8.1 Actual evil things done by the Alliance

Story Forum
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
10/17/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Lena
10/17/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Saiphas
I still can't get over the use of mainline Draenei, DRAENEI in a force that is going around PURGING a third party. Like I could see Dark Irons or really any dwarves, I could see humans, I could see even gnomes or Worgen, but Draenei?!?!?

"We heard you wanted more draenei mages so here are some that are generically evil and exist solely to be fodder for Horde questing."

Blizzard is really good at monkey paw wishes.

Its like... G'ah! if they had an alliance force maybe doing something like light conversions or something I could see that and be (not ok with but accepting). But seriously?
10/17/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Saiphas
10/17/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Lena

"We heard you wanted more draenei mages so here are some that are generically evil and exist solely to be fodder for Horde questing."

Blizzard is really good at monkey paw wishes.

Its like... G'ah! if they had an alliance force maybe doing something like light conversions or something I could see that and be (not ok with but accepting). But seriously?

Swap them out with Worgen and this makes sense imo. The Gilneans did all sorts of underhanded tactics in Cata when they were acting at the Forsakens foil, we should get back to that.
I still can't get over the use of mainline Draenei, DRAENEI in a force that is going around PURGING a third party. Like I could see Dark Irons or really any dwarves, I could see humans, I could see even gnomes or Worgen, but Draenei?!?!?

From what I've seen, Velen is sort of a push over when it comes to any conflict outside of Eredar demon stuff, at least in Legion.Every other Draenei commander or captain type typically acts really anti-Horde/ anti-orc despite that though, so maybe they don't really take his peace stuff all too seriously.
10/17/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Grahntorinu

From what I've seen, Velen is sort of a push over when it comes to any conflict outside of Eredar demon stuff, at least in Legion.Every other Draenei commander or captain type typically acts really anti-Horde/ anti-orc despite that though, so maybe they don't really take his peace stuff all too seriously.

Except they absolutely follow his example, infact I would argue that part of the Mag'har story is what would happen to Draenei without Velen still alive and Xe'ra still active.
also working with warlocks.

We already lost all of the WoD draenei stuff to the villain bat. Leave the draenei alone.

MU Draenei only escaped one more world than their AU counterparts after escaping countless others. With the Legion gone and with Velen learning to be more aggressive, I can totally see them sliding towards their AU counterparts. It shows that it’s “not just Xe’ra’s fault” and narrative-wise, it raises the interesting and uncomfortable Draenei counterpoint to the “all Orcs are inherently evil” narrative created by WoD.

The method in which they’re dropping this is still stupid though.
10/17/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Lena

We already lost all of the WoD draenei stuff to the villain bat. Leave the draenei alone.

Look I DONT like this either Lena >.>

Edit:@Rhahen, except Velen is still central to the MU draenei, he is their guiding light and though he is more aggressive, he has in no way gone into purgelandia.
Posted in another thread, but I'll toss it here as well.

------------

You know, it's funny.

I'm not upset that the Alliance is doing this. I'm just upset that we're doing it to the Vulpera of all people.

I mean, I would LOVE to go, 'Purge Squad,' on the Forsaken, or the Orcs, or the Goblins, but Vulpera? They're not even involved in this war. It's like how (Spoilers) killing Rastakan is supposed to be some big win for the Alliance. When I think of Horde leaders I want to kill, Rastakan doesn't even rank...

Glad to be doing some MORALLY GREY stuff at last, but come on, let me aim it at a logical target.
Guys, I've figured it out. I realized that whenever the Alliance steps on Zandalar, they do something incredibly stupid.

Obviously, there's something in the air there that affects only Alliance members and makes them dumb as f***.
10/17/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Resìleaf
Guys, I've figured it out. I realized that whenever the Alliance steps on Zandalar, they do something incredibly stupid.

Obviously, there's something in the air there that affects only Alliance members and makes them dumb as f***.

Well, and cause everything the Horde touches to turn to !@#$ (see the entire arc of the Horde Story in Zandalar).

I’m pretty sure Rexxar and the other Horde members caught the same virus when they landed on Stormsong. Shrine of Storms makes it clear that something’s not quite right up there with Rexxar.
10/17/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Rhahen
I’m pretty sure Rexxar and the other Horde members caught the same virus when they landed on Stormsong. Shrine of Storms makes it clear that something’s not quite right up there with Rexxar.

There are Old God Whispers going around on Kul'Tiras which is where most incompetent Alliance are coming from to Zandalar...

This only makes so much sense. Deadly viruses dwell in Zandalar and Kul Tiras, afflicting non-natives with an illness that reduces their faculties until they are rendered into feral beasts unable to make the difference between friend and foe.
10/17/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Cladriah
also working with warlocks.

Draenei and warlocks, working together to build a better Azeroth!
10/17/2018 07:35 PMPosted by Resìleaf

This only makes so much sense. Deadly viruses dwell in Zandalar and Kul Tiras, afflicting non-natives with an illness that reduces their faculties until they are rendered into feral beasts unable to make the difference between friend and foe.

More likely the Old God and Naga Queen whisperings on Kul'Tiras are affecting everyone who sets foot there and most Alliance who set foot there go to Zandalar in a bloodthirsty Old God induced rage!
10/17/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Alurna

------------

You know, it's funny.

I'm not upset that the Alliance is doing this. I'm just upset that we're doing it to the Vulpera of all people.

I mean, I would LOVE to go, 'Purge Squad,' on the Forsaken, or the Orcs, or the Goblins, but Vulpera? They're not even involved in this war. It's like how (Spoilers) killing Rastakan is supposed to be some big win for the Alliance. When I think of Horde leaders I want to kill, Rastakan doesn't even rank...

Glad to be doing some MORALLY GREY stuff at last, but come on, let me aim it at a logical target.

This is a very common thing that happens in war. And a common strategy. Attack essentially innocent peoples providing assistance to the enemy.

I’m sure plenty of 20th century conflicts will be used as examples regarding this.
10/17/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Saiphas
10/17/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Grahntorinu

Except they absolutely follow his example, infact I would argue that part of the Mag'har story is what would happen to Draenei without Velen still alive and Xe'ra still active.
Haven't seen any of his example toward Horde though. I know they fight in moderation, but as far as I've seen most of them are still out for vengeance agianist the Orcs. Only ones that I've seen act as a neutral party were some of the Shamans/Broken.
10/17/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Ningjinq

This is a very common thing that happens in war. And a common strategy. Attack essentially innocent peoples providing assistance to the enemy.

I’m sure plenty of 20th century conflicts will be used as examples regarding this.

I mean....LOOK, HERE'S THE THING.

Most of the stuff on the forums people say is hamfisted? It's realistic, happens all the time, hell what happened to Darnassus is a summer picnic compared to some of the !@#$ people do. But when people on the forums say they want 'Nuance' they don't necessarily mean they want 'realism' even if they don't admit it.

Me and Salphas can pull things out of history books all day, but we both acknowledge this is a power fantasy, and needs to be written like that on some level.
10/17/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Ningjinq
10/17/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Alurna

------------

You know, it's funny.

Think most of the forum users are seeing it more like an Ethnic Cleansing of Vulpera. Kind of an over blown use of the tactic, but eh, it's a vidoegame.