Mounts with different perks

General Discussion
Just a suggestion for a new feature to add into the game:

Rare/special mounts that have various different features attributed to them. Features such as some having slightly increased speed or harder to daze by enemies, gives a stat buff after riding it for X amount of time, reduces HP loss, increased swim speed, impervious to X type of enemy, can be used indoors for X seconds, etc.

This doesn't have to be applied to generic mounts, just rare or hard to obtain mounts, to keep things more interesting and to entice players to strive to get them. Over the years I've gotten so many mounts that newer mounts do interest me, but not nearly to the extent of which they once did. I think a system like this would add some flair back to mounts and obtaining them, on conjunction with seeming straightforward to implement.

Anyway it's just an idea, what do you guys think?
You mean like mounts in GW2?
I love the idea but i'd want them attached to the character and not the mount, otherwise, you get silo'd into one mount because of its mechanical advantage.
I like it. Sounds fun!
10/18/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Mvura
I love the idea but i'd want them attached to the character and not the mount, otherwise, you get silo'd into one mount because of its mechanical advantage.

You mean like sky golem and strider ?
I'd prefer unique idle animations.

Kael' s hawkstrider should behave differently than a normal hawkstrider.
10/18/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Kegsmash

You mean like sky golem and strider ?

Oof

You mean like the water strider and sky golem?
I would rather have effects that are permanent but only with one active at-a-time. The tradeskill variants are prohibitively expensive in the current economy. Mount-based effects restrict people to using specific mounts instead of the one they want to use; prime example of this is the ugly af Sky Golem.
What is the benefit of using the Sky Golem btw? I have it, don't see how it helps haha, genuinely curious?
10/19/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Ghazarios
What is the benefit of using the Sky Golem btw? I have it, don't see how it helps haha, genuinely curious?

Can allow herbing without dismounting baseline with it.
sounds interesting and maybe even fun. why would they add that?