8.1 Actual evil things done by the Alliance

Story Forum
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
10/18/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Ningjinq
why do people completely forget about that enslaving of Pandaren in Jade Forest?
Because they weren't enslaved. The Alliance just insisted that they work as hard as they can because the Horde was such a dire threat (because the Sha had wormed into their leader's brain).

They complain about not getting enough snack/nap breaks and that their feet are sore, and aren't physically held there by anything. You just wander up and say, "Okay, you can go home now" to which they're like "Oh good, I was getting hungry".
10/18/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Éamon
That and in typical horde fashion when the alliance kicks a puppy ... they burn down an orphanage

I can't wait for 8.2 when the Horde starts dipping Vulpera orphans in burning pitch to use as catapult ammunition.

Forsaken Bombadier: "The screaming as they fly through the air really demoralizes the enemy."

Forsaken Deathguard: "Does it though? I've heard it just makes the enemy hate us more."

Forsaken Bombadier: "Haha, you're right. I just think it's funny."
I can see it now from a Gnome perspective. All the big Alliance races kicking and cutting poor cute little Vulpera and then the pressure centers on you. The other little person in the room. Vulpera begs and pleads, hoping to get you to empathize with it but the bigger maner races pressures you to join in on the fun.
10/18/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Éamon
I can't wait for 8.2 when the Horde starts dipping Vulpera orphans in burning pitch to use as catapult ammunition.

Forsaken Bombadier: "The screaming as they fly through the air really demoralizes the enemy."

Forsaken Deathguard: "Does it though? I've heard it just makes the enemy hate us more."

Forsaken Bombadier: "Haha, you're right. I just think it's funny."

I shouldn't have laughed. But I did.
I'm okay with this but like, why tho.

is there like a reason or

this pretty much assures that vulpera will be an allied race for horde at some point. i wonder what alliance will be getting? void night elves? lightforged humans? with the power of uninteresting recolors, the possibilities are endless.
10/18/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Vildaryon

this pretty much assures that vulpera will be an allied race for horde at some point. i wonder what alliance will be getting? void night elves? lightforged humans? with the power of uninteresting recolors, the possibilities are endless.
They are getting Mechagnomes. Lots of clues in BFA and BFA alpha files.

It’s literally because they need a defense incursion for the Horde in the zone, and there are no Zandalari nor horde assets there. It’s purely gameplay>story.
10/18/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Etheldald
10/18/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Carmageddon
Purge has been established as the Alliance atrocity adjective since Jaina, though.

the purge of dala wasn't an atrocity. at least it had motives.

Motives? Yes it had motives.

Not an atrocity? Hahahahahahaha

I think they should add the Jinyu. They could add so many awesome colors/patterns and fin options to them to counter the options the Vulpera have.

... I just really want to make an AH character that's a goldfish. Let me have this.
10/18/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Ningjinq
I’m actually curious: why do people completely forget about that enslaving of Pandaren in Jade Forest? It’s arguably the greyest thing the Alliance has done in WoW.

Refusing to let Pandaren go to the bathroom or take breaks (these are things they’ve said when rescued) gets ignored when the Horde kidnapped their children and put them in cages guarded by demons.

It’s ond of those things where when the Alliance kicks a puppy, the Horde burns down a kennel.
10/18/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Saiphas

It’s literally because they need a defense incursion for the Horde in the zone, and there are no Zandalari nor horde assets there. It’s purely gameplay>story.

I mean, I don’t want to blow your mind or anything but Blizzard can just add stuff. They don’t even have to add any assets, they can just add a bunch of Horde grunts to the shore who are being purged.

I agree that this is dumb, but you can’t wriggle out of this as a pure gameplay contrivance when Blizzard could have added Grunt.mook instead of Fox.mook. !@#$, they could have dropped in a Horde bunker model and make an outpost, for a full patch they’ve done a lot more for a lot less than a major gameplay feature.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I mean, I don’t want to blow your mind or anything but Blizzard can just add stuff. They don’t even have to add any assets, they can just add a bunch of Horde grunts to the shore who are being purged.

I agree that this is dumb, but you can’t wriggle out of this as a pure gameplay contrivance when Blizzard could have added Grunt.mook instead of Fox.mook. !@#$, they could have dropped in a Horde bunker model and make an outpost, for a full patch they’ve done a lot more for a lot less than a major gameplay feature.

I don't mean to blow your mind or anything, but they could of literally left out the crying children and impaled parents. Would of even been less work since they wouldn't need to make a new model for it. They've done done alot more for alot less in a major gameplay feature.
10/18/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Noxtua

I don't mean to blow your mind or anything, but they could of literally left out the crying children and impaled parents. Would of even been less work since they wouldn't need to make a new model for it. They've done done alot more for alot less in a major gameplay feature.

Yes?

I don’t understand why this is meant to blow my mind. I am aware of Brennadamm.
10/18/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Yersynia
10/18/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Saiphas

Not really, they’ve established that Zandalar and the Horde have zero actual presence in Vol’dun outside of the reliquary camps which the Alliance nuked in our war campaign. Occam’s razor still is correct here.
10/18/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Saiphas

Not really, they’ve established that Zandalar and the Horde have zero actual presence in Vol’dun outside of the reliquary camps which the Alliance nuked in our war campaign. Occam’s razor still is correct here.

You act like that can't change lol

"Horde scouts detected an Alliance presence in Vol'Dun so they established a bunker"

bam done

Hell that makes MORE sense than "Hey none of our camps in Vol'Dun are reporting back, eh whatever I'm sure it's fine"
10/18/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Saiphas

And you think the razor here is that there’s an in game consideration of Horde absence (again, they could just add grunts instead of Vulpera) and not the even simpler answer of: “They wanted the Alliance to do something nasty?”

The razor isn’t in your side here.

And you think the razor here is that there’s an in game consideration of Horde absence (again, they could just add grunts instead of Vulpera) and not the even simpler answer of: “They wanted the Alliance to do something nasty?”

Because first it is at odds with everything related to the rest of this patch. There is a huge disconnect between this and explicit orders to minimize civilian casualties in the battle of DA.

Furthermore,and more importantly, examine if you will the other incursion points, they are all around established locations built into the zones. They correspond to already local worldquests within the zone (which is not surprising given they replace the original world quests in the zone during the incursion). This is the clincher, these are worldquest locals, They are not going to phase in all the attended areas needed for a horde infrastructure for these then to be removed after the incursion elapses.
10/18/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Saiphas

Because first it is at odds with everything related to the rest of this patch. There is a huge disconnect between this and explicit orders to minimize civilian casualties in the battle of DA.

Furthermore,and more importantly, examine if you will the other incursion points, they are all around established locations built into the zones. They correspond to already local worldquests within the zone (which is not surprising given they replace the original world quests in the zone during the incursion). This is the clincher, these are worldquest locals, They are not going to phase in all the attended areas needed for a horde infrastructure for these then to be removed after the incursion elapses.

Not only do I not agree, but that razor is looking more and more like a brick.

What I don’t need to do, however, is argue this point. The lore is there for all to see, blunt it with gameplay factors if it suits you.

Not only do I not agree, but that razor is looking more and more like a brick.

What I don’t need to do, however, is argue this point. The lore is there for all to see, blunt it with gameplay factors if it suits you.

Edit: look I made a snark that was uncalled for, we won’t see eye to eye in this issue, let’s just agree to disagree
10/18/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Éamon
10/18/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Mellow
They don't even bother to cover it up with a more righteous sounding name? THAT is out of character.

I vote for Ministry of Purity.

I think you clearly mean Ministry of Tolerance.