.2 alliance may be losing stormwind?

Nah, Alliance cities aren't allowed to be touched in-game for raids

yeah we dont even get to raid them... just obliterate them from the face of the world. the alliance gets to "raid" the hordes capitals, then politely hand it back to us while dusting off the crumbs and wag their finger disapprovingly.

Also, the alliance didnt destroy or even raid Undercity, blame the Banshee Lich Queen for that little turn of events. Scorched earth is best earth, according to her.
I really hope not. I feel that Stormwind and Orgimmar should be untouchable, well except for player pvp takeover.
10/13/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Ròwa
10/13/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Andrin

Yeah you're probably right but given how extreme the bias has gotten as a customer who plays alliance im getting kind of worried with this story team.

There is no bias just more cry babies on alliance side which most lack any skill at the game so they use the word "bias" on everything
10/13/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Crepe
It's very unlikely they'll remove a faction's access to their capital mid-expansion.
Don’t worry, I’m sure there will be a NPC who will gladly “turn back time” so Alliance can still use the AH.
>Orgrimmar sieged and raided.
>Undercity destroyed
>Zandalar raid

"*Sniff* *Sniff* but but but.. not muh beloved stormwind, its too important!"

Thats a yikes from me dog.
The Alliance is more likely to get playable Protoss than to lose Stormwind.
I think that it totally makes sense that this will happen. You should have gotten an inkling when they repaired SW after letting you have it half ruined for how long? Obviously they were prettying it up for the Horde.
10/13/2018 02:12 PMPosted by Momimfotm
Stop giving people things to complain about. This is just a baseless rumor but now people are going to run with it because it suits the narrative of "muh horde bias".

Sorry wasn't the intent
10/13/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Thorblakmane
>Orgrimmar sieged and raided.

Horde also sieged and raided orgrimmar at the time wasn't your city yall got kicked out we helped you get it back.

Undercity destroyed

Sylvannas turned it into a deathtrap which btw I thought was a brilliant strategy on her part and nearly killed most of the alliance leadership

>Zandalar raid

not sure on this one but ill give ya that
May I point out that during the siege of Orgrimmar, horde were not locked out of Orgrimmar, the city?
10/13/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Avoidme
If they did it would be the final nail in the coffin for many of us. I would cancel my sub.

I'm not Alliance but yes, I'd cancel too. This would be ridiculous.
Doubt it 100%.

It's the core city of every expansion after Wrath.

Stormwind has literally everything no other Alliance city has because Blizzard refused to update Ironforge and Darnassuss for no reason over these years.

No Cataclysm portals, no transmog, no nothin.
For me you're a bunch of masochists, you guys keep saying that Blizzard favored the horde and as if it wasn't enough you add some conspiracies like "losing Stormwind".

If you want it too much ok, we will get your shi*role city FOR THE HORDE!
I'm still disappointed that the Horde didn't actually "take" Darnassus, and the Alliance didn't "take" Undercity.

It would have been really great if those places had actually traded hands. The Alliance could have brought Lordaeron back to its former glory, while Darnassus could have become something more like Thunder Bluff with leaves. How cool would it be to have an elevator going up that tree?

True, odds are the Forsaken would have been doing the renovations in Teldrassil (so all that water would end up being green slime) but since the concept of trading cities is moot, I can imagine it any way I like.